Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is mind boggling. He could have opted to do the surgery at any point during the season (if his claims are true that the issue has been bothering him a while), and no one would have blamed him for sitting out games.

Instead, he does all this talk about "being disrespected" and "mental health issues", then the back thing comes out but he still says he's going to come back and even gets cleared for Game 4 before deciding not to play.

Kawhi-esque, one might say.
    He said his back was sore literally the week he reported in to Philly in November. They thought he was faking, but since no one ever has back surgery unless they need it, I'd say he needed it. Philly never paid him again after the contractually obligated check last summer, so I'd think he probably has a pretty good chance to win his lawsuit for $20M in back pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said his back was sore literally the week he reported in to Philly in November. They thought he was faking, but since no one ever has back surgery unless they need it, I'd say he needed it. Philly never paid him again after the contractually obligated check last summer, so I'd think he probably has a pretty good chance to win his lawsuit for $20M in back pay.
    My question is...why not just have the back surgery then? He would have been easily collecting checks instead of having to go to litigation for it, and no one would have questioned a guy being out a season for back surgery.

My only other su ion is that he DID want to be traded, but didn't want to admit that he was damaged goods which would have limited his trade value and potential suitors.

But that's also shady as , and par the course for Klutch Sports. He finally got what he wanted, went to a team who was hoping for him to help with a playoff run, and then suddenly "oh yeah, my back"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad we did not get involved with him but I still think Simmons comes back pretty damn strong next year. Whole summer to rehab and get his mind/body right in a near perfect situation where KD and Kyrie can carry the offensive load while operates as a guy that does a little bit of everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is...why not just have the back surgery then? He would have been easily collecting checks instead of having to go to litigation for it, and no one would have questioned a guy being out a season for back surgery.

My only other su ion is that he DID want to be traded, but didn't want to admit that he was damaged goods which would have limited his trade value and potential suitors.

But that's also shady as , and par the course for Klutch Sports. He finally got what he wanted, went to a team who was hoping for him to help with a playoff run, and then suddenly "oh yeah, my back"
    He's not a doctor. He can't know if he needs surgery or not. He depends on doctors for that, and I don't recall that he had his own like mute cancer. That decision would have had to come from the Philly medical staff or the Brooklyn medical staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ He was barely practicing most of the season, probably didn’t realize it was that bad. Also as silly as it sounds it appears the stress was causing it to flair up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a doctor. He can't know if he needs surgery or not. He depends on doctors for that, and I don't recall that he had his own like mute cancer. That decision would have had to come from the Philly medical staff or the Brooklyn medical staff.
    Thought Simmons refused to be seen by any Nets Dr.s ala Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 of the top 20 paid made it past the 2nd Round.

Curry, Thomson.
    Jimmy Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information