My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprise surprise

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the last time the Spurs confuse shyness with humility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you Nephew / Uncle Dennis defenders GET IN HERE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just when you thought he might finally wipe his own ass, a step back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who that reporter is. It wouldn't be surprising if the Clips were annoyed with Leonard, but I also would assume they gave him that new contract fully understanding he wouldn't be available this season. Feels like a reporter throwing against the wall that seems plausible and hoping it'll stick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought big dog was in the gym working hard to get back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As anybody asked Uncle Dennis what he thinks?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's this playoffs ? Minnesota is the one in the playoffs. LA still has to beat the Pelicans to get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who that reporter is. It wouldn't be surprising if the Clips were annoyed with Leonard, but I also would assume they gave him that new contract fully understanding he wouldn't be available this season. Feels like a reporter throwing against the wall that seems plausible and hoping it'll stick
    Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident, but we have ALL seen this movie before and know how it ends.

Kawhi has to be one of the softest "superstars" in the modern NBA era, and it's actually making the Spurs look better since other teams are now having to deal with his "load management" bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's this playoffs ? Minnesota is the one in the playoffs. LA still has to beat the Pelicans to get in.
    Speaking of which:

LOL yeah, the Clippers are ing done so this is a moot point anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips are cooked without either PG or Kawhi. Clippers fans starting understand the frustration of having to deal with nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident,
    It IS an isolated incident. A chode popping up and saying "Kawhi's doing the LAC what he did to SAS," does not instantly get credibility any more than it would be if one of us had just pulling it out of our asses. Kawhi with a damaged right thigh torn a ligament in his right knee. He was not going to come back and play. It's not reasonable to have assumed he would. LAC signed him to a contract knowing that. But do you know who doesn't care about being reasonable? Fans and reporters who cater to them. They know that they can just throw like this out there, and people who don't like Kawhi because of what he did to SA are going to lap it up. It's extremely unlikely that something like this could be disproved to, which just makes it better.

I don't believe the report, because I don't think it makes sense. It wouldn't be shocking if some truth were in there somewhere, but I also think Spurs fans should avoid being such easy marks for folks like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it is.

What will be his next demand? You already went to your favorite city, . What else is there to hold out for? You've literally held out for all the things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, Kawhi, if you're healed, toughen the up and get ready to go.

TD would have played in the 2000 playoffs if Pop let him. TD also had a badly sprained ankle towards the end of the 2005 season and had to sit out games. I was worried he wouldn't play in the playoffs (I was able to see a picture of it on Spursreport that someone posted and it looked really, really bad), but come game 1 against the Nuggets, he was ready to go, and not only that, he played great in the series considering he had to go up against two good big man defenders in Nene and Marcus Camby.

I know Kawhi's injury isn't the same, but he's had quite a bit of time to heal and I'd say it's pretty close to the amount of time where it's fully healed. If he's been training/working out, why couldn't he actually make a serious effort to come back? He got paid his big contract. If he's cleared medically, I just don't think he wants it enough. You think Jordan would have sat out a playoffs if he could play?

Also, I was a Paul George fan before he went to OKC and the year he broke his leg, he came back at the end of the season to prove to himself and others that he can still play. I always respected him coming back at the end of that season even though they didn't really have a chance to do anything in the playoffs, at least he wanted to prove to himself that he wasn't going let that injury stop his career. He could have sat out that whole season and come back the following year, but he chose not to. Kawhi will take any time off these days.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-15-2022 at 02:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol PG went fishing as soon as he found out Leonard was playing games with his return timeline.

PG shouldn't waste tread on the tires for a pointless endeavor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol PG went fishing as soon as he found out Leonard was playing games with his return timeline.

PG shouldn't waste tread on the tires for a pointless endeavor.
    I don't think it was PG's choice to miss the game.

However, with him out, and if Kawhi's teammates think Kawhi's been screwing around with them on his return, I wouldn't be surprised if they give up before the game has started. If Kawhi was serious about a return, I'm sure they'd give it all they got, but if this story is true, then I can easily see them giving up with PG out.

How long are the Covid protocols for now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this ing guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their first goes to OKC from the PG trade too. Another lottery selection for OKC seems likely after the PG H&S news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook to the Clips for Nephew? There is always a team that bails out the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude wants to get paid with working. It's the modern American way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you Nephew / Uncle Dennis defenders GET IN HERE!
    Think there were 2, and 1l of those guys hasn't posted in a long long time. And 2 others that liked to just point and laugh. And then fans of other teams. Pretty small universe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As anybody asked Uncle Dennis what he thinks?
    Meh, he shut up once he got his kickback from Balmer the way he wanted here.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report could be false, but it's not like the Clippers are happy that he isn't playing. I'm sure they're frustrated that they put everything on the table for someone who isn't healthy, and yes, he already has a history of alienating his teammates in LA with his particular habits and requests, unless we think those reports were false too. But I don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His team is trying to prolong his career to get the gravy train as far as possible. He’ll probably have a setback just as the preseason starts and he’ll skip two months. I think this is a lot of smoke tho. He shouldn’t be coming back this year and the Clippers are dumb if they are pushing. I think Nephew got maybe three good years left and everyone knows it.

Thread Information