Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-big-...022-nba-draft/

The next week is going to be interesting. Hopefully there's some ping pong luck on the 17th. If not, this draft might not have a lot of sure-fire prospects but there are a lot of intriguing prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for all the updates timvp.

Johnny Davis is a guy I’m having a tough time getting on board with.
    I like Mathurin, Daniels, Wesley, Williams and maybe even Rollins more if we’re going the CG route…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish you had put more details on the players height, weight, lateral movement, first step speed and probable position if drafted by Spurs. Maybe everyone else is already informed on this stuff???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish you had put more details on the players height, weight, lateral movement, first step speed and probable position if drafted by Spurs. Maybe everyone else is already informed on this stuff???
    google.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair, although that was 2,000 words as it was. I plan to write more about each specific prospect, especially after their lottery pick is finalized.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for all the updates timvp.

Johnny Davis is a guy I’m having a tough time getting on board with.
    I like Mathurin, Daniels, Wesley, Williams and maybe even Rollins more if we’re going the CG route…

My issue with Davis is that he screams “role player” to me. This team needs someone who has a chance at being a franchise player.

Lottery picks are the franchise players 95% of the time. So it likely all rides on:

Primo, Vassell, our 2022 lottery pick, a future lottery pick, or a free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Eason at 24, if he skips to 25 seems like a no brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really interesting, about Sochan i'm on the opposite side for the shoot, not saying he would be elite but i think the shooting form is good. The bad is that FT %.

I'm pretty ok with everything except i have sharpe higher and same with griffin/kamagate/kessler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article and list.
    I am pleased to see TyTy and AJ Williams moved down.
    Neither looks like someone I’d want on this Spurs team.
    Interested to hear you say more about Keegan and why he’s not as valued by the Spurs as he is by other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Davis is that he screams “role player” to me. This team needs someone who has a chance at being a franchise player.

Lottery picks are the franchise players 95% of the time. So it likely all rides on:

Primo, Vassell, our 2022 lottery pick, a future lottery pick, or a free agent
    I don’t think Davis will be the pick, but he’s a of a player and we’d be lucky to have him tbh. Probably the best player in college last year after Murray. There likely won’t be many or any guys who have that home run potential you’re looking for available at 9 or 10. Most those guys will be gone unless someone slips. So you go with BPA at that point or really good prospect with high upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually wouldn't be too shocked to see Keegan Murray drop to #9. It would only take 3 or 4 teams deciding to go younger. That draft dynamic is one of the most interesting to watch now, as older quality players like Desmond Bane and Herb Jones drop every year and guys like Ziaire Williams and Primo go earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of right now, I’m predicting Dyson Daniels as the pick at 9 or 10. He’s reportedly grown to 6’8, just turned 19, and just screams Spurs to me.

Ready for this combine to pop off on Monday though so we can actually see some of these guy compete against one another.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still see Davis as a good Spurs fit with his defense and scoring mentality, which is very much needed. His ceiling is lower than I’d like with some questions about his raw athleticism, but I think he will succeed and find a way to make it work in the same way I thought Maxey and his work ethic would make it work. His fit with Dejounte and Vassel looks great to me with solid defense and a determined style of play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd really like Leonard Miller with one of their two later firsts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9th - BPA (PF -Murray, Sochan)
    20th - SF/PF - Nikola Jovic
    25th - PF - Jaylen Williams
    38th - SG/SF -Gabriel Procida

Departure - LW4, Langford, Cacok, Stewart
    Additions - 4 Draft Picks

2022 2023 Roster Depth Chart

PG: DJM - Jones
    SG: Vassell - Richardson - Wieskamp
    SF: KJ - Primo - Jovic
    PF: McDermott - Sochan - Jaylen - KBD
    C: Jakob - Collins - Landale
    2 Way: Woodard - Procida

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am all in on Procida in the 2nd round.....ALL IN

As for the 1st round, I am still sorting through about 10 players or so. I do know that I want no part of Holmgren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yikes another 30 win season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes another 30 win season.
    Tend to agree...If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards. That lineup *potentially* nets you fewer wins next year than this year, tbh.

