Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gordon hayward's body is less stable than any of his political views could ever be. the spurs don't need to invest in someone who is guaranteed to miss significant time during the season.
    If the Spurs take on Hayward it's not because of his on court contribution, but because there are additional assets attached (no. 13, no. 15, Kai Jones, PJ Washington, etc.).

Hayward has 2 years left @ around 30M, McDermott also has 2 years left but at around 14M. A more feasible scenario would be packaging McDermott + Poeltl + filler (Langford, etc) for Hayward + Kai Jones + picks (no 13 + no 15 + possibly more). I this case you're basically adding an extra year of cap burden (the second one) for those assets.

Not saying it's ideal, because you may very well get part of that by simply using Poeltl and there may be cheaper ways to unload McDermott, but if there's a scenario where we take on Hayward, it's more likely something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs take on Hayward it's not because of his on court contribution, but because there are additional assets attached (no. 13, no. 15, Kai Jones, PJ Washington, etc.).

Hayward has 2 years left @ around 30M, McDermott also has 2 years left but at around 14M. A more feasible scenario would be packaging McDermott + Poeltl + filler (Langford, etc) for Hayward + Kai Jones + picks (no 13 + no 15 + possibly more). I this case you're basically adding an extra year of cap burden (the second one) for those assets.

Not saying it's ideal, because you may very well get part of that by simply using Poeltl and there may be cheaper ways to unload McDermott, but if there's a scenario where we take on Hayward, it's more likely something like that.
    That's the sort of trade I've seen pitched elsewhere. It's basically Poeltl + cap relief. I don't think the Hornets could give up both of their draft picks, however. I can't imagine it would go over well with their fanbase if they're perceived of giving up all those assets for our center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the sort of trade I've seen pitched elsewhere. It's basically Poeltl + cap relief. I don't think the Hornets could give up both of their draft picks, however. I can't imagine it would go over well with their fanbase if they're perceived of giving up all those assets for our center.
    It's more than that: they'd also be placing themselves in prime position for this year's FA market, and more importantly, the next. Provided they keep their core and hire a reputable coach, that could be HUGE. Franchise altering, even. Not a small detail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st encouraging off season in 4 years.

Looking forward to 2022-23 progress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st encouraging off season in 4 years.

Much too early to be saying that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more than that: they'd also be placing themselves in prime position for this year's FA market, and more importantly, the next. Provided they keep their core and hire a reputable coach, that could be HUGE. Franchise altering, even. Not a small detail.
    I'm not disputing, just saying that it's a hard sell to a fanbase to explain why you just dumped your two good draft picks like that. More likely they'd want to keep one.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not disputing, just saying that it's a hard sell to a fanbase to explain why you just dumped your two good draft picks like that. More likely they'd want to keep one.
    Yes, don't see them dumping both of those picks unless they are getting into the top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much too early to be saying that...
    But the bar had been set soo low.
    Only way to go is up, right?

Will Gramps trade way the young core for Chris Paul?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be trying to capitalize on the falling out with Ayton and Phoenix. Yes I know there can be a risk as (but but he's not cultured enough" then again maybe not but there is no one better max type player with talent that Spurs could find in Free agency.

If you really want to compete in Murray's time line they really need to try luring in these players to play with him. Maybe a little" Spurs "culture might do him some good and if not he would be tradeable down the line. Gotta take some risks to be compe ive in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be trying to capitalize on the falling out with Ayton and Phoenix. Yes I know there can be a risk as (but but he's not cultured enough" then again maybe not but there is no one better max type player with talent that Spurs could find in Free agency.

If you really want to compete in Murray's time line they really need to try luring in these players to play with him. Maybe a little" Spurs "culture might do him some good and if not he would be tradeable down the line. Gotta take some risks to be compe ive in this league.
    Ayton at max is a massive mistake and the Spurs should stay away. Getting involved to facilitate a S&T to a team is definitely a good possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t read the book or even the Coles notes but my understanding is Orlando was a tad annoyed with him when he was outspoken. Don’t think it realistically precludes him from us being interested but he definitely has some hair on him at this point.
    I think that's a reasonable assumption. I haven't read or even read a review on the book but I agree with your assessment.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets are open to trading the 3rd pick, what would we be willing to give up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s disciple Monty benching Ayton in game 7 is not a good sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually, that is the opposite. You know what they say, the best trades (or signings) are the ones you don't make. Compe ive teams make wise, calculated moves, the ones who make risky (some would say stupid) moves usually pay the price for several years... This isn't a video game, you can't just get rid like that of a maxed Ayton if that doesn't do it, specially with his recent history. That would be a red flag for most teams or you would be on the wrong side of any trade anyway.

No way I sign and max Ayton if I'm Wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets are open to trading the 3rd pick, what would we be willing to give up.
    i don't know if the rockets are thinking of trading down as far as #9. i think they know that the pistons want into the top three and that would be their best trade target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they take a package around Keldon. But DJ + 20 for Banchero? I’d draft Davis at #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they take a package around Keldon. But DJ + 20 for Banchero? I’d draft Davis at #9.
    the rockets would certainly love this deal so it's a good value assessment but . I like Banchero, but no way am i on board with giving up DJ for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the rockets would certainly love this deal so it's a good value assessment but . I like Banchero, but no way am i on board with giving up DJ for him.
    Why not? DJ will be a max contract in 2 years. Instead, Spurs can build around Banchero, Vassell, Davis (who is a bullish 2-way) and Primo. Draft Williams at 15.

I like DJ, but there are still flaws in his game, not getting enough FT, etc. I think Banchero has a higher ceiling, just imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to strongly consider DJ for #3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Christian Wood. Is there any reasonable trade scenario that could make that happen, players and/or picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone be willing to give up #9 and two future FRPs to make this happen? If for Banchero, I'd do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Christian Wood. Is there any reasonable trade scenario that could make that happen, players and/or picks?
    He isn't good. He can't defend. And he isn't good enough offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't good. He can't defend. And he isn't good enough offensively.
    And he's a me-first headcase. Hard pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy is a clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy is a clown
    yea other then hes young on a cheap deal i dont get the hype. I mean he is the best player on Houston but they absolutely suck

Thread Information