Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never liked that Pop wanted to get rid of Green, but he been in trade rumors all of that season. Left the Spurs with a hole at the 2 and the Bryn Forbes era began...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massai is your real DADDY. Doc is just your step DADDY.
    Closet Raptors fan boy with played out, lame "comebacks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never liked that Pop wanted to get rid of Green, but he been in trade rumors all of that season. Left the Spurs with a hole at the 2 and the Bryn Forbes era began...
    Green wanted out. He enjoyed his social life and success more than Pop liked I bet. For ppl saying Green was done do ya’ll remember how clutch he was to close out the Rockets in 2017?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had an option and everyone thought he;d opt out. then he didn't and the spurs were mad at paying his last year. The hole was about them wanting to move on to get a cheaper role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green wanted out. He enjoyed his social life and success more than Pop liked I bet. For ppl saying Green was done do ya’ll remember how clutch he was to close out the Rockets in 2017?
    playoff Danny was always a different beast. He's somebody you can count on in important games. Pop clearly wanted to get rid of him which didn't make sense since they didn't have a replacement for him. Instead Pop went on to start Bryn Forbes for 2 seasons straight and we all knew how that went

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bennnnoooooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, that trade looks a lot better tbh. Johnson looks like he might be a future star, Poeltl is an above average starting center and they flipped DeRozan for what turned out to be the Bulls 2025 first, the 20th and 38th pick in the draft. Worked out pretty well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playoff Danny was always a different beast. He's somebody you can count on in important games. Pop clearly wanted to get rid of him which didn't make sense since they didn't have a replacement for him. Instead Pop went on to start Bryn Forbes for 2 seasons straight and we all knew how that went
    When they traded Green they also had White in the pipeline so I think that factored into it.

Still think he should have been traded separately. That was another case of bad asset management from PATFO. PATFO was absolutely atrocious from 2017 till the 2021 trade deadline.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, that trade looks a lot better tbh. Johnson looks like he might be a future star, Poeltl is an above average starting center and they flipped DeRozan for what turned out to be the Bulls 2025 first, the 20th and 38th pick in the draft. Worked out pretty well
    In reality Poeltl is just an average center, Johnson is no where near a star currently and uncertain if he will improve much more than what he is now, the future draft picks are still unknown if they will be anything special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DG is a good piece on a contender, thought it was the right time for him to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DG is a good piece on a contender, thought it was the right time for him to go
    I think he and Pop had reached a point of parting ways.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was no longer a fit with a rebuild.

It was time to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was no longer a fit with a rebuild.

It was time to go.
    We weren’t rebuilding though? Even though we should have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a top 10 center. These don’t just grow on trees. A former all star as a SG and a top 10 center and KJ. If anything we ripped them off.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a top 10 center. These don’t just grow on trees. A former all star as a SG and a top 10 center and KJ. If anything we ripped them off.
    No, they got a championship out of it while the Spurs are a non playoff team with all the so called talent they got back. Well worth it to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors ripped off the Spurs. They got a le out of the trade and now are still a playoff team with a promising young player in Barnes along with still having Siakam and Vanvleet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors ripped off the Spurs. They got a le out of the trade and now are still a playoff team with a promising young player in Barnes along with still having Siakam and Vanvleet.
    and OG. We could have drafted Keldon at 19. We also developed Jak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longtime no see.

That's not how these things work though and looking slightly better than at first blush isn't the same as it being so much as decent. His true value should have been commensurate with the Pelicans haul for Davis.

It was an absolute embarrassment of the highest order all the way around from S bag's antics to the Spurs caving to Silver, who's lack of a backbone and foresight led to it being open season on small markets in recent years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you've watched Danny Green at all you'd realize he's fvcking terrible these days. He can barely move around out there. He's stiff-legged and most of the time his shot is way off even if the other team is giving him open looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don’t let Green have the ball on a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they got a championship out of it while the Spurs are a non playoff team with all the so called talent they got back. Well worth it to them.
    Poeltl isn’t the reason why we aren’t a contender. He’s a legit top 10 center and should be a perennial DPOY candidate according to defensive metrics. He’s also our most important player and a winner. Period. He’s also on an amazing contract that he has exceeded in value.

If you trade back the Chi FRP, the Boston pick, and filler for Lavine then we have a top 5 PG, top 10 C, and top 5 SG. We will also have a sharpshooter in KJ who is gonna be in next years MIP contention. That’s a le contender here in the West anyways.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor, WAR

Danny Green since Toronto

21-22 #125 3.2 Danny Green, Josh Hart, Austin Reaves, Gabe Vincent
    20-21 #37 6.2 Danny Green, Royce O'Neal, Ben Simmons
    19-20 #24 6.6 Danny Green

Playoffs

21-22 (in progress) #38 0.7 OG Anunoby, Jordan Claxson, Pat Connaughton, Rudy Gobert, Danny Green, Jrue Holiday, CJ McCollum, Otto Porter Jr, Karl-Anthony Towns
    20-21 #44 0.8 Bojan Bogdanovic, Danny Green, George Hill, Cameron Johnson, Marcus Morris Jr.
    19-20 #15 1.9 Danny Green, Donovan Mitc

Thread Information