Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true. We get Lavine and then our weakness moving forward can be our lack of size.
    For sure, but I'd presume it's easier to take elite talent where you can and then build the roster rather than trying to find elite talent at the exact position where you are weakest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and we'll be stuck on that 5-8 treadmill, unable to afford anyone else.
    Even if true, sure beats being in the 9-10 treadmill every year with a bunch of cap space used to sign the McBuckets of the world with your #10 pick every year. Thankfully, it's pretty obviously not true that one max player doesn't handicap you from ever doing anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stars usually force trades. They also usually want to go to bigger, or perceived better markets than us. We weren’t even a draw during the Big Three era, only managing one signing towards the tail end of the run.
    man, maybe the Spurs should just move then. Your strategy seems to entail counting on ping pong balls like a homeless guy who'd rather buy lotto tickets than get an actual job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Lavine would be the Spurs go-to scorer? He defers to DeRozan on the Bulls roster.
    Absolutely.

DeRozan is far more established than Murray and a better scorer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a benevolent ball hog. I still think LaVine is the better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a benevolent ball hog. I still think LaVine is the better player.
    He's a better player because he at least plays passable defense, can shoot the three and the unassisted three.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can't get LaVine as a free agent, they won't be getting anyone in the next few years.

It's as good a situation as it will get. Max space.

Unrestricted.

Previously forced to sign an offer sheet like a chump

Recruited by a friend.

A coach he has a great relationship and positive results with.

A current team with aging 'stars '

This is it.

Aldridge was a similar great opportunity. Jealous of his teammates, dumb enough to think he'd be the #1 option, from Texas, had a kid in San Antonio supposedly, had good relationships with Mills as a teammate and Ime as a coach.

It's now or never, guys just don't hit unrestricted status that often with the things lining up for the Spurs like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was a very different situation. He publicly stated he wanted to be closer to home so he could see his son more often (as you mentioned). And he was coming into a situation where he was getting a Max Deal to play with his idol Tim Duncan, along with Kawhi Leonard and aging HOFers in Tony & Manu, with his buddies Patty and Ime, on a team that were legit le contenders.

While I do agree that LaVine is probably the Spurs’ best bet for a big name FA signing here anytime soon, for all the reasons that you mention, I also believe there’s little to no chance of it happening, sadly. For a mul ude of reasons, the biggest being the city we’re in, the small market, and the fact that we’re not very good.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another positive to him signing would be that he'd take jersey #8 and we could put this whole Patty Mills jersey retirement thing to bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can get LaVine get him. They‘ll obviously have to address the 4 spot, but the west is very weak right now and a lot of star players are over 30 while the Spurs have a lot of upside on the roster. I‘d take my chances

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure when was this but saw it from Instagram (Reels):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc6so...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yup. Zach and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure when was this but saw it from Instagram (Reels):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc6so...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yup. Zach and Manu.
    Broken link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try on your phone and have an Instagram app. I think there's no "Reels" yet on PC/Desktop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, get Ayton and LaVine and trade Poeltl for another first. We'd be back in the finals in no time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/5-teams-th...n-zach-lavine/

More quality journalism from Paul Fogerty #facepalm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chicago Medical initial diagnosis was a bruised knee…

Zach dealt with knee problems for a lot of the season. We have to handle with care here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chicago Medical initial diagnosis was a bruised knee…

Zach dealt with knee problems for a lot of the season. We have to handle with care here.
    Did Ball have the same knee as an ex-Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has gotten confusing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has gotten confusing...
    The only question I was trying to pose is what if Zach's injury was worse than what Chicago medical initially diagnosed? He then goes through the rest of the season putting significant more wear and tear on the knee, potentially shortening his career as a result...
    With Chicago in a "Win at all costs" type mode, it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Spurs medical would obviously do their due diligence but I'd be extremely wary of offering the max without significant reassurances. Even with the most positive of prognostications, the team is unlikely to have full indemnity against such a contract.

Not a great example but Allan Houstan was arguably not worthy of signing the max...
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rt-to-injuries

1. Allan Houston's talents never warranted him becoming a $100 million man, but his sharp-shooting tendencies did deserve to be heralded.
      After signing a maximum contract with the Knicks in 2001, Houston's slew of problems began. The shooting guard injured his knee in 2003, and despite attempting to return, he called it quits two years later.
      Houston cited his injuries as what prevented him from finishing his career the way he wanted to. He was in the league for 12 years, but lost two of those to knee problems.
      He may never have been worth the money New York was paying, but had he remained healthy, he would have definitely been worth watching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only question I was trying to pose is what if Zach's injury was worse than what Chicago medical initially diagnosed? He then goes through the rest of the season putting significant more wear and tear on the knee, potentially shortening his career as a result...
    With Chicago in a "Win at all costs" type mode, it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Spurs medical would obviously do their due diligence but I'd be extremely wary of offering the max without significant reassurances. Even with the most positive of prognostications, the team is unlikely to have full indemnity against such a contract.

Not a great example but Allan Houstan was arguably not worthy of signing the max...
    Thank you for the clarification there...I was having a hard time reconciling what Lonzo's injury had to do with Zach's. As to the knee issue with Zach, do we know what kind of surgery we're talking about here? I thought it was just a routine clean up...nothing to do with ligaments... if thays not the case I'd have more concern otherwise I'm not to worried. I'm sure our medical staff will do the requisite due diligence (like you said) and that's enough for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank you for the clarification there...I was having a hard time reconciling what Lonzo's injury had to do with Zach's. As to the knee issue with Zach, do we know what kind of surgery we're talking about here? I thought it was just a routine clean up...nothing to do with ligaments... if that's not the case I'd have more concern otherwise I'm not to worried. I'm sure our medical staff will do the requisite due diligence (like you said) and that's enough for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad for muddling the post, it's just that the Twitt shows Ball's knee not getting better and has pain everytime he try to ramp it out reminds me of Kawhi in his last season with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the clarification there...I was having a hard time reconciling what Lonzo's injury had to do with Zach's. As to the knee issue with Zach, do we know what kind of surgery we're talking about here? I thought it was just a routine clean up...nothing to do with ligaments... if that's not the case I'd have more concern otherwise I'm not to worried. I'm sure our medical staff will do the requisite due diligence (like you said) and that's enough for me.
    I thought it was reported as just a cleanup - no structural damage.

Thread Information