My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol point god
    Lol 75 greatest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked Phoenix Amare though, he was Ruthless Records.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are all the Suns unfocused, or is it just Deandre Ayton?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...ton/ar-AAQ0QGw
    Dated 10/27/2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.pinalcentral.com/arizona...4271f309b.html

He can be hand or Atleast forced to have suns match

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol losing to John Paxson in the ‘93 Finals
    lol letting Greek Freak all over em in last year’s Finals
    lol poverty franchise
    lol 5 > 0
    lol suns
    Last edited by BatManu20; 05-16-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did not realize we even had a rivalry/hate for the Suns. They got us once with the Dragic series, but it's been one sided for as long as I can remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

btw I max Ayton still, no doubts. Working through his mental is miles easier than hoping for some mid-lottery pick with anywhere near his talents. Perfect opportunity tbh, Suns are gift-wrapping him this off-season.
    Absolutely throw the max at Ayton tbh. Even if he's mentally soft it's a much better gamble than anything else the Spurs can do and it doesn't cost any draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to switch accounts?

TIMVP burner fosho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is every player not on the Spurs worth Max ? Throwing Max at a player who does not make his team mates better, unable to create for himself and team mates, not great at O & D but he is worth a Max. Every single team with a big as their main guy is out at second round and yet we wanna max a top role player big. Then what next ? Max DjM and KJ? If Klutch see us throw Max at just about any other players all our players are gonna ask for Max.
    Last edited by XDT76; 05-16-2022 at 06:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up 3-2 to a one man team
    Then lose two games by an average of 30 points per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised in the interest in Ayton for max money. He probably gets it but I’d prefer Lavine 10x if we could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised in the interest in Ayton for max money. He probably gets it but I’d prefer Lavine 10x if we could.
    Agree whole heartedly
    It will be very interesting what kind of offers he gets. They where right not to give him the max. I suspect they may be able to easily retain him.

It's also interestingly and also unfortunate how fleeting your window can be.
    Phoenix was maybe one to two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality post.

What an absolutely beautiful result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a rookie max. Lavine max is higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So here is the thing. Do you pay ayton a max?
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 17 minutes sideline something went on
    Never played a minute after that
    If it was some kind of altercation with coaches, the Spurs won't touch him with the proverbial 10 ft. pole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a rookie max. Lavine max is higher.
    I’m well aware but that ~30mm difference over 4 years with a rising cap isn’t overly material for a traditional NBA center who hasn’t shown much.

I still think he gets max money just hope it’s not from us. I find him underwhelming. It’s not like every few games he has an outing where you see crazy potential.

I’d rather take a chance on Mo Bamba who could probably be had for 1/3rd the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was some kind of altercation with coaches, the Spurs won't touch him with the proverbial 10 ft. pole.
    Maybe Ayton just told CP0 to retire right there with his one whole point in the first half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point and probably the right move, especially considering Pop’s relationship with Monty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m well aware but that ~30mm difference over 4 years with a rising cap isn’t overly material for a traditional NBA center who hasn’t shown much.

I still think he gets max money just hope it’s not from us. I find him underwhelming. It’s not like every few games he has an outing where you see crazy potential.

I’d rather take a chance on Mo Bamba who could probably be had for 1/3rd the price.
    You're not getting Bamba for that price, because he's also restricted. Orlando would simply match that offer sheet, and send you a thank you card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not getting Bamba for that price, because he's also restricted. Orlando would simply match that offer sheet, and send you a thank you card.
    Few teams can offer him more than MLE money which will help dictate the market:

We have both outright cap space AND the ability to work a sign and trade while few other teams have the cap to offer more than the MLE. Of the teams that do have potential cap only Detroit (potential top 3 pick means they are getting a big) and Portland (depending on what they do with Nurk) really make sense; Cleveland no, Memphis no.

Orlando has WCJ locked in a long term deal, Isaac coming off 2 years of injuries/multiple surgeries, trifled with political drama going into his second year of a 80mm deal and a likely top 3 pick in a draft where a big is a no brainer. Additionally, Franz can play the 4. Bamba will likely be the odd man out.

He can be had at a substantial discount to Ayton with similar upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially after they hear from Coach Monty behind the scenes about what transpired.

It's depressing considering I had him at the top of my FA wishlist for the off-season. Especially because he actually seemed gettable if the Sun's decided to cut salary with a poor playoff ending this year, which of course they had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few teams can offer him more than MLE money which will help dictate the market:

We have both outright cap space AND the ability to work a sign and trade while few other teams have the cap to offer more than the MLE. Of the teams that do have potential cap only Detroit (potential top 3 pick means they are getting a big) and Portland (depending on what they do with Nurk) really make sense; Cleveland no, Memphis no.

Orlando has WCJ locked in a long term deal, Isaac coming off 2 years of injuries/multiple surgeries, trifled with political drama going into his second year of a 80mm deal and a likely top 3 pick in a draft where a big is a no brainer. Additionally, Franz can play the 4. Bamba will likely be the odd man out.

He can be had at a substantial discount to Ayton with similar upside.
    Yup....pretty much.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just heard an official take on what transpired with Coach Monty and DA. Evidently Coach Monty told DA as he was walking back to the bench, "You ing quit on us out there." And that there have been ongoing frustrations with his motor.

Sigh. Not what I wanted to hear. Scratch him off the list.

Thread Information