Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseas...midfoot-injury

Sounds bad, and guessing from the one year timeline it *sounds like* he’s having surgery (Open Reduction Internal Fixation) with hardware put in that can frequently lead to arthritis and chronic pain. But more info will hopefully come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the thunder still have to pay all this years 9.8 million dollar salary if he was not playing in a NBA sanctioned game ?
    lol Thunder for even allowing him to play in these re ed games. NBA should do something about it and cut his pay by a lot, cause of this bull .

This was a SANCTIONED game. He won’t lose out on anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly why playing in useless pro-am games in the summer is a stupid idea.

If you wanna go represent your country in the World Cup or Olympics, by all means. But going to some ty college gym filled with rowdy fans for Instagram views....dumb.

OKC's franchise trajectory just changed because this guy wanted to pretend like he was in Hustle.
    It got better tbh.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC on a very good track to have Chet and Wembanyama now.

They, along with their recent draft picks and SGA, will likely dominate the league for a decade. I swear I loathe OKC almost as much as I do OU.
    hope so. we can see who will be injured more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It got better tbh.
    Players don't always come back from this. It's gotten better over the years, but it isn't 100% all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players don't always come back from this. It's gotten better over the years, but it isn't 100% all the time.
    I never saw Chet as a franchise player tbh. To me this is more akin to Bol Bol than Greg Oden. In the meantime OKC continues to be a bottom 3 team and gets a better shot at VW or other top talent. It’s not good news but has potential to be a blessing in disguise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron steps on the non injured foot which apprears to throw off Chets other foot leading to injury.
    Check the 5 second mark. Helps to blow it up and slow it down.

Not blaming Lebron at all. Foolish move by Chet trying to get a block in on Lebron in meaningless game.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never saw Chet as a franchise player tbh. To me this is more akin to Bol Bol than Greg Oden. In the meantime OKC continues to be a bottom 3 team and gets a better shot at VW or other top talent. It’s not good news but has potential to be a blessing in disguise.
    I think the Holmgren situation is much closer to Oden than Bol due to where all those players were drafted. Oden was an utter disaster not only because he wasn't very good but mainly that the Blazers could have had KD, while Bol Bol was a second round pick. The Thunder could have had Smith/Murray/Ivey/etc.

Of course the Thunder couldn't know that this kind of injury would have happened, let alone before he ever even took the floor for an NBA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all accounts Chet was looking good all summer league long.

All around game as advertized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Holmgren situation is much closer to Oden than Bol due to where all those players were drafted. Oden was an utter disaster not only because he wasn't very good but mainly that the Blazers could have had KD, while Bol Bol was a second round pick. The Thunder could have had Smith/Murray/Ivey/etc.

Of course the Thunder couldn't know that this kind of injury would have happened, let alone before he ever even took the floor for an NBA game.
    Yeah, I was more getting at pre injuries for all 3 (the timing of their injuries complicates a draft positioning debate) Greg Oden looked more like a franchise altering player relative to Bol Bol and Chet.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per minute, Oden played better than Durant the first two seasons, and is 4th in WS/48 among his draft class. [Splitter is 3rd.]
    In ulative WS, Oden is 25th in his draft class.
    When Oden played, he was very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per minute, Oden played better than Durant the first two seasons, and is 4th in WS/48 among his draft class. [Splitter is 3rd.]
    In ulative WS, Oden is 25th in his draft class.
    When Oden played, he was very good.
    A healthy Oden, during that era was a certain franchise player and that’s not to take away from KD or go into draft position etc. To me Chet has such an intriguing package that he certainly could become a cornerstone but you could have said the same about Bol Bol pre injury. Ppl fall in love with metrics in hopes for the next unicorn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    = fragile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Holmgren's frame he's more prone than the guards Murray and Derozan.

Looks like OK will be one of the 3 lottery spots next draft. Spurs just need to battle two other teams to get one of those remaining 2 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Holmgren's frame he's more prone than the guards Murray and Derozan.

Looks like OK will be one of the 3 lottery spots next draft. Spurs just need to battle two other teams to get one of those remaining 2 spots.
    Not how the lottery odds work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Holmgren isn't playing this year, will he battle it out with Wembanyama next year for rookie of the year ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine OKC next year with a frontline of Wembanyama and Holmgren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine OKC next year with a frontline of Wembanyama and Holmgren.
    The Toothpick Towers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how it all works. The 76ers are on their way for a second three-peat. Wait what
    Yeah, wait whut...

