My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Omenihu Still playing
    Tsk tsk

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Possibly the most head scratching championship level game I've ever watched [2001 NFCCG comes to mind]. Except for penalties (many of which were questionable at best) the game was statistically close. Especially considering the final score. We watched the game and saw the injuries. So I'll focus on stuff the team had control over.

Yards per Play
    49ers - 3.6
    Eagles - 3.8

Demarco drew up a successful gameplan and the players executed. Have to tip our hat to the few successful times Eagles completed 4th Down even if atleast one was blown call. Our own uncharacteristic penalties committed prolonged a number of drives for Philly. Ultimately the Eagles only had 1 drive in this game where they overwhelmed us.

Offensively the running game was a success. Difficult to comment more given the cir stances. I will say - TE blocking a great pass rusher bit us in the ass yet again. All these QB injuries this season and even last year (both Jimmy & Trey) should force Kyle to reevaluate how he protects the position. At times he is straight wreckless.

Kyle not challenging the Smith 1-handed drop - hopefully this teaches Kyle a lil bout urgency and how games at this level can turn sideways at an instance. Insult to injury (no pun intended) I think we finished the 1st Half with all our timeouts.

Aggressive with backup Johnson to end the 1st Half - I've been wrong before but I immediately questioned. Felt we were more than fortunate to go into the locker room even. Within 2 minutes we were down 7-21. But ultimately this would have just prolonged the inevitable.

Because we didn't create any turnovers. No way you defeat a top seed with your backup QB while losing the turnover margin. No one expected Josh Johnson to lead us to glory but damn he single handily the bed then was off the field

As a fan these type of losses are easier to move on from than late collapses. But I think it might be different for Players. Many of these guys are left wondering what if and how did they truly measure up to the Eagles. We will never know.

I give the Eagles props they deserved the Win although not at all at such a point margin. They wanted to pressure the QB and convert 1st Downs on the ground. Mission accomplished. I feel Hurts left alot to be desired. Except for the dropped Smith pass, did he complete anything past 10, 15 yards? The Eagles were there for the taking...
    Last edited by FrostKing; 01-30-2023 at 02:35 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Well this came outta nowhere. Sorry for your loss Philly...

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The #Raiders are closing in on a deal with QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources say. After six seasons and a Super Bowl appearance with the #49ers, Jimmy G is on his way to Vegas, the site of this season’s Super Bowl, to reunite with Josh McDaniels.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Fin

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    n legend

Nooooooo

49ers agree to one-year deal with QB Sam Darnold, source says (espn.com)

Gave up Lamar Jackson auto Super Bowl pursuit.

OG MIKE MCGLINCHEY gone to Denver.

Replacement?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    OG MIKE MCGLINCHEY gone to Denver.

Replacement?
    In the Draft. "Free Agent Oline market too expensive."

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Fk seriously?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Saw that coming, which is why I wanted the Niners to push harder for Rodgers. Gonna waste another stacked roster due to having no QB.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Saw that coming, which is why I wanted the Niners to push harder for Rodgers. Gonna waste another stacked roster due to having no QB.
    Well, you can always re-up Josh Johnson and pay him Jalen Hurts money instead.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    *** 2023 ***

Jimmy to Raiders
    J.Ward gone
    Azeez Al-Shaair moved on
    Mcglinchey fan whipping boy exit

Enter DT Hargrave
    Resigned S Gibson
    mostly Contract extensions

For the first time in a number of years we enter the Division race camly. I expect #1 Seed in the NFC Playoffs.

Only 5 major games
    @ Vikings
    Vs Bengals
    @ Jaguars
    @ Eagles
    vs Ravens

Purdy's arm is work in progress. Early schedule looks soft but we begin with run stoppers. Bet we drop 2 of the first 8 games although they look soft on the calendar.

Bottomline: Super Bowl appearance

We complete our revenge over the Eagles but we likely walk into the SB as underdogs
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-18-2023 at 12:34 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    im not a believer in Purdy yet. he definitely exceeded expectations as a rookie mr irrelevant and appeared to be a capable, serviceable player. but the sample size is just so small, and it's historically been a pretty easy plug-and-play situation for QBs

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    im not a believer in Purdy yet. he definitely exceeded expectations as a rookie mr irrelevant and appeared to be a capable, serviceable player. but the sample size is just so small, and it's historically been a pretty easy plug-and-play situation for QBs
    That's fair. He makes mistakes that are covered up by the 49ers talent level. I do forsee a Top10 season for him though. He has natural limitations with his arm but he has alot of College experience under his belt and excelled for a mid tier program which is a good sign.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Poof and just like that end of an Era

General thoughts
    - 4th Round pick is generous. 49ers had to cash in.
    - Cowboys perspective I am not most qualified to comment for Dallas but Lance isn't damaged goods. Healthy and just needs snap. If Jordan Love is starting...

Did 49ers Fail Trey?
    So few career starts considering Covid and then he fell to injury twice ending his season. 49ers entered last season as Trey the opening day starter. Maybe playbook was no longer catering to him in 2023 but 49ers allowed him to showcase and yet again he disappointed (preseason).

I'm happy for Trey and felt we had a healthy separation. Beyond Dallas being a rival, I will root for him.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

I forsee 2-1 start. Kyle's 49ers tend to start seasons slow and Steelers at home seems like another upstart trying to make a big statement.

2 point spread sounds right. We will be in position to Win but our kicking has been spotty/injured. Probably the difference Sunday.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Welp 2-0 start. Week1 more dominant than expected and Week2 some holes.

Rams played very well and SF49 were Vanilla early. Once the defense started blitzing Stafford turned it over.

Call of the Day: SF49 down 7 with seconds remaining in the 1st Half. No timeouts. Shanahan went for it and Purdy QB sneak converted

Areas of concern
    - Not a surprise but the Secondary isn't good enough to play on an Island. Stafford dinked us to death for most the game

- Overusing McCaffrey? We play TNF vs Giants. Where is Elijah. Thankfully Deebo put the game to bed late

- Purdy's weakest performance in his young career. Missed throws early and often. But moved fine in the pocket and didn't turn it over.

Welcome to the 49ers
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-18-2023 at 12:46 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Purdy cant miss all those throws in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Purdy cant miss all those throws in the playoffs.
    Yes. Fortunately his reads seem to be correct, based on defenses rarely in his passing lanes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    30 points again we staaaaacked

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    30 points again we staaaaacked
    49ers cover the spread

Purdy has performance most label 'B' level and yet it was his first career 300 yard passing day

CMC is too good. Defense played Vanilla 1st Half and then turned up the knob & took over.

McCaffrey early
    Deebo to establish lead
    Elijah to run out the clock

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

49ers are playing so well right now, the Cardinals actually had a positive showing from this final score blowout

McCaffrey extended his SF Franchise scoring record

Thread Information