Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2078
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    these swings are wild ... and not just the suns series either

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    chris paul due a fantastic next game like when he shot 14 for 14 against the pelicans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul seemed to be rubbing his shooting hand pretty seriously at the end there...

Doncic plus a bunch of role players pull series even against a high scoring all star, a future HOFer, a #1 pick, and a DPOY finalist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul looking Uber washed when he’s not allowed to play dirty. I wonder if this is his last chance at a ring?
    This is the first playoffs where he actually looks old to me. He's like good every other game but can't consistently string a bunch of a good games.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul seemed to be rubbing his shooting hand pretty seriously at the end there...

Doncic plus a bunch of role players pull series even against a high scoring all star, a future HOFer, a #1 pick, and a DPOY finalist.

would have been pretty funny if he got injured by Crowder throwing Ntilikina into him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antother thing to make PHX look even more pathetic is that Dallas is playing without their second/third best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the time of the year when Chris Paul gets 'injured' and starts limping around the court, especially if they start game 7 badly.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the problem is that Dallas role players play great at home. Today 10 more threes than PHX... i dont see that happening on the road.

But all in all, this series did surprise me. Its pretty pathetic for Suns to go into game 7.
    Luka has to keep Jalen involved early and often. that's the difference. the offense flows so much better when he's involved, he engages the role players very well in ways that Luka doesnt

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you can say monty deserved CotY for the RS but i’m not that high on him tbh.

i think he’d make a great assistant coach. i think the suns should fire him even if they manage to win it all

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i’m liking luka less with all his constant complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i’m liking luka less with all his constant complaining.
    asshole luka is the best luka.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    asshole luka is the best luka.
    that's actually true

i hate the whiny-ness though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's actually true

i hate the whiny-ness though.
    even as his countryman, i also dont like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember this team tanked. One of the worst winning % of all time. Longest loosing steak of all time. They never gotten to the ECF.
    BUT BUT BUT SpursTalk told me all the Spurs need to do is tank for a year or two, get some top 5 picks and we'd be back on top of the mountain!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the first playoffs where he actually looks old to me. He's like good every other game but can't consistently string a bunch of a good games.
    He's been extremely hit or miss. He's had games where he completely takes over in the 4th, puts up like 15 points on 7/7 shooting and looks like he unlocked the cheat code.

Then he's had other games where he has 7 turnovers in the first half, or fouls out early in the 4th quarter which seems crazy for a point guard as smart as he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been extremely hit or miss. He's had games where he completely takes over in the 4th, puts up like 15 points on 7/7 shooting and looks like he unlocked the cheat code.

Then he's had other games where he has 7 turnovers in the first half, or fouls out early in the 4th quarter which seems crazy for a point guard as smart as he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Doc Rivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what Dallas is doing. They are attacking Chris Paul defensively. Chris Paul has old legs and he is having to fight through screens, he is having to switch on Luka in the post, he’s having Brunson post him up. They’re doing a lot of what the 04 Pistons used to do to teams which just wears them out physically. And it’s leading to cheap fouls and bad plays and turnovers from Chris Paul. You just don’t play the same with dead legs. Smart coaching by Kidd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what Dallas is doing. They are attacking Chris Paul defensively. Chris Paul has old legs and he is having to fight through screens, he is having to switch on Luka in the post, he’s having Brunson post him up. They’re doing a lot of what the 04 Pistons used to do to teams which just wears them out physically. And it’s leading to cheap fouls and bad plays and turnovers from Chris Paul. You just don’t play the same with dead legs. Smart coaching by Kidd
    It would pretty impressive for the Mavs to get the WCF solely on Lukas back but also crazy how poor the West has become. Even more troubling is we are literally in the conversation of the worst of the worst despite a very even playing field in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would pretty impressive for the Mavs to get the WCF solely on Lukas back but also crazy how poor the West has become. Even more troubling is we are literally in the conversation of the worst of the worst despite a very even playing field in the West.
    I mean ATL made the ECFs last year. Stuff happens in the playoffs and it’s why it’s so exciting. Luka is a bad matchup for literally every team. He’s just unguardable. Kawhi can’t check him. PG can’t check him. Bridges can’t check him. Even if you play dirty and try to push him around like Crowder or Morris that doesn’t work bc Luka is a very physical player offensively. He shoots waaay too many step back 3s but when he doesn’t do that and just decides to play fierce he s people up in the post and in the paint.

