Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting lapped in their own division…

Memphis - #2 seed with Ja and young core
    Dallas - Luka, Brunson, Wood, and Co.
    Houston - Top draft picks and cap space
    NO - Good stoner core with Zion upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs = more championships than all of them combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Score board es

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't looking at the past, looking to move forward.

There is no Tim Duncan walking through the door so let's see how this front office can get this team back on top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All of these teams have serious issues. Not sure why anyone would be jealous? Zion will leave NO. Houston is trash and looks further away than SA. Dallas has Luka but are putting guys like Christian Wood and Jalen Brunson around him, ew. Memphis has Ja but will not be legit le contenders unless someone else takes a leap to All Star level, and at least one more becomes a borderline all star.

SA is in a similar place to all of them. I don’t see any team in this division being favorites to ring next year. The Spurs aren’t that far away from contending, but like these other teams, DJM needs some upgrades and internal growth. Should be fun to watch it all play out next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like the perfect storm to tank for a year or two and then pass all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas doesn't have a draft pick for the next three drafts, including this one. They just traded for a headcase who will probably put up good stats in a contract year but will be an issue when it matters.

Houston had a great draft last year and got rid of a headcase. I'm impressed with their direction, but the team is still incoherent and winning is a ways off.

Memphis is very good. They may be lacking the exceptional talent to get them over the final hurdle, but we'll see.

New Orleans' GM really turned it around in the last year with a ridiculous draft and great trade for McCollum. They should be very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Wood works out in any team that wants to win it all ... his mindset is a problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Brunson, Wood and Co... Wooo! Championship material! (and I like the "Co".)
    -Zion, you mean the guy who played 85 games in 3 seasons for NO...When he'll lose 50 pounds and will be able to play even half a season before he leaves NO, maybe.
    -Houston has nothing for the moment, just hope. Their pick might bust and what star is gonna sign there in the next 2-3 years?
    -Memphis is in good shape though.

NO is a good example. They got Zion and everyones was like: "Good future"... That was 3 drafts ago and they got one PO appearance total in that span, for a first round exit... And that was after they got AD, and eveyone was like "great future"... before they got 2 PO appearances in his 7 season tenure, good for one semi final exit. So that's litterally 10 years that NO has supposedly a "great future". Talk about "treadmill"...
    Last edited by JPB; 06-16-2022 at 02:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dallas trade is the epitome of a no lose, but you’re gonna lose trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood would complain about touches 10 games in book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can easily fix the PF problem via trade. Let's see what moves they'll make and who we draft. That combined with internal improvement should make the team a playoff team again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you wonder if Houston didn’t offer Christian Wood to the Spurs for #20 or #25 and trade filler. They are both higher than Dallas’ pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood is one of the worst defensive centers in the league, so going to Dallas who desperately needs a defensive big man is lol

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Brunson, Wood and Co... Wooo! Championship material! (and I like the "Co".)
    -Zion, you mean the guy who played 85 games in 3 seasons for NO...When he'll lose 50 pounds and will be able to play even half a season before he leaves NO, maybe.
    -Houston has nothing for the moment, just hope. Their pick might bust and what star is gonna sign there in the next 2-3 years?
    -Memphis is in good shape though.

NO is a good example. They got Zion and everyones was like: "Good future"... That was 3 drafts ago and they got one PO appearance total in that span, for a first round exit... And that was after they got AD, and eveyone was like "great future"... before they got 2 PO appearances in his 7 season tenure, good for one semi final exit. So that's litterally 10 years that NO has supposedly a "great future". Talk about "treadmill"...
    This is high level cope right here. Dallas and Memphis are easily in much, much better shape than the spurs, and will be for the foreseeable future. You’re hoping against hope the pelicans won’t be better, but there’s no reason to believe they won’t be. They were already better last year and they’ll be even better next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you wonder if Houston didn’t offer Christian Wood to the Spurs for #20 or #25 and trade filler. They are both higher than Dallas’ pick.
    Wright would have laughed at them, and hung up. Christian Wood is a lock room cancer and a turnstile on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some have speculated that this is about Golden State winning the ‘Chip with a chance to run it back.
    I’m not convinced.
    He was likely given very little assurance of team construction and personnel available for dispersal heading into the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Christian Wood trade shows how hard it can be to make things happen in the NBA. I can't imagine he was their first choice as a way to upgrade the team, but he was the guy that was available. I remember reading many years ago an article where Phil Jackson said he and his staff made a list of PFs they wanted and Rodman was like #7 or #8, but none of the other players were available, so that's who they got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Christian Wood trade shows how hard it can be to make things happen in the NBA. I can't imagine he was their first choice as a way to upgrade the team, but he was the guy that was available. I remember reading many years ago an article where Phil Jackson said he and his staff made a list of PFs they wanted and Rodman was like #7 or #8, but none of the other players were available, so that's who they got.

just like derozan was not the Spurs first choice either

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some have speculated that this is about Golden State winning the ‘Chip with a chance to run it back.
    I’m not convinced.
    He was likely given very little assurance of team construction and personnel available for dispersal heading into the draft.
    Or he’s gonna throw his name in for spurs gig next year…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m not convinced.
    If it now goes to Dantoni then I wonder how much they will be looking for a center or if they will just play Kai Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trad...green-anunoby/
    For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center or a top-10 draft pick.
    If only we were in need of a young wing and had a competent center who Toronto could find interesting plus other picks, or a top 10 pick in this draft... Oh well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trad...green-anunoby/

If only we were in need of a young wing and had a competent center who Toronto could find interesting plus other picks, or a top 10 pick in this draft... Oh well...
    Everyone could be had at a reasonable cost but the fact that the raptors traded Jakob once already makes me believe they wouldn’t trade back for him lol and idk how I’d feel about trading the 9th pick for Og I wouldn’t hate it but it would be a little disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaks were Toronto wanted Poeltl at the dead line but spurs asking price was to much. So they got young for a first instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If OG is in play I’d pay Jak, JRich, 20 or 25 and Primo.

Thread Information