Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2628
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this sort of thing inspires me to carry a torch to the temple of justice. in what universe is any of this worth it?

An Arizona mom is speaking out after being forced to carry her non-viable fetus to term.

Chloe, who does not want to use her last name, was overjoyed when she first found out she was pregnant in January 2022, becoming even more excited when she learned it was a girl, according to ABC News. Mom to an almost 6-month-old, Chloe had dreams of her two girls becoming close friends.

But at 23 weeks, she learned that her baby had holoprosencephaly, a birth defect that occurs when the brain does not divide into two halves, the left and right hemispheres, according to the Cleveland Clinic. While there are several types of the condition, Chloe's baby's was the most severe, known as alobar holoprosencephaly, which often results in the baby being stillborn or dying shortly after birth.

Upon realizing her daughter would not live very long, the 22-year-old was devastated. According to the outlet she said she "broke down" and said, "I have never felt that way in my entire life."

In Arizona, her options were limited — and she had to decide what to do within days. She could try to get an abortion by 24 weeks as was permitted at the time, go out of state to a clinic, or to continue with the pregnancy.

She decided she wanted to terminate. But when Roe v. Wade was overturned, states had the power to determine their own abortion laws. Arizona enacted a 15-week ban with exceptions only for when continuing with the pregnancy would "create serious risk of substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function" for the mother.[/COLOR]

Suddenly, Chloe's OB-GYN refused to end her pregnancy.

"It was like an immediate no, you can't get an induction to terminate," Chloe told the outlet. "When [my doctor] told me, I couldn't even get any words out ... I just felt so stuck."

She tried to go out of state to a clinic but said her appointment was canceled because of threats to her saftey after sharing her story on social media.[/COLOR]

By this time, she was 30 weeks along and was forced to continue carrying her baby, knowing the pregnancy was non-viable.
    [/COLOR]

"I became extremely depressed, more depressed than I already was," Chloe told ABC News. "Knowing that now I have to carry the baby to full-term when that wasn't my plan when I found out what was wrong, I didn't want to leave my bed. I was so emotionally unattached from my daughter, from my relationship, from family, from friends, from everybody. I just wanted to sleep all day."

She said it was heartbreaking to have to answer questions about her pregnancy when she was in public.[/COLOR]

"When I go out to the store, anything like that, people see me and they ask innocent questions, like 'Oh, are you having a boy or girl? When are you due?,'" she said. "I get stuck. I answer the questions, but in my head. I'm like, you know, it's a baby that's never gonna live."

Her daughter Laila was born in September 2022. Although she had previously decided that she wouldn't want to hold her baby for fear of becoming too attached, she changed her mind
    "As soon as she came out, I was like, no, I need to be the one that comforts her," she told the outlet. "That was definitely hard because you definitely do get attached, no matter what, no matter how hard you try to tell yourself, I know what's going to happen. I know the outcome."

Laila was unable to breathe correctly, and Chloe was told not to feed her because she could choke. It was clear that Laila would not live long. She was transferred to ho e care.

She was alive for about 44 hours, which it was definitely hard to watch her just be in pain the whole entire time," Chloe said, adding, "It's like I was trying to keep her from feeling this pain, and she still had to feel it."In the weeks after giving birth, Chloe suffered from anxiety and depressive disorder as well as postpartum depression.

Looking back, she still feels immense sadness. "It's not fair, and it wasn't fair from the beginning, to her or to me," Chloe said. "If I could have terminated, I would have."
    https://people.com/health/arizona-mo...hareurlbuttons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montana

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Wineho, now post how many women get abortion just for convenience,,,their own personal birth control,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montana

Lol Montana keeps getting all this attention for stuff they do with a total state population less than San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samantha Casiano, a 29-year-old living in eastern Texas, found out halfway through her pregnancy last year that her daughter, Halo, had a rare diagnosis of anencephaly, where much of the skull and brain is missing. Her doctor told her she would have to continue with the pregnancy because of Texas law, even though her baby would not survive.

With five children, including a goddaughter, at home she quickly realized she could not afford an out-of-state trip for an abortion. The next next few months of her pregnancy were spent trying to raise money for her daughter’s impending funeral, soliciting donations through online websites and launching fundraisers to sell Mexican soup. Halo was born in April, living for only four hours.

“I was so full of heartbreak and sadness, all at the same time,” Casiano said.

Women in the lawsuit say they could not openly discuss abortion or labor induction with their doctors, instead asking their doctors discreetly if they should travel outside of the state.

