He's the new GOAT PF tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he is not Santiago...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Kobe is not a top 10 all time tbh...

His death is doing more his legacy than his actual numbers

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will need to step under Tatum or Brown like he did to Kyrie last year when they were down 2-0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's good but the league is soft right now. Lebron, KD, and the Warriors are all out of phase with their usual performances. The Freak is very good, but he's in the right place at the right time. Taking nothing away from him or his team, they won. He's not interesting enough and they aren't juggernaut enough to be considered GOAT anything.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    no he is not Santiago...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's good but the league is soft right now. Lebron, KD, and the Warriors are all out of phase with their usual performances. The Freak is very good, but he's in the right place at the right time. Taking nothing away from him or his team, they won. He's not interesting enough and they aren't juggernaut enough to be considered GOAT anything.
    So was Jim. He was NBA ref-protected. So much so that when FIBA refs allowed physical play, Jim led Team USA to a Bronze Medal.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Jokes aside, if he goes back2back and then follows it up with another within a few more years after this one, his career is trending towards a legitimate debate with Duncan for GOATPF. At this point, even if he were to go B2B, it's not enough simply because the longevity of success isn't there. If he won this year and then retired, no. Not enough.

But again, 3 les total say by 2025 or 2026, there should be a conversation to be had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was Jim. He was NBA ref-protected. So much so that when FIBA refs allowed physical play, Jim led Team USA to a Bronze Medal.
    But the Spurs still won Gold. Kobe, not so much.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pepe please

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Giannis is best player in NBA. One man wrecking crew reminiscent of past NBA where paint play ruled.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He's good but the league is soft right now. Lebron, KD, and the Warriors are all out of phase with their usual performances. The Freak is very good, but he's in the right place at the right time. Taking nothing away from him or his team, they won.
    sounds kind of like the era mj dominated tbqhfwiw but no one wants to acknowledge that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds kind of like the era mj dominated tbqhfwiw but no one wants to acknowledge that
    Outside of the Dream Team, yeah. John Starks (poor man's Corey Joseph) got big minutes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The freak is totally likeable and loyal to a franchise like the Goat lite (Duncan - Kareem is the GOAT) so easy to root for. Go Bucks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jokes aside, if he goes back2back and then follows it up with another within a few more years after this one, his career is trending towards a legitimate debate with Duncan for GOATPF. At this point, even if he were to go B2B, it's not enough simply because the longevity of success isn't there. If he won this year and then retired, no. Not enough.

But again, 3 les total say by 2025 or 2026, there should be a conversation to be had.
    Can’t disagree…
    Positional Lines are blurred really.
    Tim was more of a center especially as he aged
    Giannis is a pF small ball center in closing lineups but is almost a SF to start games and is developing into a LeBron lite on offense. Do again I don’t disagree with premise but if we gonna say Giannis is a PF based in his roles than Timmy really is a center and he would not be the goat there and maybe not even top 5 tbh.
    As far as comparing the two directly Tim especially young Tim had the better lost post game, mid, the bankers and a underrated handle. Duncan the better post anchor but Gianni’s a more versatile defender. Gianni’s is the superior athlete better in transition and attacks the paint with more consistent force. Tim the better rebounder but Giannis the better passer. But struggle with FTs but Giannis is steadily increasing his range. At PF it’s Tim even with a repeat by Giannis.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowhere close to Duncan, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not even in the same league (yet).

crazy how fast people anoint modern day players as all time greats.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ran outta steam. He doesn't play the game the right way, doesn't score in a pretty way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, I jinxed my mans

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    not even in the same league (yet).

crazy how fast people anoint modern day players as all time greats.
    1) no one anointed him, it was a hypothetical

2) giannis already is an all time great, no matter what happens the rest of his career. he could retire right now and would be a top 30 all time player. anything else he does the rest of his career just adds to the part of his legacy which has already been set in stone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop quoting me. your takes are bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) no one anointed him, it was a hypothetical

2) giannis already is an all time great, no matter what happens the rest of his career. he could retire right now and would be a top 30 all time player. anything else he does the rest of his career just adds to the part of his legacy which has already been set in stone.
    I disagree with this. Who does he bump out of the top 30?

Thread Information