Got to draft difference makers. Give me a low post force who can score IN THE PAINT (without a PnR) coming off the bench.

Give me a PF that can dribble drive and shoot.

Give me a SF that can shoot and dribble drive.

Based on where we're likely to pick, that's Murray, Burn, and T Smith. Those players will make a difference. And Murray should be able to start or come off the bench soon given he's a seasoned 4 yr player that Pop likes and who won't need to stay in Austin. burn can play now as well and should be with the team shortly. T Smith would need seasoning and some weight room work, but the kid is an athletic assassin. Likely more player ready by mid season than Primo was, despite being 6'5 or whatever. He's what we neededout of Primo last year quite frankly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all knew getting a future star would take lucking out in the lottery, I just hope we don't make the top 4 only to pass on Banchero or Ivey for Chet or Jabari... that'd be tough to swallow. If we don't, I've always liked Daniels or Sochan at 9 or 10, Mathurin falling there would be an unexpected gift, and while I'm not a fan of Duren at that range, his athleticism and age are intriguing and if he develops some kind of offensive game other than alley oops and put backs he'll be worth it.
    As for the rest, I think Eason and Jovic are ranked way too low, with the first being unpolished but with huge upside, also he's most likely not getting past Chicago 18, if that. I feel Jovic won't last till the Boston pick and I'd be ecstatic if we get them there. But Wesley, Hardy or PBJ might also be interesting gambles in the 20s.
    Other than that the reasoning behind the list is pretty solid, although most guys listed there should be attainable further down the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tend to agree...If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards. That lineup *potentially* nets you fewer wins next year than this year, tbh.

Got to draft difference makers. Give me a low post force who can score IN THE PAINT (without a PnR) coming off the bench.

Give me a PF that can dribble drive and shoot.

Give me a SF that can shoot and dribble drive.

Based on where we're likely to pick, that's Murray, Burn, and T Smith. Those players will make a difference. And Murray should be able to start or come off the bench soon given he's a seasoned 4 yr player that Pop likes and who won't need to stay in Austin. burn can play now as well and should be with the team shortly. T Smith would need seasoning and some weight room work, but the kid is an athletic assassin. Likely more player ready by mid season than Primo was, despite being 6'5 or whatever. He's what we neededout of Primo last year quite frankly.
    Shouldnt be too hard for Murray to beat out anyone at the 4 if we land him at 9 and he also looks a legit 6’7-6’8. If we have one decent starter from our FRPs by the trade deadline that would be a win I think but I expect similar developments paths of recent picks for this year.

No team with Keldon, McDermott and Vassell as starters will ever make the playoffs IMO
    Last edited by KingKev; 05-14-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eason in theory should be a high consideration, but he has a high chance for Pop’s doghouse, and so given that as a decent possibility, drafting him would be too frustrating for me to watch as a fan. Hopefully I’m wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eason in theory should be a high consideration, but he has a high chance for Pop’s doghouse, and so given that as a decent possibility, drafting him would be too frustrating for me to watch as a fan. Hopefully I’m wrong.
    #9 may be a reach for Eason and I’m not sure he falls to #21 but I think we need to acknowledge the risk we go for someone at #9 who potentially would still be available late first round regardless but that won’t be Eason in my
    opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of right now, I’m predicting Dyson Daniels as the pick at 9 or 10. He’s reportedly grown to 6’8, just turned 19, and just screams Spurs to me.

Ready for this combine to pop off on Monday though so we can actually see some of these guy compete against one another.
    Agreed. Even though he's an even worse shooter, he'd basically be a White replacement. Heady, well rounded, secondary play maker/defensive stopper type, who's superior size should enable him to defend 1-4 as he fills out.

For a team with the assets to target a specific player outside of the top 4 and in desperate need of dynamic, high ceiling talent, he'd be an underwhelming pick though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are going to reach for someone at 9 I'd prefer Dieng or PBJ...I think both will shoot the 3 better than Dyson and are better suited to play the 4. That said, I hope we don't have to reach at 9 and that one on the more consensus top 8 guys fall to us. Then maybe take Dieng or PBJ a little later (even if we have to consolidate picks).

Thread Information