Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'bout damn time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dope even though they never wore the San Antonio jerseys in the Alamo Dome. I’d love for some version of that to replace the Grey Alternate as those are trash.

I’m hearing they may also test out “Viva” across the chest for market research only

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea someone posted a pic of those jerseys on Twitter like 3 months ago saying they had leaked and would be our Throwback Jerseys next year. Didn’t really buy it but didn’t think much of it either.

Two things:

1. If they’re going as far as to play a game in the Alamodome, I assume they’re bringing back the fiesta colored court? Cause that would be pretty sick.

2. While I love the idea of bringing back the George Gervin-era black uni’s, if they’re playing that game in the Alamodome, why not just wear the the classic 90’s jerseys that the Spurs actually wore while they played in the Alamodome… would make more sense tbh. Not ing, I’m just sayin’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s the tweet I saw. Apparently they leaked from UniWatch who are actually pretty legit when it comes to uniform updates so decent chance it’s true tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The teal uniforms look like a tribute to the iconic 1996 NBA All-Star uniforms from when San Antonio hosted All-Star Weekend that year. Similar font and number style. Probably the best and most popular All-Star throwback jersey in existence tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea someone posted a pic of those jerseys on Twitter like 3 months ago saying they had leaked and would be our Throwback Jerseys next year. Didn’t really buy it but didn’t think much of it either.

Two things:

1. If they’re going as far as to play a game in the Alamodome, I assume they’re bringing back the fiesta colored court? Cause that would be pretty sick.

2. While I love the idea of bringing back the George Gervin-era black uni’s, if they’re playing that game in the Alamodome, why not just wear the the classic 90’s jerseys that the Spurs actually wore while they played in the Alamodome… would make more sense tbh. Not ing, I’m just sayin’.

I second this. Nostalgia for the Alamodome needs to bring you back to that era.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not both? The Spurs will play 82 games, that's plenty to wear both the 90s throwback and the black-on-black SAN ANTONIO jerseys at some point.

I do agree that the 90s version should be worn at the Alamodome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s the tweet I saw. Apparently they leaked from UniWatch who are actually pretty legit when it comes to uniform updates so decent chance it’s true tbh.

Not sure I like the teal ones but man those black ones are fresh, i've been wanting them to do a throwback to the Gervin era San antonio jerseys forever. hope it's real!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The teal uniforms look like a tribute to the iconic 1996 NBA All-Star uniforms from when San Antonio hosted All-Star Weekend that year. Similar font and number style. Probably the best and most popular All-Star throwback jersey in existence tbh.

That jersey is stupid hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the criteria is that the jersey must match the venue where it originated, then we'll never wear the black San Antonio jerseys, since the HemisFair arena has been torn down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the criteria is that the jersey must match the venue where it originated, then we'll never wear the black San Antonio jerseys, since the HemisFair arena has been torn down.
    San Antonio across the chest should be a mainstay alternate no doubt. If you are having two games a year at thee Alamodome I’d argue to really bring us back to the 90’s is all. Right down to the bleachers and the curtain separating the rest of the building!!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of a teal jersey, but the font is pretty ugly on that one. Also definitely hope to be picking up a Banchero black on black next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get the point of playing in the Alamodome though. That's such a terrible basketball arena. And are they going to do that against the Lakers so we can have 25,000 Laker fans and 10,000 Spurs fans at the game? If not they'd have to bring back the 96-97 specials where when Vancouver came to town you could get a free ticket to the game by showing up at the Dome with a Coke can. Otherwise don't see how they're filling 35,000 seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Alamodome employee pissed off because he has to go find where they stored that giant ass curtain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Alamodome employee pissed off because he has to go find where they stored that giant ass curtain.
    I should apply though just to work the water cannon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should apply though just to work the water cannon.
    Yes!!! Bring back the water cannons! Best game ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember basically sitting shoulder against the curtain in the 300s for game 1 of the 99’ Finals Knicks Spurs. 35’000 fans deep!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did the 08 Elite Eight and Final Four at the Alamodome an man that is a bad venue for basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoops that Elite 8 might've been another year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them unis should be worn a couple times EVERY year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a shame the Snake hurt his knee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back these atrocities too while we’re at it

Last edited by BatManu20; 05-10-2022 at 12:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did the 08 Elite Eight and Final Four at the Alamodome an man that is a bad venue for basketball.
    The Final Four will be in San Antonio again in 3 years too.

Thread Information