Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2835
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter has chosen 'confrontation' with Brussels over disinformation code of conduct
    "We believe this is a mistake of Twitter. Twitter has chosen the hard way. They chose confrontation," Jourová said.

"This was noticed very much in the Commission and I know the code is voluntary, but make no mistake, by leaving the code Twitter has attracted a lot of attention and its actions and compliance with EU law will be scrutinised vigorously and urgently."

But even if the code of conduct is voluntary, fighting disinformation will become a legal obligation under the EU's Digital Services Act (DSA), which comes into force on August 25 this year.

"If Twitter wants to operate and make money in the European market, it will have to comply with the Digital Services Act," Jourová added.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2...ode-of-conduct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tucker goes HAM

5 hours old and already 30 million views

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tucker goes HAM

"views"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your conspiracy theory here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What counts as a view, Qhris?

Explain your metric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump folds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a conspiracy theory.

I was laughing at your bragging about views.

Qhris and his views

Are you going to define your metric or are you going to fold?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris folds

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who views your Tweet counts as a view, regardless of where they see your Tweet (e.g. Home, Search, Profiles, Tweets embedded in articles, etc.) or whether or not they follow you. Even an author looking at their own Tweet counts as a view.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Imagine watching that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twucker.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Tucker goes HAM

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson texted Pfeiffer on January 4, days prior to the riot at the U.S. Capitol. He added, of Trump’s presidency, “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I hate him passionately,” Carlson texted Pfeiffer on January 4, days prior to the riot at the U.S. Capitol. He added, of Trump’s presidency, “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tweet tweet tweet in public, while er loathes him in private

----------------------------------------------
    "We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait," he texted an unidentified person.

"I hate him passionately. ... I can’t handle much more of this," he added.

---------------------------------------------------

In an email to former Fox executive Preston Padden 20 days after the election, Murdoch said he believed the network was "navigating" everything "pretty well."

"And losing tons of viewers - but not leadership yet! Just have to hold our nerve and up our game! In another month Trump will be becoming irrelevant

-----------------------------

Chris Stirewalt on Dec. 2, 2020, about a month after the election, Bill Sammon, who was then the network's managing editor, lamented the state of the place they worked.

"More than 20 minutes into our flagship evening news broadcast and we're still focused solely on supposed election fraud — a month after the election. It's remarkable how weak ratings make good journalists do bad things," Sammon said.

Stirewalt later said he believed they were "losing the silent majority of viewers as we chase the nuts off a cliff."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The whole point is Tucker lies to you about his feelings on Trump because he makes more money appealing to rubes like you. Posting this as a rebuttal just proves you'd rather be a willing rube. This is how desperate for validation you are. What a sad loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol simpletons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So qhris is anti Trump now? How does one reconcile slurping the guy that hates their orange god?

Mental gymnastics are the rights specialty though I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So qhris is anti Trump now? How does one reconcile slurping the guy that hates their orange god?

Mental gymnastics are the rights specialty though I guess
    Tucker has been forgiven by MAGA for his brief lapse from orthodoxy in a moment of anger.

What matters is that he stands firm as a bulwark against wokism, globo , and those perfidious Jews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter is being evicted from its Boulder office over unpaid rent
    Devin Coldewey@techcrunch / 7:28 PM GMT+2•June 14, 2023
    SAN FRANCISCO, CA - NOVEMBER 18: Twitter Headquarters is seen in San Francisco, California, United States on November 18, 2022. (Photo by Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

Image Credits: Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu Agency / Getty Images

Twitter owes three months’ rent to its Boulder landlord, and a judge has signed off on evicting the tech giant from its office there, court do ents show.

Since its takeover by Elon Musk, Twitter’s business has more or less fallen into disarray, and there have been numerous reports of unpaid bills. While a contractor going unpaid during a rocky transition is unfortunate but not uncommon, ceasing to pay rent altogether for months suggests Twitter’s operations may be farther gone than anyone expected.

According to court do ents and reporting by the Denver Business Journal, Lot 2 SBO LLC, the Chicago-based landlord that owns Twitter’s office at 3401 Bluff St in Boulder, was provided a $968,000 letter of credit back in February of 2020. It has been drawing on this to pay the rent in lieu of ordinary payments (the details of this arrangement are somewhat obscure), but the money ran out in March, and the company has not paid since. (If we assume rent was paid regularly from that sum, that places it at around $27,000 per month, giving a sense of the values involved here.)

