Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2078
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knew it was coming but all I'm hearing now is Curry takes Duncan's spot in the top 10
    Duncan is not 10th in a top 10 list. The lowest he is ranked is 8th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you start down this road every champion in the past few years has an asterisk of some kind. A ring is a ring and they have 4 in 8 years. I am no their fan but have to recognize what they accomplished tonight.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan is not 10th in a top 10 list. The lowest he is ranked is 8th
    Exactly, Timmy is in no danger of being passed by anyone in the league currently.

All-NBA First Team Selections
    Duncan: 10
    Curry: 4

All-Defensive First Team Selections
    Duncan: 8
    Curry: 0

NBA Finals MVP Awards
    Duncan: 3
    Curry: 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, Timmy is in no danger of being passed by anyone in the league currently.

All-NBA First Team Selections
    Duncan: 10
    Curry: 4

All-Defensive First Team Selections
    Duncan: 8
    Curry: 0

NBA Finals MVP Awards
    Duncan: 3
    Curry: 1

its just people trying to get spurs fan riled up. Nobody with an actual functioning brain believes Steph curry is a better player then tim duncan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he won’t be better next year. With an ACL and Achilles you don’t get better you just keep declining. He will be worse than what was this year heading into next year.
    This isn’t true. This mainly applies to players who rely on athleticism. He’s one of the best shooters of all time. He’s not gonna lose what makes him good. Even if he slowly declines on defense I feel he still has the defensive IQ to make him more passable than your Duncan Robinsons of the world.. he’ll be fine. And the young players they have around him will make up for whatever he’s lacking for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn Tatum folded in front of everyones eyes.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoever has Steph over Tim is ing re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever has Curry in their top 10 is ing re ed tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even ESPN had Tim at #8 over Kobe at #10. The thing that pisses me off now is that people are discussing if the Warriors Big 3 are better than the Spurs Big 3 since both won 4 les together. That's why I was rooting for Boston. (And of course they are not cause they got 2 rings by having KD as a first option)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even ESPN had Tim at #8 over Kobe at #10. The thing that pisses me off now is that people are discussing if the Warriors Big 3 are better than the Spurs Big 3 since both won 4 les together. That's why I was rooting for Boston. (And of course they are not cause they got 2 rings by having KD as a first option)

there is no comparison but they'll try anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about that Andrew Wiggins?
    I remember when there was a lot of talk about trading for the Warriors No.1 pick and having to take Wiggins contract.
    Very interesting how he finally turned into the best version of himself this season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about that Andrew Wiggins?
    I remember when there was a lot of talk about trading for the Warriors No.1 pick and having to take Wiggins contract.
    Very interesting how he finally turned into the best version of himself this season.
    The Warriors would save a ton of luxury tax money if they could dump his contract for no salary in return. But they decided to go for the le instead and it worked.

I don't think the owners mind getting 1/24 of all that tax money Lacob and crew are spending. (I think there were 6 tax-paying teams this year)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t true. This mainly applies to players who rely on athleticism. He’s one of the best shooters of all time. He’s not gonna lose what makes him good. Even if he slowly declines on defense I feel he still has the defensive IQ to make him more passable than your Duncan Robinsons of the world.. he’ll be fine. And the young players they have around him will make up for whatever he’s lacking for the team.
    Klay's game was based on running around and getting open. Sure he wasn't a super athlete but tearing your ACL and Achilles cause you to lose a few steps and does make you slower. This in return makes it harder for Klay to get easy buckets like he used to be able to do on a regular basis.

It also effects your lift and explosion which in return affects your jump shot. This is why Klay was at times missing wide open shots, pull up shots, and contested shots that he used to hit consistently.

Klay will always be an effective player because of his great shooting and the Warriors systems helps him because he will get plenty wide-open shots but he's never going to be the player he once was prior to those injuries.

He will continue to decline from this point forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay's game was based on running around and getting open. Sure he wasn't a super athlete but tearing your ACL and Achilles cause you to lose a few steps and does make you slower. This in return makes it harder for Klay to get easy buckets like he used to be able to do on a regular basis.

It also effects your lift and explosion which in return affects your jump shot. This is why Klay was at times missing wide open shots, pull up shots, and contested shots that he used to hit consistently.

Klay will always be an effective player because of his great shooting and the Warriors systems helps him because he will get plenty wide-open shots but he's never going to be the player he once was prior to those injuries.

