Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2628
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What they are today is a possible overturn of RvW. I'd have to defer to the legal scholars here but states' rights seem to be the driving factor here. This is assuming anything changes at all.
    you didn't read the opinion. and yes, changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoopsie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

white male supremacy is misogynist, means women inferior to males

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    abortion trafficking is a new crime.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "State's rights"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarence thomas get paid and paid well for these decisions!

bu-bbbut - SOROS!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ appealed the Christian Nationalist misogynist judge's ruling to the Repug 5th Circuit in New Orleans

Appeal to be DOA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida woman whose membrane ruptured sent home to deliver a dead baby.

Anya Cook did not want to push. But sitting on the toilet, legs splayed wide, she knew she didn’t have a choice.

She was about to deliver her baby alone in the bathroom of a hair salon. On this Thursday afternoon in mid-December, about five months before her due date, she knew the baby would not be born alive.
    Over the course of the day, according to medical records, Cook would lose roughly half the blood in her body.

She had intended to deliver the fetus in a hospital, a doctor by her side. When her water broke the night before — at least six weeks ahead of when a fetus could survive on its own — she drove straight to the emergency room, where she said the doctor explained that she was experiencing pre-viability preterm prelabor rupture of the membranes (PPROM), which occurs in less than 1 percent of pregnancies. The condition can cause significant complications, including infection and hemorrhage, that can threaten the health or life of the mother, according to multiple studies.

At the hospital in Coral Springs, Fla., Cook received antibiotics, records show. Then she was sent home to wait.

Cook’s experience reflects a new reality playing out in hospitals in antiabortion states across the country — where because of newly enacted abortion bans, people with potentially life-threatening pregnancy complications are being denied care that was readily available before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-abortion-ban/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird to not believe in god but slobber all over the knob of the Christian evangelical party and their figureheads

i thought you were supposed to be a Libertarian Andy? and calf tats claims he is not a republican either and both parties are bad yet only ever comments negatively about one
    Its like the least functional and empathetic human beings seem to be attracted to a certain political ideology. Bullies know their own, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dobbs recklessly endangers women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nebraska

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Carolina

The South Carolina state Senate rejected a near-total abortion ban on Thursday, after the chamber’s five female lawmakers led a multiday filibuster against the bill.

Three Republicans, a Democrat and an Independent joined together as the only five women in the state Senate to block the legislation, which sought to ban abortion from conception with exceptions for rape, incest, fatal fetal anomalies and to save the life of the mother.

The bill ultimately failed in a 22-21 vote on Thursday. This is the third time that a near-total abortion ban has failed to pass the Republican-majority chamber since the overturning of Roe v. Wade last June.

“The only thing that we can do when you all, you men in the chamber, metaphorically keep slapping women by raising abortion again and again and again, is for us to slap you back with our words,” Republican state Sen. Sandy Senn said, according to The Associated Press.
    Abortion remains legal in South Carolina through 22 weeks.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...in-filibuster/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appropriate, evidence based, best practices health care withheld until the patient is dying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patient had a molar pregnancy -- 100% nonviable and very dangerous to the mother. What this woman went through was barbaric.

"They were very sincere, they weren't trying to be mean," she says. "They said, 'The best we can tell you to do is sit in the parking lot, and if anything else happens, we will be ready to help you. But we cannot touch you unless you are crashing in front of us or your blood pressure goes so high that you are fixing to have a heart attack.'"
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...olar-pregnancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women's health is not a priority for Republican assholes.

A recent survey found that about 40 percent of Idaho's OB-GYNs are considering leaving the state. That will affect women who rely on OB-GYNs for routine and urgent gynecological care unrelated to pregnancy, like menstrual disorders, endometriosis, and pelvic pain.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/id...s-in-the-state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rep Sauter says he hadn't thought much about the abortion ban, “It really wasn't high on my radar, other than I'm a pro-life guy, & I ran that way, but I didn't see it as it had a real-having a real big community impact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if a woman smokes while pregnant?
    These things always get cut off when the questions get tougher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ter talking points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homicide is the leading cause of death for pregnant women in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the good government rationale for denying care to women with nonviable pregnancies?

"The pregnant patient has a life-threatening physical condition aggravated by, caused by, or arising from a pregnancy, That condition places the pregnant patient at 'risk of death;' That condition poses a 'serious risk of substantial impairment of a major bodily function'," doctors wrote in her admission medical records.

It was only a few hours later, when they spoke with Anaya's OB/GYN, that the couple said they realized their baby girl — who they named Tylee — would not survive.

But the couple had no time to process the devastating news -- Anaya's OB/GYN told her she would "get very sick," before doctors could help her, she told ABC News.

"So it would have been avoidable -- me going into sepsis -- if they were able to induce labor. The quicker they could get Tylee delivered, the better chance they had at me not going into sepsis. However, Tylee still had a heartbeat," Anaya said.

"My husband and I are being told that 'not only did we lose Tylee, but now you're gonna go into sepsis and there's nothing we can do about it other than watch you because of the abortion laws in Texas,'" Anaya said doctors told them.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-seps...re-texas/story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D&E was not offered; the patient suffered, and is still suffering from, complications.

Kristen Anaya said she then began to get sicker, with a high fever, shaking uncontrollably for hours and vomiting at least 8 times.

"They were going to be monitoring me, doing bloodwork every three hours, monitoring my vitals and 'building a case' to prove that my life was in great danger and they needed to induce labor," she said.

Medical records show that Anaya's lactic acid reached 2.8 mmol/L before she was induced — the normal range is between 0.4 to 2.0 mmol/L. Her white blood cell count went up to 17.6 k/uL, while the healthy range is between 4.5 to 11 k/uL.

When she was admitted to the hospital, her lactic acid was 1.5 mmol/L and her white blood cell count was 12.3 k/uL, according to her medical records.

"I was crying, asking for help. And I remember them literally not saying anything. [The doctors and nurses] would just literally look at me and look at Stephen and they're just blank. There's literally nothing they could do," Anaya said.

She added, "I'm freezing, shaking so hard that I had body aches for a week after getting discharged from the hospital because my body was so tense and just shaking uncontrollably."

Once Anaya's test results met the threshold doctors had set, the hospital approved the abortion. She still had to wait from 30 minutes to an hour until the paperwork was in the system before her labor could be induced, according to her.

Despite a dilation and evacuation procedure being more effective at removing all the fetal tissue and the placenta, according to Gariepy, Anaya said she was only offered a labor induction.

The placenta usually detaches itself once a pregnancy is full term. By inducing labor and not performing the surgical procedure there is a risk the placenta will not be delivered, Gariepy said.

"There's a 25% chance of still needing surgery [after induction] because the placenta get stuck," Gariepy said.

Even after receiving four rounds of induction medication, Anaya's placenta was not delivered, according to her medical records.

She has since needed two dilation and curettage procedures to remove the placenta and stop her bleeding. The first was during her 5-day hospital stay.

Then, Anaya began bleeding heavily in early May and needed a second procedure to remove placenta tissue, her medical records show.

The hospital where Anaya received care, and her physician did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

She said she is still having pain and complications and her cervix was still dilated at an appointment last week, despite delivering on April 16. Doctors said her uterus still does not look normal, Anaya said.

"I'm kind of in a gray area, I'm not taking the path of recovery that they would expect. Because I'm still having some complications," Anaya said. "They're really unsure as to why I'm still feeling the way that I'm feeling and so we're kind of gonna wait and see."

Thread Information