Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Though there is no evidence that Mrs Clinton herself directed the alleged Sussmann smear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotheem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge spares Clinton camp in Sussmann ruling

The decision issued Saturday afternoon limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

A federal judge has turned down a request from Special Counsel John Durham for a ruling that a lawyer facing trial on a false statement charge was part of a wide-ranging “joint venture” involving Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Democratic operatives, private investigation firm Fusion GPS and various technology researchers.

The decision issued Saturday afternoon by U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...uling-00030887

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Judge spares Clinton camp in Sussmann ruling

The decision issued Saturday afternoon limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

A federal judge has turned down a request from Special Counsel John Durham for a ruling that a lawyer facing trial on a false statement charge was part of a wide-ranging “joint venture” involving Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, Democratic operatives, private investigation firm Fusion GPS and various technology researchers.

The decision issued Saturday afternoon by U.S. District Court Judge Christopher Cooper limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...uling-00030887
    What’s your point of posting this? The ruling hasn’t spared the Clinton campaign from being linked to the hoax.

Durham’s team just got Clinton’s campaign manager to testify Clinton approved the Alfa Bank hoax and also got her tweet introduced as evidence at the trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s your point of posting this? The ruling hasn’t spared the Clinton campaign from being linked to the hoax.

Durham’s team just got Clinton’s campaign manager to testify Clinton approved the Alfa Bank hoax and also got her tweet introduced as evidence at the trial.
    I'm posting what the judge on the trial you're referring to said about the link of Sussman and the Clinton campaign. It's 100% relevant to the trial discussion.

And no, what he got the manager to testify is that Hillary (who is not at trial here), agreed to share that with a reporter. That, in and of itself, is not evidence the campaign (which is also not at trial here) 'approved the Alfa Bank hoax'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm posting what the judge on the trial you're referring to said about the link of Sussman and the Clinton campaign. It's 100% relevant to the trial discussion.

And no, what he got the manager to testify is that Hillary (who is not at trial here), agreed to share that with a reporter. That, in and of itself, is not evidence the campaign (which is also not at trial here) 'approved the Alfa Bank hoax'.
    Poor tsa and qchrisy, waiting and sitting patiently in the FBI briefing room, waiting for that Wednesday boom meeting on the clintons that never materialized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even like Shillary any more than they do, tbh... didn't vote for her, hated she ran... I'm also on the record that the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia...

But, there's a reason Shillary and her campaign are not on trial here. That's something the judge was very pointed about to Durham and his team, especially when trying to introduce evidence in this trial.

The judge was very clear on this:

“The Court will exercise its discretion not to engage in the kind of extensive evidentiary analysis that would be required to find that such a joint venture existed, and who may have joined it,” wrote Cooper, an appointee of former President Barack Obama. “While the Special Counsel has proffered some evidence of a collective effort to disseminate the purported link between Trump and Alfa Bank to the press and others, the contours of this venture and its participants are not entirely obvious.”

The problem is that's exactly what MAGA s are looking for (see tweets above).

It very well could be that Durham has concrete evidence, but if that's the case, Shillary and her campaign would be on trial here, yet they're not (yet anyways).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even like Shillary any more than they do, tbh... didn't vote for her, hated she ran... I'm also on the record that the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia...

But, there's a reason Shillary and her campaign are not on trial here. That's something the judge was very pointed about to Durham and his team, especially when trying to introduce evidence in this trial.

The judge was very clear on this:

“The Court will exercise its discretion not to engage in the kind of extensive evidentiary analysis that would be required to find that such a joint venture existed, and who may have joined it,” wrote Cooper, an appointee of former President Barack Obama. “While the Special Counsel has proffered some evidence of a collective effort to disseminate the purported link between Trump and Alfa Bank to the press and others, the contours of this venture and its participants are not entirely obvious.”

The problem is that's exactly what MAGA s are looking for (see tweets above).

It very well could be that Durham has concrete evidence, but if that's the case, Shillary and her campaign would be on trial here, yet they're not (yet anyways).
    Certain elites will never be on trial. They have enough pawns around them to avoid it. This is the USA by design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ed around and found out. Overpaying for twitter and tesla stocks drop 10% this Friday and 35% drop in value since he tried buying twitter! The deal looks DOA.

Tesla’s stock price plummets as Twitter deal hangs in the balance.

Tesla’s stock — and Elon Musk’s wealth — took a huge hit Friday, continuing a downward spiral and possibly imperiling the billionaire’s deal to buy Twitter.

Shares of the electric car company, from which much of Musk’s wealth comes, sank more than 10 percent during trading Friday, falling at one point to about $636 per share. That’s about a 35 percent drop from its price on the day Musk’s deal to buy Twitter was announced.

The downturn of Tesla’s stock could have more than just a superficial impact on Musk’s wealth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ice-plummeting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certain elites will never be on trial. They have enough pawns around them to avoid it. This is the USA by design.
    I don't agree. I think if you have irrefutable evidence, then you can put them on trial, or you could at least indict them, then cut a deal (ie: Epstein), etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't agree. I think if you have irrefutable evidence, then you can put them on trial, or you could at least indict them, then cut a deal (ie: Epstein), etc.
    Epstein didn't go to trial. Even Nixon didn't go to trial. Epstein was a wealthy pawn. Those who used his services are the elites who didn't go to trial.
    Last edited by DMC; 05-21-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goalpost moved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epstein didn't go to trial. Even Nixon didn't go to trial. Epstein was a wealthy pawn. Those who used his services are the elites who didn't go to trial.
    Epstein was indicted. Nixon appeared in a draft indictment from the grand jury as a co-conspirator. Clinton cut a deal hours before being formally indicted for the blowjob-gate.

Point is, if you have the evidence you have the leverage, and even if it's cutting a deal, it always involves something that's very public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epstein was indicted. Nixon appeared in a draft indictment from the grand jury as a co-conspirator. Clinton cut a deal hours before being formally indicted for the blowjob-gate.

Point is, if you have the evidence you have the leverage, and even if it's cutting a deal, it always involves something that's very public.
    They'll not go to trial.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goalpost moved again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll not go to trial.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon went right as soon as Tesla workers started talking about unionizing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musk challenges 'liar' who accused him of sexual misconduct to describe private parts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musk challenges 'liar' who accused him of sexual misconduct to describe private parts
    "I feel it wasn't as much a movie as an essay of Stern in his life struggle to climb the entertainment ladder, and though it was interesting and funny, I'd hardly call it notable"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird hown legal culpability is all that counts for DMC. Ethical and moral consideration goes out the window, all that counts is strictly legal culpability

Rather a narrow ambit for wrongdoing, it's weird that only legal responsibility matters to some people. Politics is wider than that, for better and for worse.

DMC holds.a shield for the worse, for some reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musk's idea of "free speech" is anything that doesn't break laws.

So bad faith, lying, disinformation, slander, etc are all OK

but I bet anything of that directed at him and Tesla will be removed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media (and the government) loved Trump until he ran for POTUS as a Republican. They're doing the same thing to Musk. They all loved Musk when he was the king of electric cars...savior of the planet. Now, he's being "Trumped."

Thread Information