Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2078
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're too far apart. The distance between Dallas and Ft. Worth is 32 miles. They could even pick up each other's TV stations back in the day. The distance between SA and Austin is 79.5 Miles. It's just not one market, and won't be.
    Not to mention driving I-35 between San Antonio and Austin in the early evening being a nightmare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're too far apart. The distance between Dallas and Ft. Worth is 32 miles. They could even pick up each other's TV stations back in the day. The distance between SA and Austin is 79.5 Miles. It's just not one market, and won't be.
    There are other shared markets out there with close to or even larger distances between their cities. San Fran is 50 miles from San Jose (same market, along with Oakland), Orlando to Daytona is 56 miles and Orlando is 71 miles from Melbourne, Sacramento is 49 miles to Stockton and 75 miles to Modesto, Greenville, SC is 34 miles from Spartanburg and 63 miles from Asheville and Santa Barbara is 95 miles from San Luis Obispo. Austin and SA are likely to become a freight alley, the I-35 corridor between the two cities is shrinking as San Marcos and New Braunfels (as well as Cibolo, Buda and Kyle are some of the fastest growing ares in the country). There are other reasons why the markets may never merge but I don't think that distance is one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention driving I-35 between San Antonio and Austin in the early evening being a nightmare.
    more and more people that work in Austin are deciding to live in SA due to the incredibly expensive housing in the former. I look for Seguin to start growing quickly in the next decade as well-for the same reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more and more people that work in Austin are deciding to live in SA due to the incredibly expensive housing in the former. I look for Seguin to start growing quickly in the next decade as well-for the same reason.
    Yup. You can pretty much hop on the toll road like a few miles east of Seguin off of I10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's talking about TV rights? I dont live in Austin so i dont know if Spurs games are carried locally (or if people have to buy league pass). If not, I wonder if part of the play here is to get local rights in Austin, which would probably help grow the fanbase more than moving the stadium ever would (at least in the short run).

As an example, I live on the Maryland side of DC. Even though its about equidistant for me to go to Baltimore to see the Ravens as it is to see the Redskins/Commanders games, NFL blacks out the former in my region from the local feeds (and viceversa), and I think baseball is the same between Natz and Os (dont know for certain bc i dont watch baseball on TV). Meanwhile on the Virginia side of DC, I think Redskins and Natz are local at least all the way down tot Richmond. Those guys are hardcore skins fans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's talking about TV rights? I dont live in Austin so i dont know if Spurs games are carried locally (or if people have to buy league pass). If not, I wonder if part of the play here is to get local rights in Austin, which would probably help grow the fanbase more than moving the stadium ever would (at least in the short run).

As an example, I live on the Maryland side of DC. Even though its about equidistant for me to go to Baltimore to see the Ravens as it is to see the Redskins/Commanders games, NFL blacks out the former in my region from the local feeds (and viceversa), and I think baseball is the same between Natz and Os (dont know for certain bc i dont watch baseball on TV). Meanwhile on the Virginia side of DC, I think Redskins and Natz are local at least all the way down tot Richmond. Those guys are hardcore skins fans.
    I watch all Spurs games - most on the Bally sports thing (Directv) - and some on the local CW/KBVO? local affiliate…

and there is also the Austin Spurs- that I believe garner decent support

I am pretty confident that if Austin feels like the spurs are also “theirs” they would support it as fiercely as their longhorns-

IF the local media buys in…big IF tho’

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think you're spot on here. This is exactly what has been happening. I really hope the Celtics can stay consistent for enough games to close out the series. I just feel they could have won/made some of those previous series a lot easier on themselves.

