Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if it's Banchero or Ivey...
    I'd love either of them, but you'll have people complaining that we didn't take Chet or Smith (if given the opportunity)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love either of them, but you'll have people complaining that we didn't take Chet or Smith (if given the opportunity)
    Ideally we pick 3 or 4 and Chet and Jabari go 1 and 2. Then we all agree and there's peace... and the FO ends up picking some 6'4" guard who's well spoken and stood out in the combine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced any of the top 4 will be the superstars we want. This may be unconventional, but in terms of tiers, I might be more willing to trade down from Tier 1 for two Tier 2 players than trade one Tier 2 player for two Tier 3 players, the way I regard the drop-offs. It's not hard to see a world where Keegan Murray + Benedict Mathurin are better together than Jabari Smith will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superstar is a very misused term, but to the point, if things go right could see Banchero or Ivey as capable of being the first offensive option of a contender, and multiple times all stars for a decade or more. I can't say the same of Chet or Jabari, which is why I'd definitely take (any two combination of) Sochan/Duren/Murray + Mathurin/Dyson Daniels/Johnny Davis over them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have more concerns about Banchero than Jabari, but we shall see. Shooting, rebounding, and defense tend to be the three things that most easily translate from the NCAA to the NBA, and Smith has all three. Banchero's advanced stats are pretty pedestrian for a top guy, far below Holmgren's, Jabari's, and Keegan's. Below even guys like Jahlil Okafor, Marvin Bagley lll, and Vernon Carey. It's not unheard of for top college players to have Paolo's #s, but it's pretty rare. He's even 4th among his own Duke teammates in most impact stats. I'd wager people expecting Paolo to step right in and be a 20/10 guy are going to be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't jump up and get Banchero, I think I'm back to a preference of somehow ending up with Mathurin. I think he's gonna be that dude at the next level.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been trying to keep the big picture in mind with what the Spurs need on a macro and individual level. All of this is debatable of course, but to me it seems like the Spurs need to improve on: shot creation, passing ability, rebounding, and defense. That’s actually a lot.

Johnny Davis has shot creation, defense, and rebounding (though rebounding is less important coming a perimeter player).

Sochan has defense and passing, but I don’t think rebounding is a particular strength, though hopefully someone can chime in on that. I see bo obvious shot creation.

Eason has defense (though arguably more defensive events that steady system defense), rebounding, unpredictable shot creation.

Dyson Daniels has defense and passing as strengths.

Dieng presently has very little, but I suppose the hope is for shot creation, passing, and defense to be strengths, but it’s mostly all potential.

Mathurin has, arguably, little strengths of what I personally think we need but has elite shooting and occasionally good defense. The hope is that his game expands.

Anyway, just spitballing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I would be surprised if Jabari was not #1 on SA draft board. Position of need, tremendous shooting and higher floor than anyone else in top 4 without a real detrimental flaw.

If SA trades up, I would not at all be surprised if it was for Jabari. For some reason if he falls to 3, 4 or 5 I could definitely see SA trying to get there to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I would be surprised if Jabari was not #1 on SA draft board. Position of need, tremendous shooting and higher floor than anyone else in top 4 without a real detrimental flaw.

If SA trades up, I would not at all be surprised if it was for Jabari. For some reason if he falls to 3, 4 or 5 I could definitely see SA trying to get there to get him.
    I think Banchero would make a lot more sense due to his go-to scorer ability. Obviously both would be great picks, but feels unrealistic to get them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Banchero would make a lot more sense due to his go-to scorer ability. Obviously both would be great picks, but feels unrealistic to get them
    It’s very unrealistic, but then, Paul Pierce fell to #10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletic proposes no-brainer Spurs trade for Christian Wood (airalamo.com)

I suppose this proposed trade is unrealistic (most are) , but if the only negative issue on Christian Woods is at ude, this is one of those wild ideas I'd like some of you guys who know their stuff on trades and players to comment on. IMO there's at ude and then there's at ude. If he gets emotionally pissed off at a blowout, then it's up to the coaching staff to work it out. If his at ude is about other players personal life or hating his teammates, then that is a deal killer I suppose.

Two potential players with at ude in Ayton and Woods??? Anyone care to rate them as potential Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never mind the above post. I found this proposed trade was discussed in another thread and pretty well disposed of BY A majority of posters. Lots of scorn for Woods defense????

Thread Information