I know everybody makes fun of his weight. There’s a dude here who calls him Luka Donut. But when you just have a legit 6 foot 7 guy who is bigger than his defenders and plays slow and methodical and can dirty it up on the paint, by posting up smaller defenders and just makes physical power moves against them. AND has his handles and pic n roll ability, vision and passing where you can’t guard him with people bigger or his own size, you just get worn out both physically and mentally. The Suns just weren’t prepared for that type of play. It’s a mix of 90s ball and Todays NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I don’t get when hearing the west has become poor. If it is poor then why aren’t the Spurs in the playoffs? It’s only that the younger teams are starting to break through. Would be the perfect opportunity for the Spurs but they can’t seize it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean ATL made the ECFs last year. Stuff happens in the playoffs and it’s why it’s so exciting. Luka is a bad matchup for literally every team. He’s just unguardable. Kawhi can’t check him. PG can’t check him. Bridges can’t check him. Even if you play dirty and try to push him around like Crowder or Morris that doesn’t work bc Luka is a very physical player offensively. He shoots waaay too many step back 3s but when he doesn’t do that and just decides to play fierce he s people up in the post and in the paint.

I know everybody makes fun of his weight. There’s a dude here who calls him Luka Donut. But when you just have a legit 6 foot 7 guy who is bigger than his defenders and plays slow and methodical and can dirty it up on the paint, by posting up smaller defenders and just makes physical power moves against them. AND has his handles and pic n roll ability, vision and passing where you can’t guard him with people bigger or his own size, you just get worn out both physically and mentally. The Suns just weren’t prepared for that type of play. It’s a mix of 90s ball and Todays NBA
    He is an incredible talent for sure but his supporting cast is pretty poor so it’s quite remarkable. We don’t even have a single player who you can count on to take over one game let alone a series.

In my opinion Luka doesn’t need to lose weight but needs to start hammering weights LBJ style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas making it to game 7 is already very impressive. I dont think they have what it takes to get to the finals and i also dont believe in Dallas role players to step up in PHX, so the Mavs will most likely lose. But for the next season, Dallas needs to get a center and just that will make them much better, cause they are basically playing without one right now. I'm pretty sure they'll do everything to get Myles Turner, who would be a huge improvement over Powell. And Luka does have to get into the season in better shape. I dont know if he needs to lose lots of weight, but he needs to work on conditioning, cause the guy is done in the 4th if he has to play 40 min. It will help that he has the Euros, so I guess that will keep him in shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I don’t get when hearing the west has become poor. If it is poor then why aren’t the Spurs in the playoffs? It’s only that the younger teams are starting to break through. Would be the perfect opportunity for the Spurs but they can’t seize it.
    the west is not really that poor. phoenix, memphis, golden state and dallas are all solid teams. denver has the two-time defending MVP and a roster that dealt with severe injuries this season, the t-wolves and pelicans are up and coming teams. this leaves that 8th spot as up for grabs. utah is on the decline, the lakers are a mess but if AD and Lebron can stay healthy they can contend for a playoff spot. where the spurs fit in is debatable because so many of the bottom feeders were deliberately tanking. and no, in a time where the spurs owner is having to put out an instagram post stating that he is keeping the spurs in town, the last thing the spurs need to do is intentionally tank. so the best bet for the spurs is to continue to do what they are doing now: compete, develop, create cap flexibility and amass draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the west is not really that poor. phoenix, memphis, golden state and dallas are all solid teams. denver has the two-time defending MVP and a roster that dealt with severe injuries this season, the t-wolves and pelicans are up and coming teams. this leaves that 8th spot as up for grabs. utah is on the decline, the lakers are a mess but if AD and Lebron can stay healthy they can contend for a playoff spot. where the spurs fit in is debatable because so many of the bottom feeders were deliberately tanking. and no, in a time where the spurs owner is having to put out an instagram post stating that he is keeping the spurs in town, the last thing the spurs need to do is intentionally tank. so the best bet for the spurs is to continue to do what they are doing now: compete, develop, create cap flexibility and amass draft picks.
    You forgot the Clippers who if healthy are easily a top 3 team. West was weak this year mostly due to injuries but still should be wide open next year for all the teams you mentioned.

Our youth compared to other teams is bad though. Only a homer would argue otherwise.

Thread Information