Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch these 2 high upside potential 1st round draft picks for the Spurs play against each other on "Versus Basketball" on YouTube. Minott is a 6'8" SF that can gaurd both the SF & PF positions. Dude has some hops with defensive skills. Jaylen is a legit 6'10" that can play both the PF & C positions. Dude can also space the floor with his 3pt shot ability with defensive skills as well. Pair these 2 with DJM, DV, KJ, Jakob, Primo & TJ along with a nice free agent, in a couple of years we'll be good to go. If you can get both with the 20th & 25th, then that 9th Pick does not have to be a PF but instead, the best player available. Everyone, please do multiple researching on these 2 prospects before coming to your conclusion. Thanks and I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on these 2 player prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a Jalen Williams and a Jaylin Williams, but there is no Jaylen Williams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be Jaylin Williams PF from Arkansas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want us to take Nikola Jovic with one of those picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I originally was thinking Jovic as well with the 20th Pick but later did research on Minott and he seems to have more upside. The more I watched film on Jovic, I started getting Luka Samanic vibes and it really made me change my mind on him. As for as Jaylin goes, YouTube the video of him posterizing Pablo Banchero while dunking on his head in a matchup against Duke this past season. Filthy!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a moment I was intrigued by Josh Minott but he seem so offensively challenged it made me seriously pause on him. His defense seems to have great potential for the NBA, but scoring seems to be a concern other than lobs and fast breaks. If we had a pick between 25 and 38 I would personally consider him more, but I feel we could get someone more complete, or at least with broader range of potential at 25, but I don't think he lasts until 38, but he might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 05-16-2022 at 09:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what I've seen of Jaylin Williams, especially in big games. He had an odd season, starting very slow and finishing strong, which skews his stats. He scored in double figures only 2 times in his first 14 games, and rebounded in double figures only 2 times in his first 13 games. But the second half of his season was dramatically different, scoring in double figures in 20 of 23 games, and rebounding in doubles figures in 14 of his last 16 games. His best outcome might be something like a Robert Williams lll type player, but with (much) less shot blocking, more passing, more steals, and maybe more switchability on D. His defensive rating was the individual best on a generally good defensive team, and he ended the year on a high note, outplaying Paolo Banchero in a loss to Duke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I originally was thinking Jovic as well with the 20th Pick but later did research on Minott and he seems to have more upside. The more I watched film on Jovic, I started getting Luka Samanic vibes and it really made me change my mind on him. As for as Jaylin goes, YouTube the video of him posterizing Pablo Banchero while dunking on his head in a matchup against Duke this past season. Filthy!
    Sammich’s issues were between the ears. I think the Spurs could have ironed out his skill deficits if he hadn’t been such a lazy ass. Jovic is playing better in a higher level league than Luka was at nearly 19. Don’t get spooked every time you see a tall white euro with ball skills.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sammich’s issues were between the ears. I think the Spurs could have ironed out his skill deficits if he hadn’t been such a lazy ass. Jovic is playing better in a higher level league than Luka was at nearly 19. Don’t get spooked every time you see a tall white euro with ball skills.
    It's fascinating to compare Sammich's approach to life to someone like DRob. Neither liked basketball or was particularly compe ive, but DRob embraced his talent for this silly game, figuring it had some God-given purpose, and look how far it took him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fascinating to compare Sammich's approach to life to someone like DRob. Neither liked basketball or was particularly compe ive, but DRob embraced his talent for this silly game, figuring it had some God-given purpose, and look how far it took him.
    David never loved the game, but he always left it on the court. His indifference manifested in things like never developing a post game. He came into the league as a fairly polished player. He could shoot or drive, and he drew contact for FTs. He never really built on that, though, and was substantially the same player, with health issues, when he retired.

He was a ing terminator on defense, though.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away from less athletic players(Jovic) with the 20th and 25th pick. Spurs need to add players with more athleticism with upside with the 20th pick.

The days of trying to win with a less athletic team(even New Orleans looked more athletic than the Spurs in the play-in game) than your opponents is over. It's not going to work without Duncan as the anchor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away from less athletic players(Jovic) with the 20th and 25th pick. Spurs need to add players with more athleticism with upside with the 20th pick.

The days of trying to win with a less athletic team(even New Orleans looked more athletic than the Spurs in the play-in game) than your opponents is over. It's not going to work without Duncan as the anchor.
    How’d that work out for Lonnie Walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of Jovic, just absolutely stinks on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jovic could develop into a great shooter and playmaker. I don't see Samanic at all. Definitely lacks on the defensive side of the ball; however, I definitely think he's worth a pick at 25. Same with Dieng who looks to be much better defensively but probably not as good as Jovic on the offensive side of the ball.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless there is significant offensive upside, I want all of our picks to be at least good defenders.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 out of 2 could happen. Maybe Minott at #25 and Jaylin at #38.

#09 Jeremy Sochan
    #20 Jalen Williams
    #25 Josh Minott
    #38 Jaylin Williams

Out the door: LW4, KBD, Langford, Cacok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless there is significant offensive upside, I want all of our picks to be at least good defenders.
    From your computer to Pop's eyes. Jesus H please.

Our defense has sucked for so many years now I can't remember when we were top 5 anymore, something we used to hang our hat on. I hate losing 130 to 118 more than I can say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm Murray, Dieng, Jovic, Mathurian at the 9 spot, in that order. Take whomever is left.

Think Pop might be high on Jovic. Dieng could be viewrd as a steal 3 years down the road. Mathurian seems to have an all around game like Murray with more athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's how Sacramento passed on unathletic Luka in favor of the athletic Bagley.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how Sacramento passed on unathletic Luka in favor of the athletic Bagley.
    Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule (the same way you wouldn't turn down the likes of Curry and Paul just because they're small guards), but I agree with the gist.

The goal with every pick where the likelihood is a role player (which is obviously most) should be to project whether the player is suited to playing in the playoffs. You don't need to be some jaw dropping athlete, just not so deficient in some form or fashion that you're played off the floor.

Thread Information