Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Go camp in the Beartooths in Montana man, overnight lows in the mid 20s in August. Feels amazing. Or the high country of Yosemite or the Ansel Adams National Forest in Cali. Even last time I went when a nasty heat wave came that had temps 100+ in the Yosemite Valley at 4000 feet it still dropped to the mid 40s overnight where I was camping at 10,000 feet a few miles off Tioga Pass Road in the northeast end of the park.
    I love elevation in summer. Slept on Mt Humphreys Peak, tallest point in Arizona, in a sleeping bag on August 9, 2021. Low got down to 41 degrees. Hiked the Grand Canyon down and up the next day and up was very painful, but it never got over the 70s at the Grand Canyon even in August... then there was a big thunderstorm from Flagstaff to south of Prescott and then the temp on my dash literally went from 67 to 115 (!) literally right as I crossed the "Maricopa County Line" sign down the I-17.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    high today only 93, that's low for middle of June

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    C'mon man acting like Big Pharma, Big Tech, the banks, private equity firms, etc haven't bought out the GOP too.
    The Uniparty is certainly a big problem and it's taken a hold of most of the biggest parties, not only in the USA but overseas too. The Tories have gotten to be just as "woke capitalist" as the Labour party in the UK, but at least the Labour party doesn't hide who they are and are more authentically fiscally liberal. Much of the US GOP is woke capitalist too. If the big corporations like Raytheon or Lockheed or Halliburton want gay pride, vax mandates, and gun bans, they'll be all in favor of that because they're beholden to their big donors.

I consider myself fiscally slightly left of center and socially right of center, politically right-wing populist (anti immigration, anti foreign aid/war, anti DEI and LGBT+, pro nuclear family, pro homeschooling / private schooling but pro choice and pro public option healthcare etc) with some fiscal left views. But the Uniparty parties that dominate Western politics, are the opposite of that.

The European elections in the past few days have been a good sign. I'm hoping the Reform Party in the UK does well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    high today only 93, that's low for middle of June
    It's still a degree higher than the historical average for June 10th and needed a cold front to come in to get us there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    It's still a degree higher than the historical average for June 10th and needed a cold front to come in to get us there.
    historical average dating back to when? 1880s? That's basically when the industrial revolution (which caused global warming) started.

It's the lowest June 10th I recall in recent history. Maybe 2021 was cooler because that was a cooler year, i don't remember.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    historical average dating back to when? 1880s? That's basically when the industrial revolution (which caused global warming) started.

It's the lowest June 10th I recall in recent history. Maybe 2021 was cooler because that was a cooler year, i don't remember.
    June 10th was 96 last year but June 8th was 91. 2020 was a pretty hot year and June 10th was 93. 2019 it was 88. 2017 it was 90. 2016 it was 90. 2015 it was 91. 93 is not a cool temperature for June 10th. Also I see it has crept to 94 now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    June 10th was 96 last year but June 8th was 91. 2020 was a pretty hot year and June 10th was 93. 2019 it was 88. 2017 it was 90. 2016 it was 90. 2015 it was 91. 93 is not a cool temperature for June 10th. Also I see it has crept to 94 now.
    I guess I'm just used to 100s every day from some time in May through middle of September.

2020 seemed like more of a wet year than a hot year but I digress. Power went off like every night for an hour for a week in late May 2020 due to a constant smattering of severe storms here, similar to what happened last night.

2021 was definitely a wet year which was odd because the 2020-21 winter was NOT El Nino.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    In good news.

2.5 inches of rain at my extensive palatial compound.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In good news.

ugh but now the grass i.e. weeds will grow...

I like having rain close to July 4th to minimize fireworks fire risk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In good news.

Can't say I'm excited about that much rain since we just finally started losing those crazy high dewpoints a few days ago, with them finally falling into the 60s in the daytime. Don't want dewpoints in the 70s back once we get our next heat dome.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Can't say I'm excited about that much rain since we just finally started losing those crazy high dewpoints a few days ago, with them finally falling into the 60s in the daytime. Don't want dewpoints in the 70s back once we get our next heat dome.
    The deer that are all over the San Antonio greenways needed food badly. Lots of new growth will help.
    I wish they would cull out those poor animals. I hate to see them starve. They are way over populated.
    And I definitely dont like all the dust that gets up as the drought continues.
    I also like water in the Edwards Aquifer. It looks like it got a significant amount. The next week should see it rise. Maybe I can spray water freely at my dog again some day. He loves playing in the water.

FILL the aquifer rain gods!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The deer that are all over the San Antonio greenways needed food badly. Lots of new growth will help.
    I wish they would cull out those poor animals. I hate to see them starve. They are way over populated.

And I definitely dont like all the dust that gets up as the drought continues.
    I also like water in the Edwards Aquifer. It looks like it got a significant amount. The next week should see it rise. Maybe I can spray water freely at my dog again some day. He loves playing in the water.

FILL the aquifer rain gods!
    Make HEB Meat Cheap Again!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    seriously, would be nice to see venison in grocery stores like they do in the upper north states.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    baseline bum

It's the middle of June and I wasn't dying of heat today going to HEB this afternoon.

We're officially on pace to be cooler than last year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    No 100s in the next fortnight predicted baseline bum:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...4a40fb45222c37

Cold & wet San Antonio Summer 2024 as I predicted after last year's record summer, coming to pass. We even have lots of rain in the forecast!

Millennial_Messiah.

Me.

Maybe we'll get a snowstorm that pushes ERCOT to the limit for July 4th this year in Texas?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No 100s in the next fortnight predicted baseline bum:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...4a40fb45222c37

Cold & wet San Antonio Summer 2024 as I predicted after last year's record summer, coming to pass. We even have lots of rain in the forecast!

Millennial_Messiah.

Me.

Maybe we'll get a snowstorm that pushes ERCOT to the limit for July 4th this year in Texas?
    ROFL cold summer when yesterday was the first day since May 16th that had a below average high, and it only came in below the average high for June 12th by one lousy degree. Also we didn't get our first 100 degree day until June 16th last year but we have already had five this year, so don't go claiming victory yet.

Thread Information