Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    99 degrees here at peak heat hour, showing as 100 on weather.com for SA airport though. benefactor can you confirm please. Right on the edge
    KSAT said the airport got to 100. So our 31st day of 100+ this year. I ain't benefactor though, don't know where that came from.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    KSAT said the airport got to 100. So our 31st day of 100+ this year. I ain't benefactor though, don't know where that came from.
    Whoops, you're right. I think that guy's from near Houston.

Though I do remember the days where the Baseline Bums had their own section in the Toyota Center in Houston back in the day.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    baseline bum yeah 5'oclock news is saying 100 F.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Tomorrow's forecast only 99 F. African dust playing a role. Definitely a bit of haze as we drove to Costco today

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    When baking brownies, coat the bottom of the baking pan with coconut oil instead of butter.
    Or mostly coconut oil and some butter.

Combines nicely.
    Certainly the peak of brownie baking season here in Texas, in late July. Pump out brownies and other baked goods non stop all day using the main oven in the kitchen. Don't use a convection oven; those won't heat your house. Also, make sure the heater is on full blast and always be wearing a coat on top of a jacket on top of a sweater on top of your dress shirt.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Weather.com forecast back up to 100F even steven for today, but it's only 88F right now, so we'll see. Originally expected to be a sub-100 day

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Certainly the peak of brownie baking season here in Texas, in late July. Pump out brownies and other baked goods non stop all day using the main oven in the kitchen. Don't use a convection oven; those won't heat your house. Also, make sure the heater is on full blast and always be wearing a coat on top of a jacket on top of a sweater on top of your dress shirt.
    Just put your on the dashboard and park out of the shade if you want to bake in July tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Looks like we're back to 102-103 to end July and head into August

Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How many days over 90?

The northeast, Connecticut, has been cool, only a handful of days all year over 89.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Looks like we're back to 102-103 to end July and head into August
    KENS 5 just said it only got up to 99 degrees yesterday.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    How many days over 90?

The northeast, Connecticut, has been cool, only a handful of days all year over 89.
    That's not cool

Cool summer is in the 70s max

I'd love to live like 10k feet up into the Rockies or somewhere north near a body of water that is essentially global warming proofed for all practical purposes.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I've been in the Northeast in the 80s in summer, years back, have extended family up there, it's *almost* as miserable as Texas because the humidity is ungodly up there when it gets hot and plus you have black flies which bite you every second and deer ticks that get all over your leg hair and clothes and carry Lyme disease. Yuck. And most of this was in Maine, the furthest north state. Been there 3 times each for weeks at a time. The lobster is to die for. If you ever go to Maine, check out Weathervane restaurant, it's the GOAT seafood, even better (and more affordable) than anything you can find on Fisherman's Wharf on the San Francisco bay pier.

The autumn in Vermont, New Hampshire, and parts of Maine is to die for, IMO. The sight of the fall colors is better than sex.

Places like Seattle and Crescent City, CA area offer nice summer climate. Santa Monica too if you can afford it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    KENS 5 just said it only got up to 99 degrees yesterday.
    Hit 100 today though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I've been in the Northeast in the 80s in summer, years back, have extended family up there, it's *almost* as miserable as Texas because the humidity is ungodly up there when it gets hot and plus you have black flies which bite you every second and deer ticks that get all over your leg hair and clothes and carry Lyme disease. Yuck. And most of this was in Maine, the furthest north state. Been there 3 times each for weeks at a time. The lobster is to die for. If you ever go to Maine, check out Weathervane restaurant, it's the GOAT seafood, even better (and more affordable) than anything you can find on Fisherman's Wharf on the San Francisco bay pier.

The autumn in Vermont, New Hampshire, and parts of Maine is to die for, IMO. The sight of the fall colors is better than sex.

Places like Seattle and Crescent City, CA area offer nice summer climate. Santa Monica too if you can afford it
    Santa Monica can be genuinely cool this time of year, like freeze your balls off when you jump in the Pacific cool. Low to mid 70s a lot of the time. Santa Anna season in September is when the area gets its hottest. Would be my last choice for LA area beach towns though because of the homeless population. It was really bad fifteen years ago back when people could somewhat afford housing; must really be a mess now.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Santa Monica can be genuinely cool this time of year, like freeze your balls off when you jump in the Pacific cool. Low to mid 70s a lot of the time. Santa Anna season in September is when the area gets its hottest. Would be my last choice for LA area beach towns though because of the homeless population. It was really bad fifteen years ago back when people could somewhat afford housing; must really be a mess now.
    Yup.

