Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Spurs may eventually just simply suck enough as to be hopeless. I always think they aren't going to be that bad while you have Jakob. But trade away Jakob and subs ute a Gleague center and yea. It's tank season and empty stats galore.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never saw so much whining from grown men. Tanking is for losers. Tell me: How many champions of the last years were tanking to get their top players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy theory here. What if the spurs are kinda trying to suck on purpose to disinterest fans, leading to crap attendance and then move the franchise out of SA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy theory here. What if the spurs are kinda trying to suck on purpose to disinterest fans, leading to crap attendance and then move the franchise out of SA?
    Since you started it off with "conspiracy theory" up front, I won't roast you, but that'd make them morons for just investing how many ever tens of millions they spent on their new training facility complex.

I think they probably have every intention of staying here...for now. If they start hemorrhaging cash due to poor play --> leading to poor attendance year over year, I could see them move in 2032 or whenver their lease expires. But its idiocy to think their first move would be to Vegas when they could easily move right up the road to Austin which will be a city the size SA is now (~1.3M or 1.4M) in 2032. The metro areas will basically be one in the same by then too. And you already have a familiarity and interest from the fans here. It would be a stupid business move to completely uproot them to Vegas, and start from scratch, when everything they would be seeking is 90 miles up IH-35. Austin would draw FAs that SA won't. And if an arena could be built in like Buda or Kyle or San Marcos, they'd basically pull from both areas anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a chance this season if Pop keeps the draft picks mostly in the G League training school and if we trade Poodle. Yes, loosing Poodle would hurt us as we would have Landale and Collins playing center but in the long run it would probably net us a nice first draft pick and maybe a young player and since we would be bad we would land a top 5 pick -

Sometimes ya got to take a step backwards to move forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, 9th is fine. The time to get lucky with ping pong balls is next year. This draft is weak at the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Paolo Banchero that much better than Keegan Murray?
    Is Jabari Smith that much better than Ousmane Dieng?
    Is Jaden Ivey that much better than Benedict Mathurin?
    Is Chet Holmgren that much better than [Jalen Duren/Jeremy Sochan]?

There's not a best comp for Holmgren, but these are serious questions. Tier 1 does not seem completely above Tier 2 to me. Of course I'd rather have Banchero or possibly Ivey, but it's not hard to imagine each comp being better than the ones we 'lost out' on. Keegan Murray was a better college player than Banchero. Mathurin might already be better than Ivey, period. Dieng has to grow to reach the others, but if Smith remains two dimensional, it's not hard to see him becoming better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So tell me about this Wembanyama then lol I'm lookin ahead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a chance this season if Pop keeps the draft picks mostly in the G League training school and if we trade Poodle. Yes, loosing Poodle would hurt us as we would have Landale and Collins playing center but in the long run it would probably net us a nice first draft pick and maybe a young player and since we would be bad we would land a top 5 pick -

Sometimes ya got to take a step backwards to move forward
    Sometimes people go bananas when someone mentions the word "tank", like it means players putting the ball through their own hoop, and it's just as simple as what you describe: you trade the right player for assets (someone critical to your roster, whom you can't replace), and the dominoes start falling.
    The Spurs have no replacement for Poeltl, you trade him without proper replacement, you just cost yourself 5/10 extra games, no sweat. That may have been a likely scenario if we had traded Poeltl at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs hit grand slams with two of the most important drafts in the last 35 years or whatever. Boston had the best chances of getting Duncan and they wound up with Ron Mercer and Keith Van Horn. We had about a one in five chance of moving up in this draft with no sure things. We had a better chance of slipping a spot. This wasn't a bad night. It was expected.
    Billups not Van Horn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never saw so much whining from grown men. Tanking is for losers. Tell me: How many champions of the last years were tanking to get their top players?
    We tanked for Duncan.

Thing is we sat Robinson and Pop had them trying and playing hard. They just had no talent.

These ninnies want to throw games. That is the idiocy.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, we're all forgetting the real loser in all of this - timvp.
    Poor Bas has to smash out about 30 Draft Prospect Profiles now....
    The lottery wasn't going to change #20, #25, #38.
    Expect at least 38 total profiles.
    And two more after the draft for two Spurs picks not profiled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice to see three teams (detroit, portland and indiana) suffer the consequences of tanking although sac town did reap the benefits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice to see three teams (detroit, portland and indiana) suffer the consequences of tanking although sac town did reap the benefits.
    Was still the right move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Spurs may eventually just simply suck enough as to be hopeless. I always think they aren't going to be that bad while you have Jakob. But trade away Jakob and subs ute a Gleague center and yea. It's tank season and empty stats galore.
    only one team last night saw tanking pay off. with all that is happening with the franchise right now, the most inane thing to do would be to deplete its roster for the sake of tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was still the right move.
    sac hasn't been relevant for 20 years. the 4th pick of this year's draft is not going to be a game changer.
    Last edited by rjv; 05-18-2022 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you consider the fact that they also lost an extra lottery pick when NO made the playoffs, Portland is the team that saw their chances drop the most. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade the pick in a package for a Jerami Grant S&T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you consider the fact that they also lost an extra lottery pick when NO made the playoffs, Portland is the team that saw their chances drop the most. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade the pick in a package for a Jerami Grant S&T
    Grant hasn’t been able to stick anywhere but I’ve always liked his game.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sac hasn't been relevant since for 20 years. the 4th pick of this year's draft is not going to be a game changer.
    When you take Marvin Bagley ahead of Luka Doncic, tanking more isn't the answer to your problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you take Marvin Bagley ahead of Luka Doncic, tanking more isn't the answer to your problems.
    A fact many ignore…. Or they think Spurs are in that level of bad drafting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant hasn’t been able to stick anywhere but I’ve always liked his game.
    Well, he was very raw when he came into the league, and it took him a while to develop. But Denver was shocked when he elected not to sign with them, as he went to Detroit looking for a bigger offensive role. He did very well in Detroit, and if he doesn't stay there, it's not because he underwhelmed, but because he may have priced himself out of their price range and time line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sac hasn't been relevant for 20 years. the 4th pick of this year's draft is not going to be a game changer.
    Just as much as their inability to draft as it is player development and trades.

Our advantages in drafting, scouting and developing would be magnified with better picks.

The Sac, Philly process argument is weak to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as much as their inability to draft as it is player development and trades.

Our advantages in drafting, scouting and developing would be magnified with better picks.

The Sac, Philly process argument is weak to me.
    that wasn't an argument; it was an observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe is a very useful tool for draft day trades. I believe he can be traded and subsequently waived with inly 3.9mm so Grant for Bledsoe and that FRP makes a ton of sense for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this our highest draft pick since Duncan?

Thread Information