Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's LAX though. It's naturally biased downward because it's next to the coast.

I was talking about inner parts of LA like the San Fernando Valley, you know, where the people that aren't millionaires and billionaires live.
    That wasn't LAX weather I posted, that was Westwood where I used to live (Wilshire & 405 area). San Fernando isn't LA. It's on the other side of a mountain range and has a different climate than LA proper. The traffic would kill me in San Fernando without the amazing LA weather, no thanks. Pretty cool if you're ever in the area though to go hike up to the ridgeline by the Griffith Observatory and see LA sprawled out on one side of the ridge and then the valley on the other.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That wasn't LAX weather I posted, that was Westwood where I used to live (Wilshire & 405 area). San Fernando isn't LA. It's on the other side of a mountain range and has a different climate than LA proper. The traffic would kill me in San Fernando without the amazing LA weather, no thanks. Pretty cool if you're ever in the area though to go hike up to the ridgeline by the Griffith Observatory and see LA sprawled out on one side of the ridge and then the valley on the other.
    Yeah I've driven that way. You can even see LA from Six Flags Magic Mountain which is further north than that. I've drove from Santa Monica to the Inland Empire and within a half hour's drive you go from summer paradise to the Sahara Desert.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still 100's daily every day for the rest of July forecasted in SA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Still 100's daily every day for the rest of July forecasted in SA.
    100 would be nice. It has been 104+ every ing day for nine days in a row now and it's 103 right now at 3:30. Never seen a stretch like this in San Antonio. This ing summer might actually end up catching last summer for tiest ever.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    100 would be nice. It has been 104+ every ing day for nine days in a row now and it's 103 right now at 3:30. Never seen a stretch like this in San Antonio. This ing summer might actually end up catching last summer for tiest ever.
    right, which would be impressive because most of the spring was wet and near or even below average, compared to last year where the consistent triple digits started in May and we never had a wet or stormy season 2022. All depends on August and how many triple digit days we get next month.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Alaska's Arctic Circle is forecast to be 75 degrees on Friday. Almost unheard-of.

Fairbanks, Alaska well into the 80s next 7 days

Salt Lake City expected to be well over 100+ for the next 10 days

Highest elevation inhabited city in the USA, in Colorado expecting record highs in the 80's this upcoming week

WTF Is this ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Come on, you know what it is

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Thorshavn, Faroe Islands is still a steady-eddie highs in the 50s, lows in the 40s just like every day every summer. Winter is highs in the 40s, lows in the 30s but rarely freezing.

That's a place that never gets heat waves and never gets arctic blasts for some odd reason. The location paired with the Gulf stream.

Also, no need to worry too much about deer, because there's very few trees there. Nor worrying too much about sunburn, because it's mostly overcast there.

That's my dream home.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dang, my Jehovah's Witness FWB in Faribault Minnesota is going to get to near 100 next week... MINNESOTA for crying out loud. And insane humidity, too.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    ITS TEH ANTHROPOGENIC GLOBAL WARMING!!!!! DING DING DING DING DING...

But for realz though, humans have lived on far warmer Earth climates than this in humanity's existence... maybe not in recorded history, but that's skewed because recorded history started just at the end of the last mini Ice Age.

The industrial revolution and the global warming trend / global ice age ending coinciding is just that. A coincidence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ITS TEH ANTHROPOGENIC GLOBAL WARMING!!!!! DING DING DING DING DING...

But for realz though, humans have lived on far warmer Earth climates than this in humanity's existence... maybe not in recorded history, but that's skewed because recorded history started just at the end of the last mini Ice Age.

The industrial revolution and the global warming trend / global ice age ending coinciding is just that. A coincidence.
    Oh yeah it's a coincidence that filling our atmosphere with more and more greeenhouse gas has coincided with the Earth getting hotter at a ridiculously fast rate. Death, taxes, and global warming are the three things we can depend on.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Oh yeah it's a coincidence that filling our atmosphere with more and more greeenhouse gas has coincided with the Earth getting hotter at a ridiculously fast rate. Death, taxes, and global warming are the three things we can depend on.
    Hopefully we'll get a Yellowstone or some super eruption in like Indonesia to reverse all of that and more.

