Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really believe there exists or will one day be a racism-less society/World? If that's your intention then we should return to the Pre 2010's, when we were educated to ignore our physical & cultural differences. This shift in the past 10 years is the wrong direction. Before USA was the golden standard of how to handle multiculturalism but now it's viewed as the most divisive. This shift I mentioned is why.

I have a very diverse social circle and it works because we can all clown on each other. But that's because we were raised and educated Pre 2010's.
    The pre-2010s were a race blind paradise?

Hmm...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You're the one fleeing the country because of your feelings.

Who's the snowflake?
    To be closer to family. I can return and have a happy life in the USA. But heavily decreasing my consumption of politics etc is a part of the equation.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The pre-2010s were a race blind paradise?

Hmm...
    More than today. We were different ingredients in an American melting pot pursuing a dream. Today it's demographics living under a systematic evil system that is rooted in bloody history etc.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be closer to family. I can return and have a happy life in the USA. But heavily decreasing my consumption of politics etc is a part of the equation.
    So you.

The answer is you're the snowflake.

It's OK. You have the privilege of being able to tap out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    race-blindness means I can clown on your race with no adverse social consequences.

sorry, those are the rules.

if you don't like them, you're a joyless freak.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So you.

The answer is you're the snowflake.

It's OK. You have the privilege of being able to tap out.
    Thousands put their life in danger to sneak into this country daily

Enough with the victimhood. 2 middle class white men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walk us through it, FK.

What changed in 2010?

Sounds like the same old bellyaching about secular humanism in the 1970s and 80s, political correctness in the 1990s and cultural marxism in the 2000s. Retread and bull . This isn't new, y'all are just picking new buzzwords to justify bigotry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon is woke

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Walk us through it, FK.

What changed in 2010?

Sounds like the same old bellyaching about secular humanism in the 1970s and 80s, political correctness in the 1990s and cultural marxism in the 2000s. Retread and bull . This isn't new, y'all are just picking new buzzwords to justify bigotry.
    In my experience Pre 2010s was - we are all equal. Mentioning topics such as race was divisive.

The shift was rooted in different demographics sharing their experience and celebrating it. Great idea.

Some realized they can make a career out of feeding people victimhood or even guilt. Keep in mind today all demographics practice it to varying degree. But in terms of mainstream media and academia, you'd have to be tone deaf to not notice the almost overnight shift. It went from individualism to tribalism. America went backwards and that's where we are today.

Too many people today when asked who they are - answer a buzzword or demographic. Instead of hobbies & interest.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-15-2022 at 04:49 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    People can change, as I did. No longer obsessed with politics.

I got some family members hooked on that Politics and hated it. UnPlug.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my experience Pre 2010s was - we are all equal. Mentioning topics such as race was divisive.

The shift was rooted in different demographics sharing their experience and celebrating it. Great idea.

Some realized they can make a career out of feeding people victimhood or even guilt. Keep in mind today all demographics practice it to varying degree. But in terms of mainstream media and academia, you'd have to be tone deaf to not notice the almost overnight shift. It went from individualism to tribalism. America went backwards and that's where we are today.

Too many people today when asked who they are - answer a buzzword or demographic. Instead of hobbies & interest.
    You're a victim of demographics. Time for you to bug out because you have the privilege to ignore politics while consistently posting about politics in the political forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall proclaiming victory. If you're done with the topic and just want to talk about other posters, cool by me.

1619 Project isn't my hobby horse.
    Never said I was done, what I did say was that you utterly failed to engage in anything resembling a good faith conversation about facts. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is very much on display though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think racism is dunzo and has no place in the curriculum?

Sounds like bad history to me.
    I think racism exists, but I also think the issue is more nuanced than your totalizing “amerikka is a slavokkkracy” take. I honestly think you’re incapable of having a conversation about the issue either. This thread is littered with examples why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH, you’re literally proving every bad meme the right has about wokeness. Your literal reply is “but racism exists.” The existence of racism doesn’t mean that every attempt to show progress or ins utional change or serious inaccuracies in “journalism” or curricula is misguided or wrong. Youyouve paint yourself into a corner where you can’t acknowledge any of that and, in the process, make it seem like America is more racist now than it ever has been — which is patently false.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say that the history of racism in the US is a roughly continuous cycle of progress followed by white backlash. Judging from the discussion and legal maneuvering concerning affirmative action and Loving, it's safe to say we're in the white backlash phase. It's tough to care too much about the factual inaccuracies of a couple days of 1619 in a classroom when an entire region has been indoctrinated with the Lost Cause for decades and teaching anything else there is becoming literally illegal because it might hurt whitey's feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said I was done, what I did say was that you utterly failed to engage in anything resembling a good faith conversation about facts. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is very much on display though.
    what facts do you want to discuss? you never stopped waving your hands for long enough to actually, you know, discuss them.

