Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have no problem with a game at the alamodome but i'm really hoping that they do the retro spurs jerseys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Final Four will be in San Antonio again in 3 years too.

while the alamodome is not the greatest facility, it's a good size for the final four. what really sells SA for the final four is the location, something lost on nelson wolff when he decided to place the AT&T center in an isolated area. reporters, coaches and fans all love the amount of hotels and restaurants are well within walking distance of the alamodome. the weather helps too.
    Last edited by rjv; 05-10-2022 at 03:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to see SA getting another Final Four coming up. I will say in favor of the Alamodome is the logistics are fantastic it's just one your inside for the game that the layout and how vacuous the building is becomes a draw back.

I was living in stone oak and drove to what must've been rolling oaks for an official city bus park and ride for the event. then the Alamodome has these perfect transit unloading bays with stairs up to the venue. pretty sweet setup. I remember pouring out after the game and winding up on the riverwalk which was a crazy celebration. very smooth operation.

Also remember lol the 2007 NBA Championship Parade being on the Riverwalk with the players in boat floats on a river parade. That was the wildest party man we got our spot on the riverwalk early with a bag full of booze and partied all day long. After the parade the team invited everyone to the Alamodome for a reception party and we all just walked straight there from the riverwalk.

Pretty nice logistics all right there with the restaurants and hotels and a great pedestrian path between the two, not a bad footprint if you were looking to leave the ATT Center at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to see SA getting another Final Four coming up. I will say in favor of the Alamodome is the logistics are fantastic it's just one your inside for the game that the layout and how vacuous the building is becomes a draw back.

I was living in stone oak and drove to what must've been rolling oaks for an official city bus park and ride for the event. then the Alamodome has these perfect transit unloading bays with stairs up to the venue. pretty sweet setup. I remember pouring out after the game and winding up on the riverwalk which was a crazy celebration. very smooth operation.

Also remember lol the 2007 NBA Championship Parade being on the Riverwalk with the players in boat floats on a river parade. That was the wildest party man we got our spot on the riverwalk early with a bag full of booze and partied all day long. After the parade the team invited everyone to the Alamodome for a reception party and we all just walked straight there from the riverwalk.

Pretty nice logistics all right there with the restaurants and hotels and a great pedestrian path between the two, not a bad footprint if you were looking to leave the ATT Center at some point.
    Leave the ATT for that drafty barn? They left that barn for the ATT, and have never looked back. You may not like it, but I assure you that the Spurs like all of the luxury boxes, and they like actually owning the concessions, not watching Red McCombs run off with that money every game, even after he sold the team. Things were so bad that the Spurs had to borrow money, like $6M, from Sean Elliott just to stay afloat for the last year or two. They're never moving back there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought the Alamodome footprint is viable logistics wise but the issue is the facility would obvs be completely renovated and modernized which if you wanted out of the ATT Center and were looking at options that might be within the realm of consideration but I know it's trickier than that with building codes and tons of city stuff to need to work out, money and even interest in doing so.

But ATT is out on an island and the development never crept outward like possibly hoped and I wonder what's on the table long term in at least a preliminary survey of options moving forward not that I think anyone is seriously considering a move currently or that there are any real talks going on now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought the Alamodome footprint is viable logistics wise but the issue is the facility would obvs be completely renovated and modernized which if you wanted out of the ATT Center and were looking at options that might be within the realm of consideration but I know it's trickier than that with building codes and tons of city stuff to need to work out, money and even interest in doing so.

But ATT is out on an island and the development never crept outward like possibly hoped and I wonder what's on the table long term in at least a preliminary survey of options moving forward not that I think anyone is seriously considering a move currently or that there are any real talks going on now.
    Red McCombs owns all of the concessions in the Alamodome. He will until it's knocked down. Do you understand what that means to any pro team, basketball or football?