Even in early August. I was there two years ago, August 9th, 2021. Just a couple months or so after Newsom finally opened CA back up. Half of everyone were still wearing masks at the time there. I remember it quite well. Low 70s is perfect summer weather, especially with nice cool water available and the sun to warm you back up. And of course the perfect picturesque Pacific sunsets are unbeatable.

I heard Venice is worse for homeless beach towns because it's less expensive and the bums literally just sleep there all day and smoke pot and crack at night.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hit 100 today though
    Yeah,

Weather.com has the first 2 weeks of August all 102 degrees or hotter. Looks like the past week or so of reprieve was short lived. The tropical wave that didn't form as the NHC expected did do a number on the Saharan dust and the one behind it which is recurving with or without development will also serve to block further dust from impacing the CONUS.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    El Nino definitely doing a number on the hurricane season. Bret and Cindy didn't achieve hurricane status in the MDR and the other two were weak/out to sea. Almost August and we're definitely not shaping up for a repeat of say, 2004 or 2017.

Even the NHC has been eating crow a lot lately with tropical waves forecasted to develop that haven't developed, like the west-tracker last week (95L) that died near the Lesser Antilles and even the one out there now (96L) that won't have any land impacts and now might not even develop at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yup.

Even in early August. I was there two years ago, August 9th, 2021. Just a couple months or so after Newsom finally opened CA back up. Half of everyone were still wearing masks at the time there. I remember it quite well. Low 70s is perfect summer weather, especially with nice cool water available and the sun to warm you back up. And of course the perfect picturesque Pacific sunsets are unbeatable.

I heard Venice is worse for homeless beach towns because it's less expensive and the bums literally just sleep there all day and smoke pot and crack at night.
    Maybe now, but Santa Monica was way worse when I lived in the area 15 years ago. There's this one famous park at the top of the bluffs right in front of the pier that you see in all sorts of TV shows, movies, commercials, etc that looks amazing in them but in real life it was nothing but homeless people camped out.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Maybe now, but Santa Monica was way worse when I lived in the area 15 years ago. There's this one famous park at the top of the bluffs right in front of the pier that you see in all sorts of TV shows, movies, commercials, etc that looks amazing in them but in real life it was nothing but homeless people camped out.
    There is a lot of price discrepancy microclimates within both the LA and SF metro areas, but especially LA these days. You go two blocks from posh and millionaires to ghettos, homeless bums, baked buildings and shootings. And you go five minutes inland from the beach in August and you're going from 75 with a nice cool westerly sea breeze to 105 degrees and a hot blow-dryer type of wind. From pleasant to the oven.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    just ticked up from 99 to 101 here FYI.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There is a lot of price discrepancy microclimates within both the LA and SF metro areas, but especially LA these days. You go two blocks from posh and millionaires to ghettos, homeless bums, baked buildings and shootings. And you go five minutes inland from the beach in August and you're going from 75 with a nice cool westerly sea breeze to 105 degrees and a hot blow-dryer type of wind. From pleasant to the oven.
    If you're going on the other side of rain shield like in Malibu yeah the hot side of the mountains are hot. The city itself is cool though. I lived five miles from Santa Monica and the difference in temperature was maybe like 2 degrees in the summer.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If you're going on the other side of rain shield like in Malibu yeah the hot side of the mountains are hot. The city itself is cool though. I lived five miles from Santa Monica and the difference in temperature was maybe like 2 degrees in the summer.
    I meant like San Fernando, and anywhere east on I-10. San Bernardino, Desert Hot Springs, Palm Springs, Indio etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I meant like San Fernando, and anywhere east on I-10. San Bernardino, Desert Hot Springs, Palm Springs, Indio etc
    You're talking 75+ miles inland for all those places off I-10.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You're talking 75+ miles inland for all those places off I-10.
    Yep and cruising like 95+ in the left lane / HOV lane (my car is a hybrid so it qualifies for the EV exception, I believe) chasing motorcycles who were going even faster -- with a Texas license plate on me so I figured I was safe from the copsies if there were any, mind you -- it felt like a half hour drive at most

Thread Information