Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384
Results 2,076 to 2,078 of 2078
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both 4x champs, both could have taken larger roles elsewhere but choose winning. Both elite role
    players who played on great teams.

Between your signature and the comment “the gravity if Draymond Green” tells me you can’t look at this objectively?

Tony Parker was more gravitational than Green.
    Ginobili is a top 5 SG of alltime. Klay ain‘t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Ginobili as a compe or is waayyyyyy ahead of Thompson.

Don't get me wrong, Klay is an amazing shooter...probably one of the best the game has seen. You don't just put up 37 in a quarter if you aren't gifted.

Klay has also benefited from having the gravity of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and yes...Donkeyface around him his entire career. He doesn't create his own shots. He's not a play-maker. He literally just comes off screens or shoots wide-open catch-&-shoot threes.

Manu was a baller. He was a wizard with the basketball. He could shoot, he could pass, he could score at all three levels, and he could defend. And mostly...he had an unstoppable will to win. If he made a mistake on one end of the floor, he'd be trying to fix it on the other.

4x champ, the last NBA player outside the US to wear a gold medal around his neck, and left it all on the court.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, and it doesn't even include the character issues. Thompson is not in the same consideration as 1st ballot international super star Manu Ginobili. Thanks for this post Dex, because that creep makes me like basketball a little less. HOF Manu here you come sir!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL seeing Parker on that list hurts...no wonder Pop benched him for Speedy Claxton
    Haha yeah it was funny seeing him on the list but he was 20 years old and the Spurs won it all that season

Thread Information