He will continue to decline from this point forward.
    presumably it is more realistic that he will decline from a higher plateau than he showed this year, simply from getting into the best shape he can currently achieve. then he's likely to regress over time.
    however, with Curry as your PG, having a guy with Klay's accuracy is still money. he will be open, even if he's a bit slower, simply due to Curry's gravity. and Klay remains someone who is going to be a costly error to leave open for a three.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    presumably it is more realistic that he will decline from a higher plateau than he showed this year, simply from getting into the best shape he can currently achieve. then he's likely to regress over time.
    however, with Curry as your PG, having a guy with Klay's accuracy is still money. he will be open, even if he's a bit slower, simply due to Curry's gravity. and Klay remains someone who is going to be a costly error to leave open for a three.
    At best he will be at the same level he was this year coming into next season. It's like what Rudy Gay was with the Spurs. He pretty much maintained being solid his first 2 years with the Spurs and then declined rapidly in year 3 and 4 but he was never able to be the player was before joining the Spurs. Klay will experience the same type of decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan > Curry
    Ginobili > Thompson
    Parker > Green

Their big 3 is inferior at all three levels. (Not going by position, but their #1 vs. our #1 etc.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan > Curry
    Ginobili > Thompson
    Parker > Green

Their big 3 is inferior at all three levels. (Not going by position, but their #1 vs. our #1 etc.)
    Klay and Manu are pretty equal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay and Manu are pretty equal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    c’mon man, why do you disagree?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    c’mon man, why do you disagree?
    Are you serious? Comparing a glorified role player to a go-to creator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? Comparing a glorified role player to a go-to creator.
    Yeah, Ginobili as a compe or is waayyyyyy ahead of Thompson.

Don't get me wrong, Klay is an amazing shooter...probably one of the best the game has seen. You don't just put up 37 in a quarter if you aren't gifted.

Klay has also benefited from having the gravity of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and yes...Donkeyface around him his entire career. He doesn't create his own shots. He's not a play-maker. He literally just comes off screens or shoots wide-open catch-&-shoot threes.

Manu was a baller. He was a wizard with the basketball. He could shoot, he could pass, he could score at all three levels, and he could defend. And mostly...he had an unstoppable will to win. If he made a mistake on one end of the floor, he'd be trying to fix it on the other.

4x champ, the last NBA player outside the US to wear a gold medal around his neck, and left it all on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn Tatum folded in front of everyones eyes.

LOL seeing Parker on that list hurts...no wonder Pop benched him for Speedy Claxton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Ginobili as a compe or is waayyyyyy ahead of Thompson.

Don't get me wrong, Klay is an amazing shooter...probably one of the best the game has seen. You don't just put up 37 in a quarter if you aren't gifted.

Klay has also benefited from having the gravity of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and yes...Donkeyface around him his entire career. He doesn't create his own shots. He's not a play-maker. He literally just comes off screens or shoots wide-open catch-&-shoot threes.

Manu was a baller. He was a wizard with the basketball. He could shoot, he could pass, he could score at all three levels, and he could defend. And mostly...he had an unstoppable will to win. If he made a mistake on one end of the floor, he'd be trying to fix it on the other.

4x champ, the last NBA player outside the US to wear a gold medal around his neck, and left it all on the court.

Both 4x champs, both could have taken larger roles elsewhere but choose winning. Both elite role
    players who played on great teams.

Between your signature and the comment “the gravity if Draymond Green” tells me you can’t look at this objectively?

Tony Parker was more gravitational than Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both 4x champs, both could have taken larger roles elsewhere but choose winning. Both elite role

Between your signature and the comment “the gravity if Draymond Green” tells me you can’t look at this objectively?

Ginobili was more important to the 2005 run than Thompson ever has been. He probably should have been Finals MVP that year.

, Ginobili was more important to the 2014 run than Thompson ever has been. Thompson had like...one good game in these Finals.

Yes, Manu had his faults...the foul on Dirk, the debacle of Game 6 in 2013, etc.

That said, you can't convince me that Klay Thompson had a bigger impact on his teams (or basketball in general) than Manu Ginobili.

And frankly....Klay looks like a s of himself now. I know injuries are a part of that...but that still plays into the legacy aspect. Only time will tell if he bounces back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At closet Raptors fan boy referring to Ginobili as an "elite role player".

Thread Information