Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2628
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abortion is medical care.

At 6:30 a.m. on August 2, nearly 18 weeks into her pregnancy, Mylissa Farmer experienced what doctors call a preterm premature rupture of membranes — her water broke before labor, followed by vaginal bleeding, abdominal pressure and cramping.

She went to Freeman Hospital in Joplin, where she'd been just the day before. Everything had been normal then. She and her boyfriend, Matthew McNeill, had already picked out a name for their daughter: Maeve.

But the doctors had devastating news for them on Aug. 2.

If Maeve was delivered right then, chances of survival at 17 weeks and 5 days were zero, according to the assessment and plan section of Farmer's medical records outlining the visit. And the outcome wasn't much better if they tried to hold off on delivery.

The doctors recommended terminating the pregnancy, but 39 days after the state of Missouri banned abortions, that wasn't an option, at least not in Missouri.

A year ago, the hospital could have offered a chance for the couple to say goodbye and hold their daughter, even though they knew she wouldn't survive outside the womb.

Instead, Farmer and McNeill were left to make a series of trips across three states and countless phone calls.
    https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...m/10366865002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abortion is medical care.

Christo fascist misogynist fascists don't give the tiniest ,

Alito even saying christo fascist SCOTUS6 can't know AND DOESN'T CARE what effects their rulings have, like damaged, dead women for lack of maternal health care.

They DON'T ING CARE

(non-oligarchy) America is ed and un able

Rulings in the next SCOTUS session will even further deeply damage America and Americans,

while the Fed millionaires fire a couple million low wagers and a few 1000 small companies.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-14-2022 at 11:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amanda continues to face long-term implications from the bacterial infection and is undergoing surgery next week. "The scar tissue in my uterus is so severe that they have to go in to surgically remove it," she says. "And that is a result of the infection that I developed because I had to wait three days to get healthcare."
    https://people.com/health/texas-woma...form-abortion/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mothers are disposable period, but so are their babies after they're born. The lack of concrete support and care for families puts the lie to shrill cries about the sanc y of life.

The committees are at work in almost 40 states in the U.S. and in the latest and largest compilation of such data, released in September by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a staggering 84% of pregnancy-related deaths were deemed preventable.

Even more striking to nurse-detectives like Sheffield-Abdullah, is that 53% of the deaths occurred well after women left the hospital, between seven days and a year after delivery.
    "We are so baby focused," she says. "Once the baby is here, it's almost like the mother is discarded. Like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. The mom is the wrapper, and the baby is the candy. Once you remove the wrapper, you just discard the wrapper. And what we really need to be thinking about is that fourth trimester, that time after the baby is born."

Mental health conditions were the leading underlying cause of maternal deaths between 2017 and 2019, with white and Hispanic women most likely to die from suicide or drug overdose, while cardiac problems were the leading cause of death for Black women. Both conditions occur disproportionately later in the postpartum period, according to the CDC report.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ths-prevention

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mothers are disposable period, but so are their babies after they're born. The lack of concrete support and care for families puts the lie to shrill cries about the sanc y of life.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ths-prevention
    Abortion is uncons utional. If you can't protect life then how can you protect liberty? Therefore, it was the correct decision to make this a state matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If abortion is uncons utional it isn't a state matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol taking away women's bodily autonomy and access to medical care, then whining that you're the real victim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MTG flees interview after telling a woman she's too old to have an opinion on abortion

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...on-on-abortion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rio Grande Valley abortion clinic bought by anti-abortion pregnancy center

Whole Woman’s Health, which owned the building for nearly two decades,

said they were “duped” after the doctors

who bought the building sold it to the McAllen Pregnancy Center.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11...crisis-center/

christo fascist power-hungry bags

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry incels, yall ain't ing no one down anyhow.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ virgin projection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ virgin projection
    Tell that to my lady tbh.

You dumbass incels are bigMAD!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't make any sense. You'd know this if you were sexually active.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking away access to appropriate medical care and bodily autonomy for half the country won't be consequence free.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...n-rights-2024/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans seethe with contempt for popular sovereignty. That resentment lies at the bottom of the "republic, not a democracy" motto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why a Georgia Judge Roasted Alito’s Decision Overturning Roe v. Wade

Behind the scorching rhetoric lay an important point about precedent and accountability

On Tuesday, Georgia Superior Court Judge Robert C.I. McBurney struck down Georgia’s six-week abortion ban in a thundering decision that, at least for now, restores Georgia residents’ right to choose.

a footnote that assailed the Supreme Court’s 5–4 reversal of Roe v. Wade as the product of “basic math” rather than “some mystical higher wisdom.”

At first glance, this passage might appear to be a gratuitous potshot at the five justices who overturned Roe.

