Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners traded for Randy Gregory.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I mean, why not? Low risk, high reward move. He knows that if his play or behavior doesn’t improve then his career is over. He was dealt pocket aces going to SF, so it’s all on him to live up to his potential

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I mean, why not? Low risk, high reward move. He knows that if his play or behavior doesn’t improve then his career is over. He was dealt pocket aces going to SF, so it’s all on him to live up to his potential
    Esp only paying the vet minimum and Donks picking up the rest of the tab this year.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Never trust a man with 2 first names

A headcase? We have strong locker room to keep him focused.

Strengths: pass rush. We have been mediocre in pressuring without the Blitz.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

49ers vs Cowboys showcases alot of NFL nostalgia. Battled each other in 9-NFCCG.

The offense attacked early & often but this game was all about the two elite Defenses. On this day, the Red & Gold stole the show

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Moody :/..: Refs :/

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Upset Sunday

General takeaways:
    - Pregame scuffle. Early 10-0 lead then seemed we checked out from Cleveland. Once injuries started piling up it seemed we didn't want to be there. Browns are fiesty ers. I'd hate them in my Division.

- We struggled to find answers once our main weapons left the game. No surprise the formula to beating Kyle teams is slowing the running game. Common story in NFL but we struggle against strong Defensive Lines.

- Yet Purdy still drove us for GW 40-yarder. Poor performance by a number of players but the Rookie kicker is biggest concern considering he's unproven. It's still just 1 poor game from him.

If you watched the game, ya the Gibson penalty probably seals the game. But it was highly penalized game and old fashioned dog fight. Elijah Mitchel struggled? Getting fed up with him.

Almost forgot! Purdy's 1st career RS loss. 10-0 start. He struggled but I feel Rams earlier in the season was his worst. Kyle didn't call a quality game. Defense played solid and I still feel has another level.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 10-16-2023 at 01:14 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners traded for Randy Gregory.
    Had a good game. Coaches seem to like him.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Had a good game. Coaches seem to like him.
    Yop. Now they need to use some of their capspace to figure out the oline tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yop. Now they need to use some of their capspace to figure out the oline tbh.
    Kyle just doesn't prioritize it. Scheme over skill at that position.

Probably Trent's last season. He's going thru the motions of a long season with some of the penalties

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    Post Count
    Welcome to the loser lounge for the week.

Kyle didn't call a quality game. Defense played solid and I still feel has another level.
    Far too long developing plays especially in 4th qtr.
    Purdy was getting buttF'd by the Browns rush virtually 1 second after he caught the snap.
    True he did a couple stupid intentional grounders but still, very poor play calling. Have an outlet route FFS.
    Cleveland had a couple nice screen / delay type passes in their 4th qtr drives. 49ers should have done the same.

Ya bottom line Purdy drives for the game winner and 11-0.
    People hatin on him like they hate on Lamar.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Deebo out until at least after the bye week with a hairline fracture in his shoulder.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Deebo out until at least after the bye week with a hairline fracture in his shoulder.

Elijah Mitchel is supposedly fully back. Needs to showcase.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Elijah Mitchel is supposedly fully back. Needs to showcase.
    Debating whether or not to start him in fantasy this week since all my other RB are on bye/IR...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Debating whether or not to start him in fantasy this week since all my other RB are on bye/IR...
    I stopped fantasy a number of years ago. Some of the boys went sports gambling grand a week.

I expect big show for Elijah. Brock show. He always has big rebound.

McCaff yes or no?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    McCaff yes or no?
    Yes but no showcase

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Our pass rush sucks

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Our pass rush sucks
    The defense in general sucks against the pass. Wilks has proven to be a disastrous hire.

The defense in general sucks against the pass. Wilks has proven to be a disastrous hire.
    The ball was snapped with 7 seconds left before halftime.

That Db trying to be glory boi and go for the INT vs the sure thing knockdown was beyond idiotic.
    Even if he got the INT, what, he's gonna oogie boogie 30 yards the other way AND get out of bounds in time for a fg attempt? No.
    Situational Awareness Grade = zero.

like that has to be addressed not only by the D Coor but policed in house by team mates.

Game was a complete letdown on many fronts imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Likely Darnold vs Bengals

So maybe Purdy has not gone full re / paying off gambling debts:

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio posted what has now become the play many believe when the concussion occurred. With 7:03 left in the fourth quarter on 3rd-and-1, Purdy called a no-huddle quarterback sneak to try to get a first down. As he tried to push forward, Vikings linebacker Jordan Hicks rams into Purdy's head while trying to make the stop, causing the quarterback's head to snap back.

49ers' Brock Purdy is about to be another huge test of NFL's concussion protocol (msn.com)

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Wasn't able to watch this one live. Here we go

Offense: first time numerous weapons (Trent) are out and Purdy struggles. Expected. Kyle always manages the offensive line with fire. So thin.

McCaffrey probably shouldn't have even been out there. He fumbles. Sets the tone. 2nd straight week we look disinterested.
    Weapons will return, the attack will be fine

No onto the Defense:
    Scheme, ego, effort

Wilks has improved the secondary with his new approach. Big picture the Defense will jell into cohesive monster

Right now it's questionable effort. Bosa is going thru the motions. DLine has WAY too much talent to be performing this way. Scheme is new but effort is bigger problem.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 10-28-2023 at 04:45 AM.

Thread Information