Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine is better than Jordan but in today’s NBA he’s not a #1 option tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don’t think he leaves Chicago. He’d be leaving like $50M+ on the table if he signed a Max somewhere else. Think this is all just posturing on his part with the Bulls, letting them know he won’t settle for anything less than a Max there.

With that said, his quotes these past few days definitely have Bulls fans on edge. We’ll see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine definitely represents a dilemma. Spurs need some star power and Lavine has the look of it but comes with questions marks as well... Is he reaaly worth a max? Do spurs really have to overpay if they want to drag marquee FAs? His net negative and post season history are real concerns and I agree woith the "panic buy" warning.

You need someone in your life and there's that chick who broke up... She's so perfect, the woman of you life, you idealize her, see all the qualities in her... Two years later she's a total with all the defaults on earth who wasted two years of your life (reverse you and the girl if you wish)...

You should always try not to be emotional in such situtations and try stay pragmatical and clinical... That's why I'd be curious to hear about opinions from Bulls and other teams fans concerning spurs eventually offering the max to Lavine... Honestly I don't really know although I agree that signing Lavine would bring some excitement and ambition. So I'd probably tend to do it anyway, with the risks it includes. It could give a boost to the whole roster and maybe lift Murray even higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don’t think he leaves Chicago. He’d be leaving like $50M+ on the table if he signed a Max somewhere else. Think this is all just posturing on his part with the Bulls, letting them know he won’t settle for anything less than a Max there.

With that said, his quotes these past few days definitely have Bulls fans on edge. We’ll see what happens.
    That's what sign and trades are made for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4yrs 160mm vs 5yrs 210ish I believe so its really only 10mm. If he makes an all-nba team they can suoer max him for 245ish over 5 yrs.

If he wanted to come here a sign and trade could be worked easily given our cap space. Wouldn’t have to give Chicago much to make it work as we could absorb him into our cap. JRich and an FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What promising future?
    3 FRPs, more in years to come, lots of cap space, and at least one or two young players with positive development projections.

If we play our cards right, get a little luck, make the right trades,then there is a promising future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And based on how they talked about San Antonio being the hole to player reputation in that video, it doesn't sound like he'll be coming here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I have not missed that LaVine can shoot the 3. Have you missed that he's been in the league 7 years, played 1 playoff series (lost 4-1), and never posted a season +/- that's positive? He's not a guy who wins ball games, and thus I am not comfortable paying him $160M over 4 years.

The one positive I see in signing him is he can be flipped later with other assets down the line. There are always teams impressed by big raw stats. That, plus it's just a bad year for free agents unfortunately. LaVine's Similarity Score player comps on Basketball Reference are Steve Blake, Marco Belinelli, and Bimbo Coles. That's pretty brutal for a supposed Max Player. His on court +/- and On/Off +/- charts look eerily like DeRozan's. They certainly don't look anything like Manu's or Kawhi's. Maybe in 4 years, untraded, we'll be reading an article about how LaVine was a net negative or borderline net neutral player for the Spurs, though it was kinda fun to see him score a bunch. But, to be serious, what if a genuinely impactful future star is looking to be traded: would his team look at an offer of LaVine, KJ, and a FRP? Most likely, they would.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I would be happy to lose Keldon in a sign and trade, I do think that if there is a free agent recruitment meeting with Lavine, having Keldon there with Dejounte would probably be in their favor seeing as how they were teammates on the Olympic team.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lavine has grown on me... definitely not my favorite player but the spurs also need star power...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... following the pretty girl analogy, I'd say it's more like you come out of jail and you come across this pretty girl, who may have this weird STD that causes erectile dysfunction for 5 years and will take everything you have if that happens. Can you keep it in your pants, knowing the potential consequences? Do you go for a not so pretty girl at the moment, and work on your situation to improve your chances? Quite a conundrum...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... following the pretty girl analogy, I'd say it's more like you come out of jail and you come across this pretty girl, who may have this weird STD that causes erectile dysfunction for 5 years and will take everything you have if that happens. Can you keep it in your pants, knowing the potential consequences? Do you go for a not so pretty girl at the moment, and work on your situation to improve your chances? Quite a conundrum...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The correct answer is Brunson, not Lavine. HARD PASS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is not worth a MAX in any shape, way or form. Completely ridiculous notion tbh. What has he ever done to consider himself worthy of a max contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not interested at all ... can shoot the 3 but still feels like empty calories as does Demar ... also too injury prone IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You put in a healthy compe ive bid for LaVine so that Chicago has to go above or match. That is the goal. Just handicap them going forward on salary by making them retain him.

If we get him, it won't be a max and is still a win for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You put in a healthy compe ive bid for LaVine so that Chicago has to go above or match. That is the goal. Just handicap them going forward on salary by making them retain him.

Offer him the max...let Chicago beat it if they want to keep him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this really is more of a big red town than mountain dew. i think LaVine stays in Chi Town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is only one price that clears the market and it is the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The correct answer is Brunson, not Lavine. HARD PASS
    Brunson would be a solid addition and could probably be had for a fraction of the price. Only thing i don't like is that he is only 6'1" so Zack Lavine fits the roster better but at a much higher cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunson would be a solid addition and could probably be had for a fraction of the price. Only thing i don't like is that he is only 6'1" so Zack Lavine fits the roster better but at a much higher cost.
    This is ridiculous. Completely different players. Lavine is better in every regard, and fills an actual need in terms of a goto scorer and volume 3 pt shooter. We don’t need a score first PG. Brunson is going to get 20mm or more anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Twitter in full offseason mode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculous. Completely different players. Lavine is better in every regard, and fills an actual need in terms of a goto scorer and volume 3 pt shooter. We don’t need a score first PG. Brunson is going to get 20mm or more anyways.
    And brunson is older

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Twitter in full offseason mode

for minimum?

Thread Information