I never used to hate the Celtics at all when I was a kid. In the 90s I used to see that the 80s were ruled by the Lakers and Celtics and for whatever reason I gravitated towards the Celtics when it came to a choice between the two teams. I grew up with the Reggie Lewis Celtics. Never saw the 80s version as I was too young. I also read about Len Bias in the 90s and it's such a shame that Reggie Lewis couldn't have had Len Bias to play with as I think that combination could have been up there with Jordan and Pippen. The Celtics could have had a great run in the 90s if those two guys didn't die. Wow, now that I think about, I may never have become a Spurs fan if Len Bias and Reggie Lewis were both alive and competing for championships, I may have stuck with the Celtics.
    I lived in Boston until I was 11. I missed out on all the 80's team when I was growing up and caught the last season of Reggie Lewis being on the Celtics. The Celtics were never elite when I was a kid so I never became a fan of them. I was a bulls fan first and then when MJ retired the first time I became a Spurs fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even early in their 'dynasty,' they had horrible team chemistry. They depended on Draymond to get them going and he did this by picking fights. There's either a rotten core or a nothing core, so they have to get mopey and feel disrespected and pouty in order to cohere as a group. When they run downhill, they're great. When they struggle, they get whiney. Thing is, they rarely struggled because the refs protected them/overlooked flagrant abuses of the rules, and the biggest beta move in sports history happened when Durant signed with them.
    There was the series with the Clippers way back in '14 that had a profound effect on them. That was the series where Sterling got into that racist audio tapes scandal. I didn't pay much attention to that series back then but remember watching game 7. Throughout the series the Clippers tried to bully the Warriors but the Warriors fought back standing up to them. Even after they lost game 7 I recall reading about how some Warriors ran to the Clippers locker room to confront them but it was just them cursing and yelling back and forth at them.

That was also the series where Draymond made a name for himself. He had a good series averaging 11-8 against prime Blake and Jordan which was a lot higher than his regular season average of 6-5. He also stood up to the Clippers bullying which earned him respect among his teammates and lead him to becoming the leader of the team the next season. Warriors as a whole then transformed and became a bunch of arrogant bags.

I also agree that the Warriors have lucked out that they have never really been challenged when fully healthy outside of 2016. Like you said they lucked out the other years when they were on the ropes due to injuries from the opposition bailing them out and getting Durant. I always believed they would have fallen apart against the Spurs in '17 if Kawhi is not taken out by Zaza. Warriors just strike me as a bunch that will mentally fold if they have to face a healthy opponent that pushes them to their limits. They don't have the toughness for example '05 Spurs team had when dealing with the Pistons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Kerr is a Spurs guy, but I’m just waiting for him to whine about something this series too
    I'm thankful for Kerr's game 6 in '03 WCF and him hitting some big shots in the '03 Finals but I don't consider him a Spurs guy. He's more like a disciple of Phil Jackson with his media manipulation tactics. That is something Pop never did but Phil used those same tactics all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thankful for Kerr's game 6 in '03 WCF and him hitting some big shots in the '03 Finals but I don't consider him a Spurs guy. He's more like a disciple of Phil Jackson with his media manipulation tactics. That is something Pop never did but Phil used those same tactics all the time.
    he has stated multiple times most of his philosophy is from phil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i've read from kerr is that he uses the general premise of the triangle offense in making sure everyone touches the ball but that he relies on many of the pistol plays from pop's sets. as to philosophy kerr has said: “I did think that I would get into coaching while I was playing, I thought that someday I would coach. I would say that the two coaches who have influenced me the most with what I do in Golden State every day at practice, with our team are Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has stated multiple times most of his philosophy is from phil
    Whatever got job on a dynastic team as a pretty boy hire (eg Nash) and is a mediocre coach at best

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again -

I find it hard to believe that there is a snowball's chance in that the refs allow the Dubs to return to SF with a 3-1 deficit in the series...

just cannot see it happening...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Yep i look for MVP WarriorRef to be the biggest influence tonight.

Rejoice if i am wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum is such a momentum killer with his Kobme b.s.

Offensive foul turnover 12-6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warrior ref rising up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics missing makeable shots.
    Danny White looks like fraidy cat.

WarriorRef burning Robert Williams out of the good offensive rebound with the obvious Wiggins hack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Warriors would get absolutely wrecked by a very good team. The Celtics are probably good enough to beat them as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Warriors would get absolutely wrecked by a very good team. The Celtics are probably good enough to beat them as it is.
    Agree.
    Sad to see them abandon the Beautiful Game Light and go with iso b.s.
    Enough shots have fallen to have the lead, but the near misses and idiotic turnovers from not looking initially to pass is sad.
    Ime got any chops or is he gonna sit and get played by Kerr.

Reffing, while in favor of Warriors it's not that bad. 60-40 with some stunning calls against the Golden gots.
    Should be Boston by 12+

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil steffie so pissed he cant get all those touch fouls called - like he has grown accustomed to getting

what is the world coming to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil steffie so pissed he cant get all those touch fouls called - like he has grown accustomed to getting

what is the world coming to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing of the guards

Thread Information