Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rain didn't get here but the clouds are knocking the temp down to 95 for now. Lucky two days in a row.
    Yeah it's actually comfortable outside right now. I wish it would rain here, but doesn't look like it will.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got about a 1/4 inch, feels like it's around 80 now.

Thank you Jesus.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I feel it even inside, my temper tantrum over the phone feels like just that temperature. Normally I'm fairly calm and easy going but today I'm calling everyone a black or a and threatening to sue them. Definitely that kind of summer.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I hate when people use relative humidity, it's a worthless stat for expressing how ty it feels because it changes wildly with temperature. So people don't really understand what it means and will say like oh Chicago is worse than San Antonio because it has 100 degree days with 70% humidity. Yeah right Chicago has ~90 degree dewpoints. Dewpoints are an unambiguous way to express how humid a place is.
    I agree, though I will say that a really hot summer day in say Chicago or Ohio hits worse than the same temperature in say, TX, or especially AZ because of that factor. It's like the sun literally sticks to your skin and you can't get it off. Texas is miserable but at least it's like a sauna and Arizona is more like a hair dryer.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Today was officially the hottest day ever recorded in July in San Antonio, and the fifth hottest day ever recorded in San Antonio.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Today was officially the hottest day ever recorded in July in San Antonio, and the fifth hottest day ever recorded in San Antonio.
    If ERCOT suffers a serious enough failure more people in Texas will die from the heat during the prospective outage than in the entire impact zone from Katrina in 2005.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ing , today's supposed to be the fifth day in a row we're over 105. This is getting old.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    ing , today's supposed to be the fifth day in a row we're over 105. This is getting old.
    At least you got a working AC. Mine out on me the other day.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pouring rain in Tyler. Finally.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    still zero rain in my zipcode since late May.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Jeezus, it's going to be 80 degrees or damn near that here in SA for the next 6 days before it finally cools off, and it's ing December

These are average summer days in Michigan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Jeezus, it's going to be 80 degrees or damn near that here in SA for the next 6 days before it finally cools off, and it's ing December

These are average summer days in Michigan.
    Are summer days in Michigan this humid?

I hope 2023 isn't another summer like 2022. Kind of looks like it will be with how hot this fall has been though aside from those two weeks.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Are summer days in Michigan this humid?
    They absolutely can be. You can get a beautiful pleasant sunny 75 degree day up there on July 30th with a cool crisp breeze and naught a cloud in the sky, no heat index, and 2 days later it's August 1st and the high is in the 70s but it's ultra sultry and muggy and it feels more like 90-95 and you're swarmed by mosquitoes. Direct experiences from my last 2 summers in Michigan, 2021 and 2022.

The state is a blot of land completely surrounded on all 5 sides by lakes so you're going to get a lot of humid days in the summer, clouds in spring, wild weather and gorgeous foliage in fall, and lake effect snow in winter through early spring. It is what it is.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I hope 2023 isn't another summer like 2022. Kind of looks like it will be with how hot this fall has been though aside from those two weeks.
    Weather right now not a harbinger or anything for next year. Often we will have a radical SOI/ONI/ENSO change in the early spring time which drastically reverses the ENSO (El Niño/La Niña pattern). It's known as the springtime unpredictability barrier. We will know more by March/April.

It's a third consecutive La Niña winter which favors generally warmer but drier weather for the southern half of the USA. However, NOAA now predicts that we will be transitioning to Neutral for Spring 2023, decreasing the chance of a hot and dry late spring/summer and increasing the chance of having a wetter, lower temperature but more humid April to June. In addition, Neutral years bring the greatest risk to Texas for severe storms and tornadoes, while El Niños favor wetter but generally tamer weather patterns in spring and early summer, because the jet stream is parked at the la ude of Texas and the prevailing upper level and surface temperatures are typically too cool and stable to produce severe storms, hail, and tornadoes.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ensodisc.shtml

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Thank goodness now in SA it's just very hot but not the sweltering humidity the last 3 days. Last 3 days were insufferable even inside with the AC on 68 degrees because the humidity was absolutely ridiculous. Like living in Chennai or Mumbai in late spring just before monsoon kicks in. Nearly 100 degrees and nearly 90% humidity. I was literally dying.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ugh our dew point is back to 80. Even Thailand isn't this ing humid right now.
    How's it like now? Huge difference between yesterday and today. Instead of the stratus cloud mornings and excruciating humidity the mornings are sunny and actual temps are slightly higher, but there's a yuuuuuuuuge difference in comfort level now that the humidity is only 54% in SA.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Humidity down to 48%. Temp 99 right now and mostly sunny

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The worst seems to be over for this stretch in terms of heat and humid combo. Humidity forecasts for the next week are below 50% max despite temps at or above 100, but even the actual temps aren't as daunting as before. No 106-110 degree days forecasted now. And no sweltering humidity. The last few days the heat indexes had to be in the 130-140 degree range, just not sustainable for human life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How's it like now? Huge difference between yesterday and today. Instead of the stratus cloud mornings and excruciating humidity the mornings are sunny and actual temps are slightly higher, but there's a yuuuuuuuuge difference in comfort level now that the humidity is only 54% in SA.
    Still ish with a 74 degree dewpoint, only 3 degrees lower than what it was yesterday when it was 77 all day. Heat index is 113 with two hours more of warming left in the day.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still ish with a 74 degree dewpoint, only 3 degrees lower than what it was yesterday when it was 77 all day. Heat index is 113 with two hours more of warming left in the day.
    Where at? I can't seem to find any location in TX on my weather tracker that still has a 70% or worse humidity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Where at? I can't seem to find any location in TX on my weather tracker that still has a 70% or worse humidity.
    I didn't say 70% humidity. I said dew point 74 degrees. Relative humidity is a re ed stat for measuring how muggy it feels.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Thank goodness now in SA it's just very hot but not the sweltering humidity the last 3 days. Last 3 days were insufferable even inside with the AC on 68 degrees because the humidity was absolutely ridiculous. Like living in Chennai or Mumbai in late spring just before monsoon kicks in. Nearly 100 degrees and nearly 90% humidity. I was literally dying.
    Today's humidity is mildly lower and temp is a little higher. Basically the same as yesterday. Virtually the same heat index. Our heat index is 114 now whereas it was 113 yesterday at 3 or 4PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    KSAT just reported today's heat index is the highest ever recorded in San Antonio (at 115).

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Today's humidity is mildly lower and temp is a little higher. Basically the same as yesterday. Virtually the same heat index. Our heat index is 114 now whereas it was 113 yesterday at 3 or 4PM.
    I don't feel like I'm in a rotting in a sauna INDOORS WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER ON, sweating today though. Yesterday's humidity was well over 80 percent though. Now it's under 50. That makes a huge difference.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    KSAT just reported today's heat index is the highest ever recorded in San Antonio (at 115).
    Really? I'm pretty sure I remember in September 2011, for once, that the high temp was over 110 and the heat index was close to 120. Also happened another time when I was a smaller kid.

Thread Information