Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago would obviously have to agree to a sign-and-trade with AD for this to happen, or they’d have to offload AD elsewhere without taking back much, if any, salary, and then sign him outright. Sounds like more of a Laker pipe dream though than a realistic possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago would obviously have to agree to a sign-and-trade with AD for this to happen, or they’d have to offload AD elsewhere without taking back much, if any, salary, and then sign him outright. Sounds like more of a Laker pipe dream though than a realistic possibility.
    Don’t worry, he’s coming for the MLE and he’s even gonna leave a little so they can sign more players too. Freakin Lakers, lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt LA gives up AD for Lavine..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This of course is assuming some team doesn’t bail the lakers out and trade for Westbrook, which open up cap space for LaVine. There’s only a couple of teams stupid enough to do so but you never know. All it takes is one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This of course is assuming some team doesn’t bail the lakers out and trade for Westbrook, which open up cap space for LaVine. There’s only a couple of teams stupid enough to do so but you never know. All it takes is one.
    Even if there's a team to absorb the whole Westbrook contract into cap space it still wouldn't leave enough for Lavine, it'd have to be a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t worry, he’s coming for the MLE and he’s even gonna leave a little so they can sign more players too. Freakin Lakers, lol
    I can guarantee that at 27, Zach Lavine is doing no such thing. This is his last chance for a long term MAX contract. If LA wants him, they’ll have to work out a S&T that pays him the full bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a team absorbs Westbrooks entire deal, it barely opens more than the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and signing and trading for Lavine would hard cap LA.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and signing and trading for Lavine would hard cap LA.

I had to wait between clicks to hand out all three thumbs up for your last posts.

Don't forget, though, that most people just don't understand the salary cap complications. It seems like big market teams like LA can just sign whoever they want to. And the fact is that they can afford to go deeper into lux tax than most teams, so that's part of their strategy. People don't see smaller teams doing that, so they just assume that LA can spend whatever they want, and get whoever they want.

Westbrook has to be the worst contract in the NBA right now. There may be some lower-paid guys who are worthless, but his contract is so big it's crippling and at the same time he just doesn't provide as much return as Curry. Plus he'll be 34 about the time next season starts.

Now that I said that, he'll probably come out and have his best season ever. But I wouldn't bet my franchise on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can guarantee that at 27, Zach Lavine is doing no such thing. This is his last chance for a long term MAX contract. If LA wants him, they’ll have to work out a S&T that pays him the full bag.
    I was being sarcastic. Of course Lavine isn't taking 8M a year. I'm reacting to Lakers fans being delusional yet again about being able to land top talent for peanuts ala DDR last year, even when their cap situation is and they have little to show for the investment notwithstanding the asterisks/YMCA pickup game/COVID championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the Lakers is at it might as well say Westbrook decline his player option and Lakers trade AD and Nunn for Coby White, PatWil a bulls 23 and 27 FRP + sign and trade Lavine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the Lakers is at it might as well say Westbrook decline his player option and Lakers trade AD and Nunn for Coby White, PatWil a bulls 23 and 27 FRP + sign and trade Lavine.
    I know you’re being sarcastic, but CHIs 2023 FRP and 2025 FRP are already spoken for, and since there is a 3 year protection window on the 2025 FRP, CHI can’t trade a future pick until 2030 because of the worst case scenario where the 2023 pick doesn’t convey until 2024 or not at all, and our 3 draft clock starts in 2026 and runs thru 2028.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you’re being sarcastic, but CHIs 2023 FRP and 2025 FRP are already spoken for, and since there is a 3 year protection window on the 2025 FRP, CHI can’t trade a future pick until 2030 because of the worst case scenario where the 2023 pick doesn’t convey until 2024 or not at all, and our 3 draft clock starts in 2026 and runs thru 2028.
    Mortgaged their future for Vuc and DDR. If Lavine leaves that 2025 pick will be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu threw LaVine an alley oop for the NBA 75 commercial, I think it’s a done deal imho

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a real pg and a big that’s all. Zach is a loser like Dejounte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good summation of why the window is slightly open for the Spurs to make a move for Lavine. For everyone who asks "Why would he leave CHI for us?!?!" This is why. CHI went all in for now, and fell miserably short, and odds are that Vuc and DDR are getting worse, not better. Spurs, on the other hand, have cap space and lots of picks.

I'm not saying that gives us the advantage, but it is was leaves the door open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but with sleazeball Lakers org one could see them giving Westchuck his 45 million under the table to go away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but with sleazeball Lakers org one could see them giving Westchuck his 45 million under the table to go away.
    Conspiracist fans are next level DUMB. Can’t take two minutes to google readily available information regarding salary cap but put forth these brain farts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to convey $45M under the table. In the past, in tampering investigations, the NBA has gotten information from cell phones. I think part of any NBA contract, player, coach, or FO, there are things you must give up if there's an investigation. Bank records would probably be on that list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracist fans are next level DUMB. Can’t take two minutes to google readily available information regarding salary cap but put forth these brain farts.
    Morons who think corruption has not and does not take place in professional sports.

Have a cup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to convey $45M under the table. In the past, in tampering investigations, the NBA has gotten information from cell phones. I think part of any NBA contract, player, coach, or FO, there are things you must give up if there's an investigation. Bank records would probably be on that list.
    Plenty of ways to transfer value other then straight cash exchange.
    Super good deal on real estate.
    Insider stock tips.
    Etc etc.

Kwame Brown for MVPau you think was shrewed Laker braintrust and helpless Memphis? Whom oh by the way Jerry West left as GM.
    Don't believe for a second that got wasn't still involved with Lakers Inc.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of ways to transfer value other then straight cash exchange.
    Super good deal on real estate.
    Insider stock tips.
    Etc etc.

Kwame Brown for MVPau you think was shrewed Laker braintrust and helpless Memphis. Whom oh by the way Jerry West just left.
    Just left? Try 2007. He was the architect of KD to GS, and has since been tainted in the LAC tampering of Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just left? Try 2007. He was the architect of KD to GS, and has since been tainted in the LAC tampering of Kawhi.
    Yes and Pau joined the Lakers in the 2007-08 season.
    Certainly recently enough for West to have facilitated bull illicit deals with Memphis owners.
    KD and LAC Kawhi tampering just more smoke that corruption follows this sleazeball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and Pau joined the Lakers in the 2007-08 season.
    Certainly recently enough for West to have facilitated bull illicit deals with Memphis owners.
    KD and LAC Kawhi tampering just more smoke that corruption follows this sleazeball.
    That Pau deal stunk from the get-go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Windhorst:

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported at the 22:00 mark of his Hoop Collective podcast Tuesday that the initial impression around the NBA was that LaVine was "off the market." Now, there isn't as much certainty about him staying in Chicago.

Windhorst added that the Portland Trail Blazers have "popped up" as a potential landing spot.

Thread Information