Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he would have been a good player in time. No all-star but a better D-White.

We’ll never know now, or at least not until he gets past legal issues and rehabs he career a few years somewhere in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he would have been a good player in time. No all-star but a better D-White.

We’ll never know now, or at least not until he gets past legal issues and rehabs he career a few years somewhere in Europe.
    I agree wholeheartedly man.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft is a crap shoot so more wins than losses over the long term is the goal and make sure you keep your wins much bugger than your losses. Traditionally we have done that. These last 4 years we have been AVERAGE:

- Walker fell to us for a reason but made sense at the time so even 4 years later fair pick: C+
    - Luka was a reach but an acceptable risk given we had another pick in the first. I understand taking a flier and understand why we cut him so soon but still: F
    - Keldon at was a solid pick and we are lucky he fell to us: A
    - Vassel was a fair pick at 12 and still early to have a strong view: B
    - Primo, still very early but even if he becomes a solid role player 2-3 yrs out he was an absolute reach: C
    Re-evaluate these picks today.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He'll never play for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    primo's contributions to the tank of 22-23 will forever be appreciated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also contributing to helping reach the salary floor this season. They picked up his year 4 (this season) option literally days before the Minneapolis 'incident'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also contributing to helping reach the salary floor this season. They picked up his year 4 (this season) option literally days before the Minneapolis 'incident'.
    Third year option, thankfully. Fourth year would've been picked up this summer had he not flashed then fizzled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we probably woulda been a worse team if he played tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we'd still be above the floor without his cap number

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we probably woulda been a worse team if he played tbh
    Agreed. He didn't show me anything to prove he'd be any better than Lonnie Walker. Probably a non-contributor to the win total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In 54 games with the Spurs, Primo averaged 5.9 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists on 37.2 percent shooting in 19.6 minutes per game."

HOTS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In 54 games with the Spurs, Primo averaged 5.9 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists on 37.2 percent shooting in 19.6 minutes per game."

HOTS.
    Yes, I mean I don't think I root for anyone to fail at their job (except the Atlanta GM for obvious reasons), but it's hard to tell what is worse, that we drafted this guy and wasted a lottery pick or that we picked up his option when he was shooting 37.2% from the field and scored only 5.9 points. The tragedy for the Spurs organization is not that he got cut because of his behavior (although it did get them sued) and that we lost him for nothing, but rather that they reached for a guy with their lottery pick who was a dud on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I mean I don't think I root for anyone to fail at their job (except the Atlanta GM for obvious reasons), but it's hard to tell what is worse, that we drafted this guy and wasted a lottery pick or that we picked up his option when he was shooting 37.2% from the field and scored only 5.9 points. The tragedy for the Spurs organization is not that he got cut because of his behavior (although it did get them sued) and that we lost him for nothing, but rather that they reached for a guy with their lottery pick who was a dud on the court.
    He was 19 and being converted from an off ball to on ball role and despite that and a small sample size, you'd already branded him a bust on the count of certain paltry counting stats? Only in the NBA.

And before you pretend otherwise, I'm not suggesting he necessarily wouldn't have been a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 19 and being converted from an off ball to on ball role and despite that and a small sample size, you'd already branded him a bust on the count of certain paltry counting stats? Only in the NBA.

And before you pretend otherwise, I'm not suggesting he necessarily wouldn't have been a bust.
    Stats and eventually the fact he was simply just not a good BB player no matter what... He didn't display any particular skill that could have made him a rotation player. Can't shoot (annoying for a guard in the NBA nowadays), can't create, can't really drive, soft, and it's not like his defense was compensating... A end of bench 3rd string guard at best. A non neglectable number of lottery guys don't make it till the end of their rookie contract and are out of the league after 4-5 years. Primo is probably one.

And we haven't heard a lot of teams showing interest since he's been waived to this day. he may get one contract because of injuries in a team but I believe it's over for him in the NBA. China or Europe, if he still want to play. But he's still a millionaire anyway so we shouldn't feel too sorry for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats and eventually the fact he was simply just not a good BB player no matter what... He didn't display any particular skill that could have made him a rotation player. Can't shoot (annoying for a guard in the NBA nowadays), can't create, can't really drive, soft, and it's not like his defense was compensating... A end of bench 3rd string guard at best. A non neglectable number of lottery guys don't make it till the end of their rookie contract and are out of the league after 4-5 years. Primo is probably one.

And we haven't heard a lot of teams showing interest since he's been waived to this day. he may get one contract because of injuries in a team but I believe it's over for him in the NBA. China or Europe, if he still want to play. But he's still a millionaire anyway so we shouldn't feel too sorry for him.
    Counting stats without context are irrelevant and determining whether one is a good player as a teenager is foolish.

Again, I'm not arguing that he was necessarily a good pick or wouldn't have been a bust, just saying it was too soon to make definitive declarations.

Bias is clouding judgement since so many were vehemently opposed to the pick from the jump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting stats without context are irrelevant and determining whether one is a good player as a teenager is foolish.

Again, I'm not arguing that he was necessarily a good pick or wouldn't have been a bust, just saying it was too soon to make definitive declarations.

Bias is clouding judgement since so many were vehemently opposed to the pick from the jump.
    Nah, Primo sucks. that's the context. At some point, it's as simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who even cares at this point? It’s like winning Powerball, but fretting about the $10 bill you dropped a week ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Primo sucks. that's the context. At some point, it's as simple as that.
    I mean, Jordan Poole looked like absolute dog his rookie season (shot 33% from the floor) and Blake Wesley was just as inefficient as Primo. Poole turned into a good 'microwave scorer' that still has plenty holes in his game, yet is clearly an NBA - level player. The jury is still out on Wesley and he needs to improve a ton on offense still.

TD21 is right that judging a player - any player - based solely on a rocky rookie season is foolish.

I'd be shocked if the serial flasher/sex pest is given a second chance at this point, but if he is a 'bust' it be seen for another year or two (if he ever plays in the NBA, again).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not just the criminal ...mfer is banned from THE FOUR SEASONS all over the world lmao.

how are you going to sign this guy if he can't stay in hotels on the road?? The whole team is at the hotel and Primo is at some Air BNB 30 minutes away hahahahahahha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 year old draftee who brain dead coach misplayed at point guard with Bryn Forbes mentoring is a bust.
    After one season.

Ya no chance he can improve as he gets older.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-1 for .750 in the games Primo played in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not just the criminal ...mfer is banned from THE FOUR SEASONS all over the world lmao.

how are you going to sign this guy if he can't stay in hotels on the road?? The whole team is at the hotel and Primo is at some Air BNB 30 minutes away hahahahahahha
    Four Seasons Landscaping?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information