Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This possibility really sunk in for me after we traded Derrick. If the spurs choose not to surround DJ and Yak with players on their time line this summer, it feels like a matter for time until they’re moved and we’re on to a new core around Vassel/Primo/2022 FRP picks.
    I see ot the same...we have 2 potential timelines and this summer will tell us which one we're taking..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see ot the same...we have 2 potential timelines and this summer will tell us which one we're taking..
    My timeline isn't about age as much as it is about the fact we are headed towards a roster of 10-12 average to slightly above average NBA players. There is only so long we can draft and develop guys like Keldon, Vassell, Primo etc who are at best solid role players. Even DJ (admittedly my favourite player) is not a true centrepiece. He’s more Marcus Smart than Jason Tatum. He’s a solid building block if you surround him with talent but we have no talent.

If we come away with 2-4 more eventual solid role players this draft we are going to have to start getting aggressive in consolidating role players as there isn’t enough time or money to go around when it comes time to extend guys.

if we don’t hit in a draft pick over the next few years i’m all for completely
    tearing it down and finally bottoming out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homicide rate is higher in Texas than California, as is rate of property crime. Firearm violence, unsurprisingly, is far higher in Texas. It's more expensive to live in California due to supply and demand -- more people want to live there. California has an overall death rate due to Covid lower than Texas despite getting hit much earlier and before vaccines. Their economy is booming and the legislature has a huge surplus to attend to people's needs. The Texas governor wrecked hundreds of millions in produce and products on the border because he's a dope. National Guardsmen are killing themselves on the border because he's forcing them to stay there indefinitely for some electoral ploy, unable to see their families. Only numbskulls give a where grown adults take a whizz.
    You might want to look at your information again. It may have been better in 2020 but that was because most people were locked up. Typically Tx is better then cali in vilent crime. https://www.kcra.com/article/newsom-...-why/38489825# in 2020 Tx also had less homicides but more per capita but I bet that also had something to do with being locked down.
    As far as the Texas not haveing power during a winter storm which was rare. Cali is looking at not having enough during this summer and years to come. Something they should be more use to. interesting how the national media is not talking about it much. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cal...ts-2022-05-06/

If people want to live in Cali so much then where is there such a mass exodus from there. It is more expensive do to lots of laws that raise up prices. Cali also has a massive shortfall if they would repair several of the things that need to be repaired. Texas also has a surplus and has for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No interest in Donovan Mitc . Ask yourself this: when's the last time a team with a 6'1" starting SG won a championship? For three straight years, the Jazz have been slightly better with him off the floor than with him on. CJ McCollum became immediately more effective in New Orleans after they made him the PG and put a great defender next to him. Portland wasted the better part of a decade losing early in the playoffs with a micro back court that couldn't stop anyone.
    Gave me an idea with your post. Maybe we can find a team that likes micro back-courts and trade Tre Jones who can't shoot and is vertically challenged. We need to prune the guard ranks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah lol, I was still there during that Feb. We didn't lose power, but everyone else in our family did. ing show. And yeah, they didn't do to fix that so it'll 100% happen again in the future because they DGAF if you suffer, they just fly to Cancun.
    Not to worry. If everyone will just buy an electric car, we won't have any more energy problems. Oh wait, the current grid wouldn't sustain a few million EVs charging every day and night, so we'd have to upgrade our grid with additional solar and wind power greater than the current 25%. But then I'm not sure where I will be able to charge my family's cars in our current apartment complex since we don't have garages, but I'm sure it will be easy to work out who goes first at the electric power post with all my moron neighbors . Gosh, I hope they don't raise my rent in order to build all those electric charging posts near my parking places. We are in for some really fun futures that we can imagine quite easily if we try., eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ take your politics elsewhere.

Bringing left vs right US politics to a public sports forum just exacerbates how ignorant and uneducated both sides appear to the rest of the world.
    Last edited by KingKev; 05-08-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This possibility really sunk in for me after we traded Derrick. If the spurs choose not to surround DJ and Yak with players on their time line this summer, it feels like a matter for time until they’re moved and we’re on to a new core around Vassel/Primo/2022 FRP picks.
    Poeltl, maybe (probably?). Murray, the White trade was probably an indication that they'll build around him.

