Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich's record over the last 3 years is 99-126 and he missed the playoffs all 3 years. Even you Popo apologists cant hide from that ugly truth,,,,the dude is overrated and exposed and will never make the playoffs again.
    That is a 36 win pace for a team that many each year picked to be at or near the bottom of the west. He’s overachieved with this roster, and it’ll only get better as the investments in the future start paying off. Cap room plus three first round picks plus core getting a year older.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greaaaat...

We'll probably see the same headline next year as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL a bunch of idiots who pretended to be Spurs fans throwing a franchise legend under the bus because they find Trumps racism, rants, and constant whining and victimhood emotionally fulfilling. So pathetic to choose a lying piece of who tried to ignore the election results and overthrow our government over the greatest coach this franchise ever had or likely will ever have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will move Pop out until he decides he wants out, unless he has a stoke yelling at a rookie. He takes a long vacation after that, then he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardy? I don’t know. These successor articles come out every year and have been wrong every time. I guess it’s possible. I eas expecting something more woke, so to speak.
    I've been on record for 2 years I wanted Ime first, then Will.

Ime is showing what he can do in less than a year compared to Brad Stevens. I'm hopeful Will is cut from the same cloth with all the positive aspects of Pop with fewer of his old school stuff, like not playing rookies much or at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL a bunch of idiots who pretended to be Spurs fans throwing a franchise legend under the bus because they find Trumps racism, rants, and constant whining and victimhood emotionally fulfilling. So pathetic to choose a lying piece of who tried to ignore the election results and overthrow our government over the greatest coach this franchise ever had or likely will ever have.
    MAGA has no bottom. Human trash, one and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greaaaat...

We'll probably see the same headline next year as well.
    Stein, like it's some deep insider revelation.

Pop will keep going at least 4 more years imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise at all. Ill be shocked if he is extended but pop was always playing out that 3 year deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will only leave if he is fired....so yeah he ain't ever leaving.

He's in a job where Managment and local media will not dare question and hold him accountable for anything so I don't blame him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has the Spurs stuck in groundhog day as a sub .500 team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Pop critic, but had no problem with his coaching this season. I ain't mad if he's back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Pop hasn’t been super sharp with his in game coaching for a while, he’s actually been damn good at developing young players, which is ultimately the most important thing for a small market rebuilding team. Almost everyone on the roster has improved and the ones who stalled were trade fodder at the deadline - White and Walker. It shows they were actively evaluating the roster throughout the year and will perhaps continue to be very aggressive with reshaping it considering the picks and cap flexibility.

Spurs, like most other teams, have no clear path to contending for a le in the next 3-5 years but they’re doing well walking the line between developing, gathering assets and constantly re-evaluating what they have.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you constantly have ty antagonist takes. He’s “milking” it now? That’s a dumb ing leap of bull .

Todays style of coaches for the most part are failing left and right. Players lacking accountability and a sense of team. Meanwhile Pop has taken a subpar squad nearly into the playoffs while playing team ball.

Not to say I’m not open to change but I 100% believe that most “modern” none antiquated coaches like you’re suggesting wouldn’t have this team playing any better.
    Umm no he didn’t. This Spurs team sucks ass and it’s because of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was terrible during the DDR era but this year he seemed to turn it around a tad atleast. Without Pop this team would have been bottom 3 for sure, I actually could see us finally bottoming out when the new coach takes the reigns and we can hopefully get a top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously can’t see what’s going on. Can I get you a booster seat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of really ty takes in here.

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of really ty takes in here.
    Seriously, this is an absolutely terrible thread. Every team the league with the exception of maybe clippers, heat and Toronto would dump their coach and hire pop in a minute if he was available. Idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the haters, bring the GOAT back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if anyone is following the Bobcats but Willie Green is looking to be an exceptional coach particular in his personal convictions. San Antonio would be lucky to find a former player with the similar vein as Green. Could be Udoka as a first thought. He strikes me a humble, team first coach who can adapt to the new playing styles. The other pop tree guys probably are unattainable due to having foundational players with very long shelf lives- Bud, Snyder, Monty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if anyone is following the Bobcats but Willie Green is looking to be an exceptional coach particular in his personal convictions. San Antonio would be lucky to find a former player with the similar vein as Green. Could be Udoka as a first thought. He strikes me a humble, team first coach who can adapt to the new playing styles. The other pop tree guys probably are unattainable due to having foundational players with very long shelf lives- Bud, Snyder, Monty.
    Udoka has a MUCH better chair. It feels like PATFO dropped the ball on succession planning unless they poach someone from his tutelage who wants to return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, don't really care if he stays or goes. Team is lacking talent/depth to do anything. Coaching change isnt going to make the team any better. If anything, probably worse.

Only place I can fault having Pop around at this point is that he delayed the rebuilding process when quitter screwed us over and the subsequent years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borrego is now available...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snyder could be available quicker than you think if they go out in the first round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borrego is now available...
    And so is Jay Wright if he only retired from college

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borrego replaces Becky for 1-3 seasons and then shifts into Head Coach?

Thread Information