In May the landlord took it to court, and on May 31 the judge issued an order that the sheriff should assist in the eviction of Twitter within the next 49 days — i.e. before the end of July. The case number is 2023CV30342 in Boulder District Court.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/14/tw...er-unpaid-rent

Twitter stiffed Boulder office cleaners out of $94K, firm says
    Avalanche Commercial Cleaning, of Boulder, sued Twitter on Thursday in Boulder County District Court as it tries to collect $93,504 from the $20 billion company

Twitter Inc., the social media giant that was evicted from its Boulder office in December, is now accused of stiffing the office’s cleaning company on the way out.

Avalanche Commercial Cleaning, of Boulder, sued Twitter on Thursday in Boulder County District Court as it tries to collect $93,504 from the $20 billion company.

Avalanche said it was hired by Twitter in mid-2015 and kept 1301 Walnut St. clean from then until Dec. 19, 2022, when Twitter terminated its contract and asked Avalanche to send an invoice for the cleaning it had done in October, November and December.

Avalanche said it sent that invoice but Twitter never paid it. So, it’s suing.

An email requesting comment from Twitter’s public relations department was not answered. Instead, the department auto-replied to the email with a smiling poop emoji — the company’s standard response to media inquiries since March.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/05/2...fice-cleaners/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter stiffs Google

Twitter has refused to pay its Google Cloud bills as its contract comes up for renewal this month, Platformer has learned, leading to a high-stakes conflict between the companies that could result in Twitter’s trust and safety teams being crippled.

While Twitter hosts some services on its own servers, the company has long contracted with Google and Amazon to complement its infrastructure. Prior to Musk buying Twitter last year, the company signed a multi-year contract with Google to host services related to fighting spam, removing child sexual abuse material, and protecting accounts, among other things.

Twitter has been trying to renegotiate its contract with Google since at least March, the Information reported that month. It had also delayed payments to Amazon Web Services, leading the company to threaten withholding advertising payments.
    https://www.platformer.news/p/twitter-stiffs-google

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter’s Lawyers Admit They’re Overwhelmed As Nearly 2000 Laid Off Employees File Arbitration Claims

Now, as you well know, in the last few months, Elon Musk has laid off a huge percentage of Twitter’s former employees. When he took over the company it had around 7,500 employees. Within a month that number was closer to 2,500. The most recent report I’ve seen is that the company is down to around 1,000 employees. So, approximately 6,500 employees are gone.

Another important point: part of the purchase agreement that Musk signed (but apparently did not read very carefully, given his hilariously inept attempt to get out of it) was that employees under Musk’s ownership would get “substantially comparable benefits” to what they had under the old company, including severance payments:

Parent shall, or shall cause the Surviving Corporation or any of their Affiliates to, provide for each Continuing Employee (i) at least the same base salary and wage rate, (ii) short- and long-term target incentive compensation opportunities that are no less favorable in the aggregate than those provided to each such Continuing Employee immediately prior to the Effective Time (provided that Parent shall not be obligated to provide such incentives in the form of equity or equity-based awards) and (iii) employee benefits (excluding equity and equity-based awards) which are substantially comparable in the aggregate (including with respect to the proportion of employee cost) to those provided to such Continuing Employee immediately prior to the Effective Time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, during the Continuation Period, Parent shall provide, or shall cause the Surviving Corporation or any of their Affiliates to provide severance payments and benefits to each Continuing Employee whose employment is terminated during such period that are no less favorable than those applicable to the Continuing Employee immediately prior to the Effective Time under the Company Benefit Plans.

Of course, for a while, Musk, who verbally promised three months severance (which was below what the company had previously offered, and really only one month, since the first two months were required by the WARN Act, and were actually just continuing salary, since he had to give 60 days of notice for a layoff) refused to provide employees with any severance do entation. Then, when the do entation finally came, it was way less than they expected. They also included gag orders and giving up legal rights.

Many employees chose to fight this, including suing the company. But, those old pesky arbitration clauses meant that some of the lawsuits were dismissed, with the judge telling employees they had to go to arbitration, instead.

It turns out that many of them did.

1,986 former Twitter employees have filed arbitration claims.

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/06/16/...ration-claims/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE SPEECH*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally, a safe space for persecuted straight dudes, this has been so lacking...

Thread Information