Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California: High taxes, everyone is leaving, in decline.... or not... but drowning in money.

SACRAMENTO — Buoyed by the pandemic prosperity of its richest taxpayers, California expects a record $97.5 billion surplus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday, as he proposed a $300.6 billion state budget that also was a historic mark.

“No other state in American history has ever experienced a surplus as large as this,” Mr. Newsom said...
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05...ocks-inflation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    party of fiscal responsibility tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much in debt is California ?
    Roads are terrible there …
    They have no surplas is money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pandemic prosperity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Largest economy in the US, always been the model to follow in the country, tbh... even other States advertise and beg here to try to get some of the business...

Now, they need to use some of that dough to address the housing situation, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Largest economy in the US, always been the model to follow in the country, tbh... even other States advertise and beg here to try to get some of the business...

Now, they need to use some of that dough to address the housing situation, tbh

Yeah

https://www.lendingtree.com/home/mor...=Skimlinks.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CAs housing issue isnt new. their elimination of single family zoning was a of a step, though its going to take some time for the impacts of that to be felt. construction materials are still cost prohibitive in many situations right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you're going on about. I mean, I already said they should address the housing issue.

But other than that, you really can't beat the weather here, the highest paying jobs are here as well, fantastic looking women, economy the size of Germany (over 2x the size of Russia's GDP), majority of socially liberal, legal to grow your own weed, and like I said, you have other states advertising here to try to lure businesses away. It's implicit you have heavily sought after businesses.

Sure, it's expensive, not everyone can afford it. It's an extremely compe ive place as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CAs housing issue isnt new. their elimination of single family zoning was a of a step, though its going to take some time for the impacts of that to be felt. construction materials are still cost prohibitive in many situations right now
    With all that money, the State can and should do more. Subsidize new developments, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all that money, the State can and should do more. Subsidize new developments, etc.
    They are for all the illegals that you love,,,still wont win you the midterms,,,can you say republican majority?,,,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you're going on about. I mean, I already said they should address the housing issue.

But other than that, you really can't beat the weather here, the highest paying jobs are here as well, fantastic looking women, economy the size of Germany (over 2x the size of Russia's GDP), majority of socially liberal, legal to grow your own weed, and like I said, you have other states advertising here to try to lure businesses away. It's implicit you have heavily sought after businesses.

Sure, it's expensive, not everyone can afford it. It's an extremely compe ive place as well.
    I have always said the only reason people come to these conservative states is affordable housing but if housing was equal then no one would move to these conservative states over California. Even the cheap housing the conservative states have over California will be gone by the ending of this decade due to housing getting more expensive in conservative states that I expect housing costs to catch up to California pretty soon in expensiveness. Once that advantage of affordability is taken away from the conservative states you won't see many people moving their anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are for all the illegals that you love,,,still wont win you the midterms,,,can you say republican majority?,,,
    Immigrants have been making California great for a long ass time, tbh... States like Texas that try so hard to catch up to California should take notes.

And the GOP sure isn't getting a majority in California in the next election, or likely the next 3+. Heck, that loser Nunes already quit.

Remember when they tried to recall Newsom and got their asses handed to them? good times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    subsidizing demand when they should be subsidizing supply, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California residents are fleeing to the country of Portugal and in many cases bringing problems that have made life more difficult for natives, according to the Los Angeles Times report.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...db53fd1cb0b3f0

Universally loathed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California residents are fleeing to the country of Portugal and in many cases bringing problems that have made life more difficult for natives, according to the Los Angeles Times report.

Universally loathed
    LOL, sensationalism. The problems that made life difficult is that they're rich? LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Universally loathed
    "But the average Portuguese person can no longer afford to live in the center of Lisbon. Rents have gone up five times over a few years. Even the basic things, such as buying groceries, take longer trips outside the city center than they used to."

Why do you hate capitalism, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But the average Portuguese person can no longer afford to live in the center of Lisbon. Rents have gone up five times over a few years. Even the basic things, such as buying groceries, take longer trips outside the city center than they used to."

Why do you hate capitalism, tbh?
    Seems the Portuguese hate it. It's a bit of a cheat, tbh. They make their money in a capitalist country and then move to a poor country to buy up all their . Meanwhile those people cannot get into said capitalist country. Works for me.

Of course the Californians move there because they think Lisbon is lesbian in Portuguese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems the Portuguese hate it. It's a bit of a cheat, tbh. They make their money in a capitalist country and then move to a poor country to buy up all their . Meanwhile those people cannot get into said capitalist country. Works for me.

Of course the Californians move there because they think Lisbon is lesbian in Portuguese.
    Meh, Portugal is not a poor country. They've been hovering around the top 50 GDP/PPP. You could do a lot worse than that.

Now, some Californians being obscenely rich, that is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Portugal is not a poor country. They've been hovering around the top 50 GDP/PPP. You could do a lot worse than that.

Now, some Californians being obscenely rich, that is true.
    Do they have the means and ability to withstand hyperinflation driven by outside pressure to sell? Basically the Californians use one system to gain wealth and then exploit another system to avoid giving anything back to the first system, at the cost of displacing those who helped build the second system.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does DMC hate capitalism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they have the means and ability to withstand hyperinflation driven by outside pressure to sell? Basically the Californians use one system to gain wealth and then exploit another system to avoid giving anything back to the first system, at the cost of displacing those who helped build the second system.
    I don't think they have to. This brings money to their economy and potentially can assist in growing and developing other cities. Higher prices also means higher taxes (since things like property taxes are derived as a percentage of the property value).

Sure, some locals might not like this, but this is a fairly typical demand-supply situation, and the good kind of investment money coming in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they have to. This brings money to their economy and potentially can assist in growing and developing other cities. Higher prices also means higher taxes (since things like property taxes are derived as a percentage of the property value).

Sure, some locals might not like this, but this is a fairly typical demand-supply situation, and the good kind of investment money coming in.
    Property owners would turn profit, renters would be ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Property owners would turn profit, renters would be ed.
    Rents are high in California as well, but salaries are also generally high to match. No landlord wants to have empty apartments, tbh.

If the argument is that some people get priced out, that happens pretty much on every popular city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does DMC hate capitalism?
    Between living in slums or gentrified areas, Chuncko prefers living in slums because of rent choice.

Thread Information