It's also a massively ty place to watch basketball. All of the seat sight lines are designed to look at the 50 yard line, and that's behind the big ugly blue curtain. It's a football stadium. They do put money into it, and renovate it from time to time, but that's not going to stop it from being a football stadium. The Spurs are never moving back there.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while the alamodome is not the greatest facility, it's a good size for the final four. what really sells SA for the final four is the location, something lost on nelson wolff when he decided to place the AT&T center in an isolated area. reporters, coaches and fans all love the amount of hotels and restaurants are well within walking distance of the alamodome. the weather helps too.
    Once the city refused to subsidize the Spurs to their liking, the county stepped in and offered the land around Freeman Coliseum for an arena as part of their deal. It's pretty much the only reason the Spurs stayed in town. It will be nice if a new arena is built downtown in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the city refused to subsidize the Spurs to their liking, the county stepped in and offered the land around Freeman Coliseum for an arena as part of their deal. It's pretty much the only reason the Spurs stayed in town. It will be nice if a new arena is built downtown in the future.
    I have no objections to downtown, just the Alamodome itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I’m wrong as the last time I was in town was probably 2013 but the downtown core of San Antonio appears to me atleast as VERY easy to build in and around. Most major downtown cores are insanely congested these days and still have no problem building.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I’m wrong as the last time I was in town was probably 2013 but the downtown core of San Antonio appears to me atleast as VERY easy to build in and around. Most major downtown cores are insanely congested these days and still have no problem building.
    Building downtown isn't the problem -- it's finding the land downtown to build upon. Fortunately(?) SA has a couple of sites that could be available when the time comes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building downtown isn't the problem -- it's finding the land downtown to build upon. Fortunately(?) SA has a couple of sites that could be available when the time comes.
    Understood. I’m sure there is land available for the right price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing between E. Nueva and Villita streets west of Navarro except parking lots. Right on the Riverwalk. Thats where it should be, anyway.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fiesta color jerseys should never be worn again.

Go back to the black on blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All versions of the camo jerseys and grey alternates should be burned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Por que no los dos!

I love the white Fiesta jerseys and actually just picked up a Ginobili one.

Bur yeah, we need a black on black and hopefully it shows up this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All versions of the camo jerseys and grey alternates should be burned.
    This. We should have standard white, standard black, Fiesta, and throwback. Boom, done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. We should have standard white, standard black, Fiesta, and throwback. Boom, done.
    Agreed last two years city editions were great. A throwback to San Antonio actoss the chest from the early days would be welcomed and I also think San Antonio across the chest could be a cool tweak to the 23’ city edition

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Por que no los dos!

I love the white Fiesta jerseys and actually just picked up a Ginobili one.

Bur yeah, we need a black on black and hopefully it shows up this season.
    The Fiesta colors kills the silver and black image whenever they are worn, they are just weak in appearance, no to pink and teal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fiesta colors kills the silver and black image whenever they are worn, they are just weak in appearance, no to pink and teal.
    OK Boomer

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all have opinions on jerseys. Some more popular than others.

I didn't like this year's Fiesta uniforms at all. Once someone said "You know what the Miami Dolphins color scheme is missing? Pink.", I couldn't unsee it.

I still watched the team the same as I did when they wore other uniforms. But I'm really looking forward to the black-on-black throwback. Been waiting for that for a long damn time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might see this on the floor next season Would be a nice touch. Maybe a patch on the uniform as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Alamodome employee pissed off because he has to go find where they stored that giant ass curtain.
    At the dry cleaners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re okay. Lots of young heads online started to think the 90s teams had fiesta jerseys and not just warmups. I prefer homage to how the franchise actually wore their jerseys before most of us even knew of the team. Starting off is the San Antonio emblazoned jerseys that evidently were worn from the late 1970s to the 1988-1989 season.

Why they waited over 30 years to put the city name on the jersey is inexplicable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ much prefer the earlier black with San Antonio in written white outline. The jersey above looks like white duct tape lol

Thread Information