Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think men should pay child support for an unwanted pregnancy either, but that argument sort of goes away if you make it overly bersome for the woman to terminate the pregnancy.

So not sure why people like Nathan are more vocal about abortion than they are about banning forced child support.

Wait, yes I am...

Forced child support should not exist in a world with abortion. Agreed. That's not going to gain any momentum on either side of the political spectrum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forced child support should not exist in a world with abortion. Agreed. That's not going to gain any momentum on either side of the political spectrum.
    nm, this is just a silly distraction

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minority rule, is that democracy?

LOL ever confusing the hole United States with a democracy. The nation was built on slavery and genocide, founded by slavers. Rule by the elite in direct opposition to the people is par for the course here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL ever confusing the hole United States with a democracy. The nation was built on slavery and genocide, founded by slavers. Rule by the elite in direct opposition to the people is par for the course here.
    I don't disagree, in fact that's sort of what I wanted to draw attention to.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allowing the states to decide is a fair compromise.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The polled opinion should not matter to the Supreme Court.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fair is really an understatement. These depraved people will ruin that in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    making this about men's rights is hilariously off-target

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overturning laws just because they don't like them should matter.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither is overturning a legitimate election but that didn't stop you guys from flag-trucking all the way to DC. Try harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minority rule, is that democracy?

This is ing staggering

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supreme Court leak shows how far liberals will go to achieve their political ends: Severino

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also why?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Protesting forced child support is too hard, better just force women to shut down their lives for 40 weeks to teach them a lesson about having sex."

Incel logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ing staggering
    How so?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Force child support in a world with abortion should not be allowed. This is what was stated. This is a more logically consistent world.

The above is literally irrelevant to abortion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm naive. I like to think we're more representative than this. It's not even control by elites. It's uneducated, ignorant, evangelicals in suburban and ex-urban areas imposing their morals and re ed world view on the majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's "vote for more Dems" take is terrible. Punting to voters is ridiculous when Dems have Congressional majorities and the presidency. If they have any stones, they'll do more than fundraise off this. Not holding my breath.
    I agree. They don't want to fix it. they just want to get the base fired up to vote for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm naive. I like to think we're more representative than this. It's not even control by elites. It's uneducated, ignorant, evangelicals in suburban and ex-urban areas imposing their morals and re ed world view on the majority.
    Meh it's evangelicals being useful idiots for the elites, still control by the elites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also claimed that the cons ution doesn’t mention “abortion.” That’s an originalist argument. Do you still think that’s a good basis for this opinion, and if so, why are we acting like it’s 1776 in the year 2020?

I also responded to the elected official business
    The 1776 cons ution made allowances for cons utional amendments at later dates and it has been effectively used. Your locked in "1776" claim is bogus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1776 cons ution made allowances for cons utional amendments at later dates and it has been effectively used. Your locked in "1776" claim is bogus.
    Very good. One of those amendments was the 14th, which abrogated the states' ability to restrict or infringe upon rights that weren't enumerated in the original cons ution or bill or rights. In light of that amendment, why does the cons ution's failure to mention "abortion" have any legal relevance whatsoever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh it's evangelicals being useful idiots for the elites, still control by the elites.
    Evangelicals didn't pivot to abortion until the late seventies when the IRS started revoking the tax-exempt status of "charitable" segregation academies in the south; they knew fighting for segregation wasn't a good look, abortion was a useful wedge issue to rally behind to beat Jimmy Carter, as well as to drive conservative Catholics into the movement.

I have always felt that it was only after a child was born and had life separate from its mother that it became an individual person, and it has always, therefore, seemed to me that what is best for the mother and for the future should be allowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good. One of those amendments was the 14th, which abrogated the states' ability to restrict or infringe upon rights that weren't enumerated in the original cons ution or bill or rights. In light of that amendment, why does the cons ution's failure to mention "abortion" have any legal relevance whatsoever?
    Abortion was legal in 1787

The enumeration in the Cons ution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evangelicals didn't pivot to abortion until the late seventies when the IRS started revoking the tax-exempt status of "charitable" segregation academies in the south; they knew fighting for segregation wasn't a good look, abortion was a useful wedge issue to rally behind to beat Jimmy Carter, as well as to drive conservative Catholics into the movement.
    Yeah could only run implicitly on segregation by then. No more nigger, nigger, nigger.

Thread Information