They spent a half decade helping to develop him into the player he's become, they desperately need star power and will probably continue to have difficulty procuring it via the draft by intentionally having an adverse effect on their odds.

I also don't think he'd have the trade value (going on 26, inefficient on ball, a liability off ball) commensurate with his fringe star status and given that and how long it took him to secure face of the franchise status, I doubt he'll want to leave so long as they continue to gradually improve.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266826/Robert-Covington-Clippers-Agree-To-Two-Year-$24M-Extension

Would have been a nice possibility and they signed him pretty cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266826/Robert-Covington-Clippers-Agree-To-Two-Year-$24M-Extension

Would have been a nice possibility and they signed him pretty cheap.
    Doubt he would even consider signing here.

Blazers really blew things up for pennies on the dollar though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he would even consider signing here.

Blazers really blew things up for pennies on the dollar though.
    Why, again, do you want to sign a guy who will be 32 next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, again, do you want to sign a guy who will be 32 next season?
    I don’t gramps. If you actually read my posts instead of always trying to argue with me I’m heavily against all of these Batum, RoCo, Harrison Barnes, Dipo popular Spurstalk targets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t gramps. If you actually read my posts instead of always trying to argue with me I’m heavily against all of these Batum, RoCo, Harrison Barnes, Dipo popular Spurstalk targets.
    Well, OK, sonny boy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience young Jedi ……..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all in for 2023 Tank..........

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ take your politics elsewhere.

Bringing left vs right
    Lefties:
    Deandre Ayton
    Marvin Bagley Jr.
    Kent Bazemore
    Jalen Brunson
    Miles Bridges
    Ed Davis
    Rodney Hood
    Joe Ingles
    DeAndre Jordan
    D'Angelo Russell
    Tristan Thompson
    Thaddeus Young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I do think it hinges on whether they win or not this year, but their penny pinching history is well-known.

IIRC they can’t aggregate Saric in a S&T though, so would have to be only Ayton
    They can totally aggregate Saric with a S&T though. No idea where that meme started, but I've seen it on multiple forums.

Not that signing Ayton or trading for Saric makes sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My obsession knows no bounds….

Unrealistic but the numbers appear to work so putting it out into the ether.

With D’antoni likely running a system akin to what he has in the past, Poeltl becoming a Hornet seems a lot less likely/palatable.
    Josh Richardson, however, would appear to be a perfect candidate to pair with Ball as a 2/3…

Proposed 3 Team Trade

SA receives Gordon Hayward, Kai Jones, Indiana 14th pick in the 2022 Draft

Indy receives Doug McDermott, Zach Collins, Charlotte 13th & 15th picks in 2022 Draft, SA 20th pick in 2022 Draft, SA 2024 First Round Pick, Charlotte 2024 First round pick

Charlotte receives Myles Turner, Josh Richardson

Why would SA do it?

Hayward has always felt like a Spurs type guy IMO. Even though his contract is horrendous, Spurs would likely value his veteran leadership, Offensive versatility and role tutelage capabilities for KJ, Vassell and Primo.
    Kai Jones would offer the team an athletic presence at the 4/5 whose ceiling is sky high.
    The Indy 14th could be paired potentially with 9th to get to 6 or 7th in the draft to grab Keegan Murray who I believe fits this team perfectly.

Depth Chart

Starters
    DJ, Vassell, KJ, Keegan Murray, Poeltl

Bench
    Hayward, Primo, Kai Jones, Tre Jones, Jock Landale, 25th Pick, Weiskamp, 38th Pick

Why would Indy do it?
    Indy has significant means to add (almost) 3 lottery type talents in this draft and subsequent future flexibility of adding more.

Why would Charlotte do it?
    In long need of a C, Myles Turner has long said to be of interest to Charlotte. Shedding Hayward’s salary to help achieve that task, even while giving up two first rounders, is still a no brainer.
    A starting lineup of LaMelo, Rozier, J Rich, Bridges and Turner offers the kind of on paper lineup that would allow D’Antoni’s Offense to thrive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ wow that is terrible!!! Indy nets four FRP for Turner to eat two years of Doug McDdermott? Are you kidding? We pay a hefty price to unload McDermott and take on a terrible contract? WTF.

Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With D’antoni likely running a system akin to what he has in the past, Poeltl becoming a Hornet seems a lot less likely/palatable.
    Josh Richardson, however, would appear to be a perfect candidate to pair with Ball as a 2/3…

Proposed 3 Team Trade

SA receives Gordon Hayward, Kai Jones, Indiana 14th pick in the 2022 Draft

Indy receives Doug McDermott, Zach Collins, Charlotte 13th & 15th picks in 2022 Draft, SA 20th pick in 2022 Draft, SA 2024 First Round Pick, Charlotte 2024 First round pick

Charlotte receives Myles Turner, Josh Richardson

Why would SA do it?

Hayward has always felt like a Spurs type guy IMO. Even though his contract is horrendous, Spurs would likely value his veteran leadership, Offensive versatility and role tutelage capabilities for KJ, Vassell and Primo.
    Kai Jones would offer the team an athletic presence at the 4/5 whose ceiling is sky high.
    The Indy 14th could be paired potentially with 9th to get to 6 or 7th in the draft to grab Keegan Murray who I believe fits this team perfectly.

Depth Chart

Starters
    DJ, Vassell, KJ, Keegan Murray, Poeltl

Bench
    Hayward, Primo, Kai Jones, Tre Jones, Jock Landale, 25th Pick, Weiskamp, 38th Pick

Why would Indy do it?
    Indy has significant means to add (almost) 3 lottery type talents in this draft and subsequent future flexibility of adding more.

Why would Charlotte do it?
    In long need of a C, Myles Turner has long said to be of interest to Charlotte. Shedding Hayward’s salary to help achieve that task, even while giving up two first rounders, is still a no brainer.
    A starting lineup of LaMelo, Rozier, J Rich, Bridges and Turner offers the kind of on paper lineup that would allow D’Antoni’s Offense to thrive.
    this is a pretty awful trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ wow that is terrible!!! Indy nets four FRP for Turner to eat two years of Doug McDdermott? Are you kidding? We pay a hefty price to unload McDermott and take on a terrible contract? WTF.

Hard pass.
    this is a pretty awful trade
    That’s fair gents.
    Look, I won’t try and defend it. I will say this:
    - Hayward has a fair chance to rehabilitate his image and health in SA.
    - Keegan gives the Spur a mid-post option and a potential starting quality ‘4’.
    - Kai Jones, well, I’ve written enough about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s fair gents.
    Look, I won’t try and defend it. I will say this:
    - Hayward has a fair chance to rehabilitate his image and health in SA.
    - Keegan gives the Spur a mid-post option and a potential starting quality ‘4’.
    - Kai Jones, well, I’ve written enough about him

Hayward if/when healthy is a pretty good 2way player I just think you should be getting compensated to take that risk.

He is a Spurs type guy for sure but I’d want compensation and some other chips would have to fall in place (Lavine and a top 4 pick) for him to make sense for us. Just my opinion / unrealistic expectation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran a sim on 2k22 because I'm tired of waiting until this offseason.

Took a ton of trades, but here is your 2022-23 Spurs Roster

PG: Murray / Alec Burks
    SG: Mathurin / Primo / Procida (2nd Round Pick)
    SF: Johnson / Vassell / Iguodala / Sterling Brown
    PF: Miles Bridges (4yrs $102MM) / Obi Toppin / Larry Nance Jr.
    C: Duren / Collins / Ibaka

We still have all our 1s going forward plus :

2024 Top 3 Protected from MEM
    2025 Cavs 1st
    2025 Top 10 Protected from CHI
    2026 Unprotected from BKY
    2026 Unprotected from DAL
    2027 Unprotected from UTA

Pay attention Brian Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been thinking the exact same thing, but on a different angle... they could really use Josh Richardson, and though him alone won't get one of the two picks they have, maybe him + 25 could land us 13 or 15. I'd do that.

PS: way too complicated trades (good or bad) are almost impossible to anticipate... no point bothering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one has made a thread to say: “Let’s trade for Ayton now!” Send McDermott and surpluss for him, maybe the 25th pick in this years draft… then do the Jakob deal with Hornets! Lol I have no idea what I am talking about but this thread needs some bumping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton will be a S&T , not an outright signing for anyone, even if they have cap space, unless he's burnt all bridges and wants to the Suns over and himself as well that is.

I'm not sure I'd be happy giving up whatever will be needed to outbid other teams while also maxing out a center.

Thread Information