Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one said that they dont need upgrades

just theres no need to act like the team is just some pathetic pile of trash. they are solid, just not great. one or two pieces can take them to that great level, as opposed to replacing every single player as you suggested.
    I said most of the team. Luka, Bullock and Finney Smith are the only guys id keep. Everyone else can go on the trading block and wont be missed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Luka is playing just for fun
    He has a very compe ive streak

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Luka is playing just for fun
    He has a very compe ive streak
    I agree I have seen his compe ive streak the last few years in the playoffs. I think he will eventually win a le but the question is will it be in Dallas or somewhere else?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Mavs were pulling up for 3s on fastbreaks. It was sad to see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I really don’t want to invest a lot in the center position. GS is showing that just finding the right fit at a cheap cost is good enough. You just have to upgrade from Powell, it can’t be that hard. Find a guy who can switch on the perimeter and won’t get shoved around like a child.

I’d rather draft a guy like Christian Koloko, and make moves to get more wing depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t want to invest a lot in the center position. GS is showing that just finding the right fit at a cheap cost is good enough. You just have to upgrade from Powell, it can’t be that hard. Find a guy who can switch on the perimeter and won’t get shoved around like a child.

I’d rather draft a guy like Christian Koloko, and make moves to get more wing depth.
    Works for the Dubs because they have Donkey tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Works for the Dubs because they have Donkey tbh.
    Agreed. A lot of teams are dumb and think they can get away with small ball because the Warriors do it. Like you said it only works for the Warriors because Draymond is allowed to hack the out of guys on the defensive end.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-21-2022 at 09:12 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You need a center, but you don’t need an expensive center. I just don’t want Dallas wasting money on a guy like Gobert and tie up all their cap room there. The league is all about switchable lineups, you need a center who can keep up on defense, grab rebounds, and stay out of the paint unless he’s catching lobs or offensive rebounds. And you need him to be cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need a center, but you don’t need an expensive center. I just don’t want Dallas wasting money on a guy like Gobert and tie up all their cap room there. The league is all about switchable lineups, you need a center who can keep up on defense, grab rebounds, and stay out of the paint unless he’s catching lobs or offensive rebounds. And you need him to be cheap.
    A Mitc Robinson type of center would fit in well with the Mavs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yea they perhaps are similar to the Jordan Bulls teams.. the ty 80's ones.
    And i have said lots of times, especially at the beginning of the season that Luka needs to be in a better shape, cause this season it was pathetic how he came in. But even a healthy Luka wont win u a ring with role players. He also gets tired cause he needs to do pretty much everything. I dont think a better shape will make a giant difference. Dallas has the most created open shots in the league. And its not cause of Brunson and Dinwidie.
    On the end of the day, Dallas roster needs changes and they also need a second star player.
    Another thing is, Luka is still playing just for fun, and is still not serious about all of this. Perhaps this year will make him get serious.

Gobert is a good option, but Brunson as the second option is not. Especially if u wanna have a defensivd team. Him and Luka just dont offer that much on defense. Cause Luka, even if a lot better than last years, is still just not quick enough and Brunson is just a midget. Dallas needs someone like Beal for the second option.
    Brunson could be fine as #3 if they get a better #2 Dojo is a solid role player kleber is okay too
    Again the #1 on a potential le team is the hardest piece to get
    Plus Kidd looks like a good coach get
    Cuban is willing to spend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need Myles Turner and make a Brunson sign and trade for a second scoring option that needs to be an all star caliber player. Like I said before, I'd only let Luka, Bullock and DFS stay for sure. Everyone else is not needed if u can get something for them. West is gonna be even harder next year, so going in with the same team will be a big mistake.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It's not just Draymond defensively, but Steph and Klay and Poole and even Wiggins offensively that allow the Warriors to have a center like Looney. On most nights, they need next to nothing from Looney in terms of scoring. And when they get scoring from him like in game 2, it's all gravy. It's not like hey they can win games with their starting center only scoring 10 points a game. No, it's like they can blow out teams with their starting center scoring only 2-4 points a game. That kind of center doesn't work on maybe any other team in the league.