Dr. Austin Dennard, an OB-GYN in Dallas, never talked about her own abortion with her doctors after they discovered anencephaly on the baby’s ultrasound during her third pregnancy last year. She worried her out-of-state trip to end the pregnancy could jeopardize her medical license or invite harassment against her and her husband, also an OB-GYN. Dennard was inspired to go public with her case when one of her own patients joined the original lawsuit filed in March after traveling to Colorado to abort a twin fetus diagnosed with a life-threatening genetic disorder.
    https://apnews.com/article/texas-abo...177f88172ce7b8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ThE bAbY hAs No BrAiN bUt It StIlL hAs A sOuL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, 80% of evangelicals have no brains either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Texas abortion ban denies women appropriate medical care for complications of pregnancy and puts their lives needlessly at risk.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Texas abortion ban denies women appropriate medical care for complications of pregnancy and puts their lives needlessly at risk.

My stepsister was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy a few weeks ago, and basically just had to wait. Her sons first birthday was Saturday, and it ruptured as his party started. She had to have her right fallopian tube removed, could have died, and may not be able to have more children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My stepsister was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy a few weeks ago, and basically just had to wait. Her sons first birthday was Saturday, and it ruptured as his party started. She had to have her right fallopian tube removed, could have died, and may not be able to have more children.
    I'm glad she didn't die, so sorry this happened to your family.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's really ed up, sorry she had to go through this.

Republicans are sociopaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa

The 3-3 split — Justice Dana Oxley was recused from the case — means the district court's order is affirmed and that the law will remain permanently blocked.
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s/70325858007/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when Missouri’s abortion ban took effect after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last year, Barnes and Taves decided to fight back. Along with rabbis and ministers across several denominations, they joined a first-of-its-kind lawsuit arguing Missouri blurred the line between church and state, imposed a particular Christian idea of when life begins over the beliefs of other denominations, and threatened their ability to practice their religions.

As the nation nears the one year anniversary of the fall of Roe, the Missouri case is one of nearly a dozen challenges to abortion restrictions filed by clergy members and prac ioners of everything from Judaism to Satanism that are now making their way through state and federal courts — a strategy that aims to restore access to the procedure and chip away at the assumption that all religious people oppose abortion.

In fact, many of the lawsuits are wielding religious protection laws enacted by anti-abortion state officials to target those officials’ own restrictions on the procedure.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...-bans-00102468

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Despite the best efforts of Republican prudes, people are still ing, and they don't like the government forcing 40-week pregnancies on them as punishment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rapist was just sentenced to life in prison, Watters now fills Tucker Carlson's 8pm time slot on Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covering up preventable deaths caused by the abortion ban

The rate of pregnancy-related deaths in Idaho remains high, according to the latest annual report published by a committee studying maternal deaths in the state.

The release of the report comes just as the maternal mortality review committee, or MMRC, has officially terminated its work, after the Idaho Legislature declined to remove its June 30, 2023 sunset date.

The latest report, analyzing deaths that occurred in 2021, will be the committee’s last, unless new legislation is passed allowing its work to continue. This leaves Idaho as the only state without a maternal mortality review committee.

For four years, the committee made up of doctors, social workers, coroners, emergency personnel and more, studied each death that occurred during pregnancy or within a year after, in an effort to eliminate preventable maternal deaths, as well as health problems that result from being pregnant or giving birth.

Of the 42 pregnancy-associated deaths the committee analyzed between 2018 and 2021, all but one – or 98% – were found to be preventable.
    https://www.boisestatepublicradio.or...ittee-dissolve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa passes six week abortion ban. Iowa now has forced birth for children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State District Judge Jessica Mangrum’s ruling granted a temporary injunction that prevents Texas from enforcing the ban against physicians who in their “good faith judgment” end a pregnancy that, because of complications, creates a risk of infection or is otherwise unsafe for the woman to continue.

The injunction also applies to women who have a condition “exacerbated by pregnancy” who can’t be effectively treated during their term. It also covers cases where the fetus has a condition that makes it unlikely to survive after birth

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...4c5f0001777ec7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in right

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa passes six week abortion ban. Iowa now has forced birth for children.

So lets flip the script on your statement, Wine Ho,,,since you want to be so dramatic,,,,it would read Iowa now has forced death for children,,,,you ok with that? You tell me what sounds better,,,forced birth for children or forced death for children,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like either. I believe I commented on Iowa upstream, do you read through threads sometimes?

Just curious.

Thread Information