I'm here for you if you want to have that conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think racism exists, but I also think the issue is more nuanced than your totalizing “amerikka is a slavokkkracy” take. I honestly think you’re incapable of having a conversation about the issue either. This thread is littered with examples why.
    This is ventriloquism and bad faith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH, you’re literally proving every bad meme the right has about wokeness. Your literal reply is “but racism exists.” The existence of racism doesn’t mean that every attempt to show progress or ins utional change or serious inaccuracies in “journalism” or curricula is misguided or wrong. Youyouve paint yourself into a corner where you can’t acknowledge any of that and, in the process, make it seem like America is more racist now than it ever has been — which is patently false.
    More bad faith ventriloquism, I didn't say any of this, even conceded that you might be right on the merits vis a vis 1619 Project. Seems like you're making up stuff to be mad at me about.

You obviously have an axe to grind you're not being totally candid about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not crazy about faddish, canned curriculum, that would likely include 1619 Project. I'm only passingly familiar with it, but I guess there might be some things we agree upon. Me calling your argumentation handwavy and vague isn't an endorsement of NHJ or anything she wrote. You seem to care more about excoriating other posters than making your points clear. Maybe that's what you're really here for.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You're a victim of demographics. Time for you to bug out because you have the privilege to ignore politics while consistently posting about politics in the political forum.
    Mr.Buzzards

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You didn't even approach my post. Strike 1 chumpy

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'll march tach. Busy right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    facts: the numbers are minuscule. the size of the whole cohort from 2017-2021 was ~40 million kids annually.

if you harp on this not mentioning mundane barriers to ordinary healthcare for minors like poverty and no insurance, you don't really care that much about the kiddos, you're just here to pick on trans folks.

Komodo’s analysis draws on full or partial health insurance claims for about 330 million U.S. patients over the five years from 2017 to 2021, including patients covered by private health plans and public insurance like Medicaid. The data include roughly 40 million patients annually, ages 6 through 17, and comprise health insurance claims that do ent diagnoses and procedures administered by U.S. clinicians and facilities.
    To determine the number of new patients who initiated puberty blockers or hormones, or who received an initial dysphoria diagnosis, Komodo looked back at least one year prior in each patient’s record. For the surgery data, Komodo counted multiple procedures on a single day as one procedure.

For the analysis of pediatric patients initiating puberty blockers or hormones, Komodo searched for patients with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis. Patients with a diagnosis of central precocious puberty were removed. A total of 17,683 patients, ages 6 through 17, with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis initiated either puberty blockers or hormones or both during the five-year period. Of these, 4,780 patients had initiated puberty blockers and 14,726 patients had initiated hormone treatment.
    The ultimate step in gender-affirming medical treatment is surgery, which is uncommon in patients under age 18. Some children’s hospitals and gender clinics don’t offer surgery to minors, requiring that they be adults before deciding on procedures that are irreversible and carry a heightened risk of complications.

The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021. Among teens, “top surgery” to remove breasts is more common. In the three years ending in 2021, at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 with a gender dysphoria diagnosis, according to Komodo’s data analysis of insurance claims. This tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket.
    https://www.reuters.com/investigates...ansyouth-data/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fellas, is it gay to hang out at church?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I would say that the history of racism in the US is a roughly continuous cycle of progress followed by white backlash. Judging from the discussion and legal maneuvering concerning affirmative action and Loving, it's safe to say we're in the white backlash phase. It's tough to care too much about the factual inaccuracies of a couple days of 1619 in a classroom when an entire region has been indoctrinated with the Lost Cause for decades and teaching anything else there is becoming literally illegal because it might hurt whitey's feelings.
    I'd only disagree with "followed by". It think the resistance to racial equity is a constant force, and becomes more apparent following a spotlight event since that's the moment of silence when we listen for the backlash. It's always present though. Maybe our own fault for not noticing it until we expect to encounter it the most.

Thread Information