Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    On the plus side I think I'm just going to do all my cooking out in the car now to keep from heating the kitchen up. Should be hot enough to cook burgers on the dashboard by Thursday or Friday.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    On the plus side I think I'm just going to do all my cooking out in the car now to keep from heating the kitchen up. Should be hot enough to cook burgers on the dashboard by Thursday or Friday.
    51 degrees this morning in Aurora, CO. Went for a nice walk and some exercising then showered. Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park is up today. Then Central City deep in the mountains for a few days before heading back east on likely Sunday afternoon.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Feels like it's going to be 100+ until ing October this year
    Actually, meteorologically speaking, no. Typically when we get these scorching hot summers in Texas the fall tends to be longer and much cooler than average as opposed to the summers that are cooler and wetter and stay in the upper 80s/low 90s most of the time, but the trade-off is that it usually doesn't cool off until Mid November or even later. Like last year for example, no 100s until late August/early September, but we had 80s clear up through Christmas and the fall was generally balmy and an Indian summer.

Remember in years like 2011, 2013 and 2019 where it was scorching hot all summer and then by mid October we were already seeing temps fairly consistently in the 30s and 40s. The heat drops off like a rock.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    We've got 98 tomorrow and then at least 13 days of 100+. What a beating.
    Shattering all time records, at least for June. But on average it's not even close to this hot even in late July or August.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Shockingly had an average June day today, only got to 92 in my area. But have nothing but ~100 forecast for the rest of the month.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Gah, it's awful, and it's everywhere

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last night, my balls were so hot, that they cauterized Andy's mom's eyelids.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last night, it was so hot, that Andy's mom's pubes caught on fire and we made Smores.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Gah, it's awful, and it's everywhere
    And it's still ing spring

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And it's still ing spring
    My money is on a big time reprieve starting mid to late September and a well below average Oct through Jan in terms of temps.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My money is on a big time reprieve starting mid to late September and a well below average Oct through Jan in terms of temps.
    It's been so hot that on your mom's last period, she expelled an omelet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's been so hot that on your mom's last period, she expelled an omelet.
    Good thing I always keep some Frank's Hot Sauce on hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm hoping it'll be more like 2011 at least where we got a break and had a reasonable August after horrific June and July. Seems like no way we're not going to have a terrible July.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm hoping it'll be more like 2011 at least where we got a break and had a reasonable August after horrific June and July. Seems like no way we're not going to have a terrible July.
    There's no ing way. It could be a full month of 100+.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There's no ing way. It could be a full month of 100+.
    That's basically what June has been other than that one day, expecting the same out of July. And August too. Ugh having this heat dome over us for the absolute longest days of the year in June ing sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's basically what June has been, expecting the same out of July. And August too. Ugh having this heat dome over us for the absolute longest days of the year in June ing sucks.
    yeah...walking out to your car and 1) having the breath sucked out of you and 2) turning into a sweaty mess. It makes me not want to do but stay inside. And we've got two 30 year old air conditioners. I'm hoping they make it through the summer. Replacing one will be bad enough. Can't imagine doing both.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah...walking out to your car and 1) having the breath sucked out of you and 2) turning into a sweaty mess. It makes me not want to do but stay inside. And we've got two 30 year old air conditioners. I'm hoping they make it through the summer. Replacing one will be bad enough. Can't imagine doing both.
    Damn. We had to replace our HVAC in January. I'm glad now, I'd hate for that to fail in the middle of this heat.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I think it'll be more like 2011 in June-July paired with 2013 or 2005 in August-September. But 2013 or 2019ish in October to winter.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Heck, I'm over 8,500' elevation right now (Central City, Rocky Mountains, Colorado) and it's still like 80 degrees and too hot for me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn. We had to replace our HVAC in January. I'm glad now, I'd hate for that to fail in the middle of this heat.
    I also head the backlog for equipment and service is at least several days.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That's got to be the luckiest timing in the history of ever.

Our 1988 Trane (the one that came with the house I grew up in) finally went kaputzki in late July of 2010. We had to stay at a cheap motel for a couple weeks before the new one was installed in early August. But that one's warranty is expired and now we're worried if it will last until we finally sell the house and move north in roughly June of 2024.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's got to be the luckiest timing in the history of ever.

Our 1988 Trane (the one that came with the house I grew up in) finally went kaputzki in late July of 2010. We had to stay at a cheap motel for a couple weeks before the new one was installed in early August. But that one's warranty is expired and now we're worried if it will last until we finally sell the house and move north in roughly June of 2024.
    14 years should be fine as long as it's maintained. The question is if it uses R22 or not. If so most companies claim they can't get parts for it and won't do anything other than basic maintenance.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    14 years should be fine as long as it's maintained. The question is if it uses R22 or not. If so most companies claim they can't get parts for it and won't do anything other than basic maintenance.
    no, it uses Puron and not the original freon which is R22.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just replaced both of ours this winter...$22k for a 3 ton Trane and a 3 ton Bosch.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 06-20-2022 at 02:23 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just replaced both of ours this winter...$22k for a 3 ton Trane and a 3 ton Bosch.
    Yeah...I'm dreading it. I don't think we'll need two 3 tons. Our main problem is our downstairs thermometer is in the living room that has a twenty foot ceiling and the upstairs has a loft (with the upstairs thermostat) that opens up into that ceiling. Giant windows facing west in the living room. We don't have a lot of square footage but it's been a keeping the bedrooms the same temp as the living room. We're always having to change the vents depending on the time of the year. But I'm thinking (hoping) we can replace the two units for $10,000 or so.

Thread Information