76ers exhibited pure incompetence. Including from Brett Brown. Only 1 WCF appearance in 10+ years.

Despite the half decade of actually tanking for "the process," and all those high draft picks, basically the only competent player they ended up with after all of it was Embiid. That's draft incompetence and front office mismanagement. And sadly, there are several incompetent teams and front offices.

Until the past couple years, I never thought the Spurs would ever even sniff that level of poor decision making.. OKC has made gold from the pile of they've been given. Maintaining a crazy number of picks while getting better through the draft AND trades.

So yes, that's how it works for competent teams. Just wish I was sure if PATFO was still part of that level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh God, who could have foreseen this? Oh wait...
    On a serious note, I've been skeptical of him for precisely this from day 1, but I didn't think he'd have problems THIS soon. Sucks for 2 reasons: 1) he seems like a nice, smart young man, and this is a tough blow. 2) Yet another reason for OKC to tank on.
    Anyway, I hope he fully recovers as soon as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay outta our tank thunder!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder could be building another trio of KD/Westbrook/Harden with Chet/SGA and potentially Victor, plus the 50 something FRP’s that they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, wait whut...

76ers exhibited pure incompetence. Including from Brett Brown. Only 1 WCF appearance in 10+ years.

Despite the half decade of actually tanking for "the process," and all those high draft picks, basically the only competent player they ended up with after all of it was Embiid. That's draft incompetence and front office mismanagement. And sadly, there are several incompetent teams and front offices.

Until the past couple years, I never thought the Spurs would ever even sniff that level of poor decision making.. OKC has made gold from the pile of they've been given. Maintaining a crazy number of picks while getting better through the draft AND trades.

So yes, that's how it works for competent teams. Just wish I was sure if PATFO was still part of that level
    you really think okc is hitting that sweet spot of good players that raise the win total, but not so good that they can't pay? OKC won't pay luxury tax so they won't dominate for years like golden state. add to that they have to know when to cash out on their pick haul for disgruntled stars and it's no guarantee teams won't low ball them knowing the clock is ticking or they pick the wrong star. is wemby going to be better than jokic? because jokic is a hOF guy and can't get his team past the dreaded pretenders level. same with luka.

Top ten picks are also more expensive. and they don't like being ed with on extensions. okc will have to trade their guys, ROBY was an easy cast off, there will be more.

altogether, the odds of okc being a playoff team vs a rich mans Sacramento or Orlando are at best even, likely poorer.

you call phiily incompetent, but have you looked at bust odds for lottery picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think okc is hitting that sweet spot of good players that raise the win total, but not so good that they can't pay? OKC won't pay luxury tax so they won't dominate for years like golden state. add to that they have to know when to cash out on their pick haul for disgruntled stars and it's no guarantee teams won't low ball them knowing the clock is ticking or they pick the wrong star. is wemby going to be better than jokic? because jokic is a hOF guy and can't get his team past the dreaded pretenders level. same with luka.

Top ten picks are also more expensive. and they don't like being ed with on extensions. okc will have to trade their guys, ROBY was an easy cast off, there will be more.

altogether, the odds of okc being a playoff team vs a rich mans Sacramento or Orlando are at best even, likely poorer.

you call phiily incompetent, but have you looked at bust odds for lottery picks?
    Good reply. Yes I think OKC's drafting will put them in position to win eventually. And yes you're right they will also continue to shed dead weight which are still good players to prevent getting close to the luxury tax until they're sure they have a star. Poku will likely be next to go unless he shows out this year. But they can afford to do that with the quality and quan y of picks they have.

The only reason OKC might not reach the promised land is because they can't compete on the third tier of player acquisition: free agency.

No one is beating down their door to go to OKC. And that won't change unless they get a generational talent like Wembanyama. And Chet comes back to be the player he was drafted to be. If they build it, other players will come.

But those guys have at least 4 pieces right now, including Chet, that make them a team to watch for future success, especially if they land yet another stud in next year's draft now. They should have been out of the running for that top spot. Now they'll have at worst a really ing good player in the 22-23 draft, to go along with SGA, Giddey, Dort, Chet, Poku, Dieng, Both the Williams. Etc.

Their roster is simply primed for greatness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder could be building another trio of KD/Westbrook/Harden with Chet/SGA and potentially Victor, plus the 50 something FRP’s that they have.
    In what conceptual universe do you imagine Holmgren and SGA are even close to the talents of the previous three players?

Thread Information