I do believe a super eruption in the deep tropics would have a greater effect on negative climate change than in the upper la udes like Yellowstone or Iceland. Because the equator which harbors the most sunshine would have the global ash belt for months and it being in the middle of a spherical planet means that the cooling would be great and fairly evenly dispersed amongst both hemispheres.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Hopefully we'll get a Yellowstone or some super eruption in like Indonesia to reverse all of that and more.

I do believe a super eruption in the deep tropics would have a greater effect on negative climate change than in the upper la udes like Yellowstone or Iceland. Because the equator which harbors the most sunshine would have the global ash belt for months and it being in the middle of a spherical planet means that the cooling would be great and fairly evenly dispersed amongst both hemispheres.
    Meh you'd get cooling for a few years from the ash but the added carbon dioxide would win out in the end.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Meh you'd get cooling for a few years from the ash but the added carbon dioxide would win out in the end.
    I think the ultimate solution is moving far enough north and coastal to the point where you never need AC year round which takes fossil fuels and you have cities to the point where you don't need to drive cars and burn fossil fuel

Also we can release elements into the atmosphere and also strategically grow tons of trees especially in the deep tropics to soak up more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Also we can cool the climate anthropogenically by planting hordes of trees in the Sahara and other deserts like in Arizona to get rid of the dust and turn the climate much more wet and green in those places.

America is hardly the worst offender. China is by far and on a per capita basis it's ty turd world countries like Haiti that have done the worst damage. They literally made their island into quicksand by cutting down all of the trees there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kind of chilly at The Open

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My electric bill is almost 400 dollars smh

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    My electric bill is almost 400 dollars smh
    CPS has price gouged for over a decade. No secret.

Not Griddy level of price gouging, but considering SA residents don't have something like Oncor (with the "power to choose" an electric subcontractor company) it's pretty bad. CPS or nothing. Monopoly. Pretty much like communism.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    We're really gonna break that all-time record for most consecutive triple-digit days in SA, are we?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    We're really gonna break that all-time record for most consecutive triple-digit days in SA, are we?
    Probably also easily hit 50 days of 100+

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Probably also easily hit 50 days of 100+
    Yes. August is looking like August 2011 not like August 2022, based on the forecasts. Kens 5 and Woai 4 are more bullish on the high temps than the weather channel app.

Would that be an all time record for most triple digit days?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yes. August is looking like August 2011 not like August 2022, based on the forecasts. Kens 5 and Woai 4 are more bullish on the high temps than the weather channel app.

Would that be an all time record for most triple digit days?
    1. 59 days in 2009
    2. 58 days in 2022
    3. 57 days in 2011
    4. 41 days in 2013
    5. 36 days in 2020
    5. 36 days in 1998
    7. 33 days in 1948

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just hit our second longest streak of 100+ ever recorded, at 15 days. 6 to go to tie the record.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw someone walking their dog in my neighborhood the other day during the hottest part of the day. If I was certain I wouldn't have hit the dog, I'd have gone after them with my car. Asshole.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    1. 59 days in 2009
    2. 58 days in 2022
    3. 57 days in 2011
    4. 41 days in 2013
    5. 36 days in 2020
    5. 36 days in 1998
    7. 33 days in 1948
    Wow, didn't recall 2009 being THAT hot. I guess part of it was my family and I went to the Northeast most of that July that year. I recall last year and especially 2011 being insane. 2011 was insane all the way up through late September.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Just hit our second longest streak of 100+ ever recorded, at 15 days. 6 to go to tie the record.
    My goodness. What year did we tie and what year holds the record?

I just checked weather.com and they seem to think there's a chance of a sub-100 degree day late next week, but the local weather is having none of it for now.

Thread Information