View Poll Results: Has Greek Freak approached early Timmy Duncan level??

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 35.42%
  • No

25 52.08%
  • Ask me after this seasons playoffs

6 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s likely to ring again this year. If they get Middleton back, they’re definitely favorites. Finals will likely be a rematch with Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slightly unrelated but I got reccomended this video on youtube...

...and I immediately thought of TD21

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At falling for Raptors propaganda (listen to a local broadcast sometime and you'll know what I mean). They've been playing this game for years.

The reality is, I don't care how high Hammond and the Bucks were on him, he was a 15th pick and a project. If the Raptors knew he was an all-time great in the making all along, I'm pretty sure they could have conjured the assets to make a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is on TD's level. He may not have Tim's longevity, but his prime is every bit elite as Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked he's not that well liked all around, he embodies everything that is right: talent + hard work + humility + loyalty... If the Spurs aren't in the picture, I'm rooting for Giannis & Bud.
    Talent + hard work + humility + loyalty is not what makes one popular in American popular culture. Flash + victimhood + self-promotion + narcissism is more like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6 Boston over Bucks (Tatum).
    Didn't see entire game but watched a good chunk. Damned if ole Al Horford didn't block Freak at the rim again.
    But no way would i characterize this as a blown game by Freak. He had a ton of good plays.
    Rest of Bucks are pretty seriously lacking. I believe Celtics role players doing much better then Freaks role players.

Props to Tatum, some good shooting. FFS get someone on him other then Bonnerton and George Hill.

No Middleton no Bucks win?

We'll see what Freak comes up with in Game 7 but i don't think you Freak Haters can hang your hats on Game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is just the better overall complete team. Milwaukee’s only advantage is Giannis and Middleton has been their closer for series like this. He’s the guy that will make the tough contested shots you need at the end when no one is open, so they need him. Giannis taking the Bucks to a game 7 against this Boston team is impressive. They are my favorite East team, but I think Boston will win at home in the end. Giannis can win this on the road. The problem is the roleplayers. We shall see it going to be a good game. I can’t completely count Giannis out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is just the better overall complete team. Milwaukee’s only advantage is Giannis and Middleton has been their closer for series like this. He’s the guy that will make the tough contested shots you need at the end when no one is open, so they need him. Giannis taking the Bucks to a game 7 against this Boston team is impressive. They are my favorite East team, but I think Boston will win at home in the end. Giannis can win this on the road. The problem is the roleplayers. We shall see it going to be a good game. I can’t completely count Giannis out.
    Exactly.
    While the comparison to Timmy Duncs entire career was never made nor suggested, harken to the years Duncan allowed himself to be forced to have Matty Bon Bon or Mike Finley (2006 on Dirk + DirkRef) at the PF on the frontline or dribble dribble dribble rap entourage wanna be at the time Tony Parker.
    2009 Lost 4-1 Mavs 1st round
    2010 Lost 4-0 sweep to Suns in R2.
    2011 Lost 4-2 Grizzleys 1st round.

Yes Parker had many an excellent playoff series, but lets not be ignorant of the times even Timmy Duncs did not have support to advance in the playoffs.

Freak did 44/20/6 in Game 6 vs Boston. Defense? Al Horford was 1-6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At falling for Raptors propaganda (listen to a local broadcast sometime and you'll know what I mean). They've been playing this game for years.

The reality is, I don't care how high Hammond and the Bucks were on him, he was a 15th pick and a project. If the Raptors knew he was an all-time great in the making all along, I'm pretty sure they could have conjured the assets to make a trade.
    Dude, your obsession for discrediting anything Masai does is so weird. Specially since you are an advocate of black GMs and coaches, yet you go out of your way to not give who is, likely, the best black GM in the game (if not the best. Period) any merit whatsoever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, your obsession for discrediting anything Masai does is so weird. Specially since you are an advocate of black GMs and coaches, yet you go out of your way to not give who is, likely, the best black GM in the game (if not the best. Period) any merit whatsoever.
    Whatever man. I'm tired of explaining this to you people. Your obsession with my dislike of theirs is what's weird to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s likely to ring again this year. If they get Middleton back, they’re definitely favorites. Finals will likely be a rematch with Phoenix.
    Well done ! ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha TD21 can be astute poster which is why I have concluded Massai = DADDY but just never came back from the milk run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done ! ��
    There were reports that Middleton might be back for Games 6 & 7. He didn’t make it back though. MIL wins that series if he’s healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked like 2001 Duncan out there. Putting up 40 and 15 with 4 blocks and still losing against a superior team. That said, Duncan would've all over Boston.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was special and a lot of people will eventually realize it in upcoming years when many players fail to achieve what he did. He knew how to win games in so many different ways and not just scoring which is an attribute very few players have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect 2022 Freak playoffs certainly held his own.
    Would Timmy Dunker have lead this Bucks roster and coach further then Greek did?
    I dunno perhaps because he is Tim Duncan he would have. However Duncan had some 1st round outs too.

Freak did 25/20/9 in the closeout game.
    Myself i do not diminish Freak for 2022.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Freak is on Duncan's level. Let's give him the respect he deserves. He's a two time MVP and he threw his team on his back to beat the Suns last year. Obviously, he has to do it 4 more times to equal Tim's career, but he already has Duncan-level talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not quite on Duncan's level because Duncan had no weakness in his game. None. The Greek Freak still has problems shooting the ball and making free throws.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not quite on Duncan's level because Duncan had no weakness in his game. None. The Greek Freak still has problems shooting the ball and making free throws.
    Duncan's first 9 seasons vs. Antetokounmpo's.

FT: Tim .685, Giannis .718
    eFG%: Tim .506, Giannis .558
    TS%: Tim .551, Giannis .604

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's first 9 seasons vs. Antetokounmpo's.

FT: Tim .685, Giannis .718
    eFG%: Tim .506, Giannis .558
    TS%: Tim .551, Giannis .604
    yeah let's compare these numbers since defense was definitely played the same way now and then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of Free Throw Defense in the modern game really stands out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a look at Tim Duncan's free throw percentage in big games and pressure situations. Despite not great free throw percentage overall, when Tim had to hit them, he did so at a decent percentage in those situations. Take the Clippers game 7 for example. Have a look at his free throw percentage.
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-26-2022 at 02:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp Freak definitely does not have a GNob or Parker yet.

Watched the loss vs the Flamers a few nights ago and wow, Middleton and Jrue Holliday are lacking in the clutch big time.
    Fairness to Middleton it was his 1st game back after 17 off so there's that.
    Holliday seems like the success has gone to his head. Makes super risky defensive attempts that lead to the opponents getting easy hoops.
    Glad for the Chip over the Suns.
    Hope Holliday doesn't think the metal prize in the World Commercial Games is supposed to come anywhere near an NBA Chip as far as opponents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was unable to view.

Freak bad game or support was seriously lacking? Both?

Bucks down 3-1 to Philly Heat after leading by 11 with 5 minutes to go.

WTF?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure they'll make it out of this 3-1 hole. Giannis shouldn't be considered Top 10 until he adds a couple more rings and 8-10 more years of dominance to his resume. Not in the Duncan conversation yet, young fella.

Thread Information