But it is actually crucial to McBurney’s entire cons utional analysis—

as well as his counterintuitive assertion that the state legislature may easily and lawfully reenact the exact law that he just struck down.

they zeroed in on a theory long recognized under Georgia law called the “void ab initio” doctrine.

Under this rule, which is at least 122 years old,

a statute’s cons utionality must be assessed based on “the date of its passage.”

If a statute was uncons utional when signed into law, it is permanently uncons utional and “forever void.”

This principle is not just some technicality;

it is so well established that the Georgia Supreme Court has created special rules for its application when the state adopts a new cons ution.

“At that time—the spring of 2019—everywhere in America, including Georgia,

it was unequivocally uncons utional” to outlaw pre-viability abortions.

That means that the LIFE Act “did not become the law of Georgia when it was enacted and it is not the law of Georgia now.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/11/georgia-six-week-abortion-ban-blocked-alito.html?via=rss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm

In early June 2014, an Ohio couple who were Mr. Schenck’s star donors shared a meal with Justice Alito and his wife, Martha-Ann. A day later, Gayle Wright, one of the pair, contacted Mr. Schenck, according to an email reviewed by The Times. “Rob, if you want some interesting news please call. No emails,” she wrote.

Mr. Schenck said Mrs. Wright told him that the decision would be favorable to Hobby Lobby, and that Justice Alito had written the majority opinion. Three weeks later, that’s exactly what happened.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/us/supreme-court-leak-abortion-roe-wade.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If men want there to be fewer abortions, they need to take more responsibility for their role in conception.

In her taut, 143-page manifesto, Blair lays out 28 potent, plainspoken supporting arguments calling for greater male responsibility. She begins with simple biology—the fact that “men are 50 times more fertile than women”—making it nonsensical to place “the burden of pregnancy prevention on the person who is fertile for 24 hours a month, instead of the person who is fertile 24 hours a day, every day of their life.”

The author, a pro-choice Mormon mother of six, goes on to contrast the difficulty in accessing and using female contraception (from the pill to the patch, IUDs, and others) with the fact that male birth control—chiefly condoms and vasectomies—is “easier, cheaper, more convenient, safer, and more effective than birth control options for women."

Okay, well, what about men’s birth control? Why aren’t more men getting vasectomies or at the very least using a condom? That’s not a big ask. I could see really clearly that condoms are the opposite of women’s birth control as far as ease, accessibility, affordability, no side effects, no physical exam. You don’t need to wear one if you’re not gonna have sex that day. All the inconveniences just disappear.

You really highlight this disparity: how much of the burden is on women versus men, despite how much easier it is for men to prevent pregnancy—

…And how much more fertile they are! They’re fertile from puberty till death. Forever. Ovulation is completely unpredictable. Even if you have a very regular cycle, there’s a 10-day window where you can ovulate, and yet we are totally focused on trying to control this 12 to 24 hours....

...If someone wants there to be no abortions, great, we actually know how to reduce abortions. It’s not magic. It’s free and easily available birth control. It’s free vasectomies, it’s really excellent, age-appropriate sex ed at every grade level.

https://www.vogue.com/article/ejacul...lair-interview

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-abortion movement overturned Roe — and only reduced abortions by 6%

If we examine surveys of Americans who do have abortions, about

three-quarters of them cite an inability to afford another child as among their reasons.

a steady stream of horror stories in conservative states: preteen rape survivors who have to flee across state lines;

women with wanted but totally unviable pregnancies who
    have to do the same;

people whose pregnancies threaten to kill them but

can’t get care until they are on the brink of death. The list goes on and on.

while abortions have dropped by 12,500 per month in states with new restrictions (or old ones that came into force),

they have increased by 7,140 per month in states without them.

In total, monthly abortions dropped from about 85,000 to about 79,600.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/states-allow-abortion-economic-advantage-rcna58358

The fascist Christians aren't done, yet

When Repugs control all 3 branches

-- surgery abortion criminalized, including the women

-- medication abortion criminalized

-- contraception criminalized

btw, 30% of US hospitals are now "Catholic" so there of course no abortion until mother is near death (and severely damaged), no tubal ligations, no vasectomies, etc.

Banning abortion will hurt the poor the most, about whom the elitist, millionaire SCOTUS6 doesn't GAFF
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-06-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An Anti-Abortion Group Is Suing a Man for Money His Dead Father Allegedly Donated

The man has accused the group of knowing his father intended to die by suicide.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy79...uicide-lawsuit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D&C is a standard treatment for miscarriage.

Denying women prompt medical care will result in people dying. It has already caused entirely avoidable suffering.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reducing Abortion Access May Increase Suicide Rates In Young Women

https://www.iflscience.com/reducing-abortion-access-may-increase-suicide-rates-in-young-women-study-finds-66911

The Christian Nationalists / Catholic misogynists of SCOTUS don't ING CARE. -- Alito

Thread Information