I wonder how much Andre Drummond is looking for in free agency. He played on a vet minimum this past season, I believe. Would he take the MLE? Would a team like Dallas offer him the MLE? For all his warts and lack of basketball IQ, Drummond offers several of the things the Mavs could use in a center, even if it's in an 18-24 minutes a game type of role. And as big as he is, he's actually better than most centers switching onto guards and wings and playing them solid. He's just a doofus too often and he lacks self awareness on and off the court.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Myles Turner is nice in theory but he’s hurt more than Porzingis. No thanks to Drummond.

The best options imo are to draft a center, or see if the Kings will give up Richaun Holmes since they already have Sabonis, although he’s not very good defensively so that creates it’s own set of problems. But all I really want is to not see Dwight Powell’s stupid face anymore.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dwight Powell is a homeless man's version of Clint Capela. He's the definition of a "high energy, hustle" player that will always disappear in the playoffs but always tricks people into thinking he's a good player with his random, empty stats 20 point games in January tbh

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I know it can be tortuous and respect the people enjoy fairness and justice thus they simply avoid Warriors games for that reason.
    That having been said, for those of us who will watch let's track their MVP.

Fully warmed up and delivered in Rounds 1 and 2.
    You kind of have to cross that bridge at some point...You can't just pace the play ENTIRELY around the husband and his "needs"....he wants to enjoy this when his is soft too and a responsible bull understands this and teaches/trains the little cuck to know how to participate in a gratifying way that doesn't involve blowing his load on the floor/in-his-hand/bed or anywhere else where it starts to be a chore dodging sperm that isn't yours....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Brunson could be fine as #3 if they get a better #2 Dojo is a solid role player kleber is okay too
    Again the #1 on a potential le team is the hardest piece to get
    Plus Kidd looks like a good coach get
    Cuban is willing to spend
    That was pre shark tank Cuban.

This current version is always looking for Chris Kaman or Devin Harris type bargains.

Hopefully he realizes that Luka is not stupid and knows what legit help is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just saw some Draymond ing at the refs compilation from just the first two games.. LOL NBA, this is a joke. This donkey is more protected than LeBron or any other player. Lucky ass role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just saw some Draymond ing at the refs compilation from just the first two games.. LOL NBA, this is a joke. This donkey is more protected than LeBron or any other player. Lucky ass role player.
    Do post if you have a link.

Not sure if and when it will be revealed what the catalyst was for the Most Rigged trophy being temporarily passed from Lakers to Warriors.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah that was some of the biggest player favoritism I’ve ever seen toward one guy in regards to the refs refusing to give Draymond a second T/ejection in the 2nd game. Comical really but I didn’t care too much. Admittedly I don’t watch the Warriors too much but he doesn’t seem like much of a difference maker in this series anyway. They went on their big run with him on the sidelines and he’s not exactly “shutting anybody down” if he’s not guarding Doncic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do post if you have a link.

Not sure if and when it will be revealed what the catalyst was for the Most Rigged trophy being temporarily passed from Lakers to Warriors.
    This is just from game 2. I saw a longer one yesterday, but cant find it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/c...n_compilation/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just from game 2. I saw a longer one yesterday, but cant find it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/c...n_compilation/
    Dallas 76
    gots 64
    Over the back body and hack play. No call.
    Just wow.

And he's allowed to run his mouth about it as if he should have gotten the call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas 76
    gots 64
    Over the back body and hack play. No call.
    Just wow.

And he's allowed to run his mouth about it as if he should have gotten the call.
    he's been doing it for years, so i guess he's just immune to getting techs. He should be getting at least one every game the way he es at the refs. And this is not even the Luka crying at the refs, this guy pretty much just screams in their faces and its fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's been doing it for years, so i guess he's just immune to getting techs. He should be getting at least one every game the way he es at the refs. And this is not even the Luka crying at the refs, this guy pretty much just screams in their faces and its fine.
    And while the NBA overlooks Donkeys antics, it instead concerns itself with:

NBA fines Dallas Mavericks $100,000 for third bench-decorum violation of postseason (espn.com)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not even about the officials being immune to him. Sheed did the same antics to the officials and he never got a pass from them and always got T’d up. I suspect favoritism from the league why Draymond isn’t getting tossed out of these games. I’m sure Silver has sent a memo to the officials to not be quick to give Draymond a tech or to eject him. Draymond plays for the league’s cash cow which allows him to get away with .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFLMAO. this guy can do whatever he wants... this is such a joke. Next year he'll perhaps be allowed to punch the refs.

Thread Information