San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see their list of slurs

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see their list of slurs
    interesting that Fenix Ammunition's twitter is not suspended seeing as they have been harassing Peter Hotez and threatening his death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE SPEECH*

U big mad huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting that Fenix Ammunition's twitter is not suspended seeing as they have been harassing Peter Hotez and threatening his death.
    Peter Hotez is BigPharma vaccine shill who loves to bring up his autistic child whenever he can score some sympathy points. He is terrified to debate anything like a little .

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peter Hotez is BigPharma vaccine shill who loves to bring up his autistic child whenever he can score some sympathy points. He is terrified to debate anything like a little .
    There is no reason for him to debate someone who has been thoroughly debunked repeatedly with his dumb vaccine autism . Keep on falling for that Kennedy cult of personality horse though!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just pointing out Musk's hypocrisy as you would/do when guys on "their side" are hypocrites. Don't be a dense .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    finally, a safe space for persecuted straight dudes, this has been so lacking...
    This perspective on a Sports message board is so odd to me. Don't you have some ferry forum to parade at? Or would you be run off because you are indeed a....straight white male.

Hooray for your powerful inclusion as long as you realize they don't like you anymore than myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just pointing out Musk's hypocrisy as you would/do when guys on "their side" are hypocrites. Don't be a dense .
    Its simple. Is cis/cisgender a slur? Yes it is. Also consider its origin is from pedophile.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not. I knew it would never be free speech, Qhris.

Did you think it would be free speech?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its simple. Is cis/cisgender a slur? Yes it is. Also consider its origin is from pedophile.
    Earlier this year, retired researcher Dana Defosse wrote an op-ed for the Huffington Post where she claims she coined the term cisgender in 1994.

“I was in graduate school and writing a paper on the health of trans adolescents. I put a post on alt.transgender to ask for views on transphobia and inclusion on the campus of the University of Minnesota. I was struggling because there did not seem to be a way to describe people who were not transgender without inescapably couching them in normalcy and making transgender iden y automatically the ‘other,'” Defosse writes.

“I knew that in chemistry, molecules with atoms grouped on the same side are labeled with the Latin prefix “cis–,” while molecules with atoms grouped on opposite sides are referred to as “trans–.” So, cisgender. It seemed like a no-brainer.”

Defosse recounts that it took a while for the term to catch on, but in 2016, it was entered into the Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster Dictionary, “both attributed the origin of the word to my 1994 post,” she writes.

She thought the word might become a passing fad, until 2022 when the Supreme Court of India used the term in its legal definition of a woman.

“The word cisgender is now an influential force in culture, sexuality, law and medicine around the world,” she writes.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9783640/e...ender-twitter/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE SPEECH*

"Free speech absolutist"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure users love the tiered access to free speech, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure users love the tiered access to free speech, too

Server bills coming due.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Server bills coming due.
    It's a squeeze for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if more people quit than sign up.

What I don't get is that beyond the individual user experience, data scraping and system manipulation is sort of what Twitter is for. Amplifying posts and targeting users are of primary commercial importance to the marketplace and presumably always will be.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 07-01-2023 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter seeing 'record user engagement'? The data tells a different story

Despite Twitter's owner Elon Musk's slashing of Twitter's workforce, Twitter is still a going concern. But as a former Twitter employee said: "You can blow both engines on a jet, and the jet is still going to glide."

So far, Twitter's glide has amounted to an 18.7% traffic decline as of March 2023, according to the web analysis site Similarweb. True, Musk told the BBC that Twitter was seeing record user engagement and that major advertisers were returning. But as David F. Carr, Similarweb senior insights manager, said bluntly: "We're not seeing it."

Similarweb isn't the only organization with numbers showing Twitter might be in trouble. Apptopia mobile-application tracking shows users spending less time on Twitter's apps, and it's particularly concerning that Twitter's power users are spending less time on its apps as well.

The numbers don't get any better in a recent Pew Research Group Twitter user survey. Pew found most Twitter users had taken a break from the social network at some time during the past year. Looking ahead, a quarter of users said, "They are not very or not at all likely to be on Twitter a year from now."

Meanwhile, Twitter's revenue isn't gliding down -- it's crashing. While new Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino has brought back some big-brand advertisers, such as Disney, Microsoft, and the NBA, Twitter's ad revenue continues to collapse. Internal memos covered by the New York Times found that in the five weeks from April 1 to the first week of May 2023, Twitter's ad revenue was down 59% from the previous year.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/twitte...fferent-story/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't get is that beyond the individual user experience, data scraping and system manipulation is sort of what Twitter is for.
    Gonna be a different color checkmark for doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a different color checkmark for doing that.
    who will pay for it if the product becomes unusable for most of the users?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sure this person is an expert on Twitter advertising.

Bunch of dumb gots on the Left lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who will pay for it if the product becomes unusable for most of the users?
    Oh, I don't think anything is going to work. I really think these restrictions are a result of capacity reductions by suppliers who are getting stiffed by Elon. He's either going to shut it down or sell it to like Verizon or something.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm sure this person is an expert on Twitter advertising.

Bunch of dumb gots on the Left lmao
    Is the Elon tweet fake Qhris?

Incel heroes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    As an expert on advertising, I can tell you companies were already wary of Twitter before Elon took over because it was a ing cesspool that they didn't want their brands associated with, and impressions/clicks data couldn't be trusted because of all of the bot activity.

Elon has only made matters worse. If I'm advertising on Twitter, I want people scrolling through tweets for hours, not a few minutes because they hit their limit. And he still hasn't done about bots.

Thread Information