Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Im sure he'd love to see Brunson stay, but not as the second option. I dont see the guy as an even 3rd option on a championship team. Best case scenario is he becomes Fred VanVleet.
    I agree he's a #3. They just need a 3&D and high volume scorer. Both roles can be filled with aging players.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine if Bullock and Kleber didn't shoot 0-15.... But yea, Luka's fault.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    imagine if Bullock and Kleber didn't shoot 0-15.... But yea, Luka's fault.
    who is saying it's Luka's fault? you're arguing with yourself

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the role players are simply too reliant on the 3. there is no dive cutting or attacking closeouts (largely because they aren't good at it)

if they hit their open 3s, Dallas is unbeatable. but it's hard to rely on that for an entire playoff run. they were bound to go cold at some point. unfortunately they basically ALL did at the same time. but that's just how it goes when you're that reliant on 3s.

Kidd next season has to to incorporate more ways to get easy buckets from the role players when Luka and Brunson get trapped and doubled in the paint. GS is making Dallas pay for giving Steph and klay extra attention. Dallas isn't doing the same.

might be nice to have an athletic slasher like Harrison Barnes. too bad he was given up for the great Justin Jackson.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    who is saying it's Luka's fault? you're arguing with yourself
    his constant whining can actually make Mavs fans sick of Luka

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bullock/Dorian/Maxi are just out of gas. You can’t ride them this hard for 4 series. Relying on Dwight, and not having a decent bench player outside of Dinwiddie is what killed them. Upgrade at center and get another decent 3&D wing. Find a way to get rid of either Hardaway or Bertans, there should only be room for one streaky shooter who is utterly useless at everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the role players are simply too reliant on the 3. there is no dive cutting or attacking closeouts (largely because they aren't good at it)

if they hit their open 3s, Dallas is unbeatable. but it's hard to rely on that for an entire playoff run. they were bound to go cold at some point. unfortunately they basically ALL did at the same time. but that's just how it goes when you're that reliant on 3s.

Kidd next season has to to incorporate more ways to get easy buckets from the role players when Luka and Brunson get trapped and doubled in the paint. GS is making Dallas pay for giving Steph and klay extra attention. Dallas isn't doing the same.

might be nice to have an athletic slasher like Harrison Barnes. too bad he was given up for the great Justin Jackson.
    Like the old saying, if you've got a flat tire you just know a role player will help you, they always show up during a blowout.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    and while I'd still prefer to have a stronger player than brunson or dinwiddie, I think they are good enough for a luka team to win a championship. some of that is because Luka is just that good.

but everyone else going 5-27 is just unacceptable. gotta find ways to get easy buckets out of them, not just 3s. and a better defensive presence. as mono said, a quality center and one more 3 and D wing, and a little less reliance on 3s can make a world of difference, and turn these winnable losses into easy victories

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good to see Media squirm the last 2 nights. First Boston crawlin', belly draggin' late and then last night...denied that series even getting offin' the ground. Nope!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good to see Media squirm the last 2 nights. First Boston crawlin', belly draggin' late and then last night...denied that series even getting offin' the ground. Nope!
    ...the chick that with Mahomes! A living doll. Sweet Jesus! That was the highlight of the whole in' night.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ...the chick that with Mahomes! A living doll. Sweet Jesus! That was the highlight of the whole in' night.
    she's like a 5/10 influencer Barbie

I let you borrow my IG log in

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Beautiful long blonde curls but idk something off about her, thread. long face l? her mouth ? not sure … she has some pretty features but in a odd combo.
    Personally the Becky Bronny took to prom, looks much better to me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Agreed on most points, NEO.
    Problem is to win the next two series is a big step.
    Plenty of flash in the pan teams make WCF but winning it and the Finals will take more than Luka snd the current core.
    I believe Luka doesn’t need a fellow superstar but he does need a two way borderline star like Middleton was for Giannis or Siakm provided Kawhi… none of Dallas top 3 players are good on defense.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of flash in the pan teams make WCF but winning it and the Finals will take more than Luka snd the current core.
    I believe Luka doesn’t need a fellow superstar but he does need a two way borderline star like Middleton was for Giannis or Siakm provided Kawhi… none of Dallas top 3 players are good on defense.
    Yeap, someone like middleton and a solid center will make the team much better. With brunson and dinwidie they aint going nowhere.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Fluka isn’t good on defense either. Lol getting cooked by a one legged Thompson

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fluka isn’t good on defense either. Lol getting cooked by a one legged Thompson
    Said that when I said none of their top 3 …

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also agree with Neo as good as Kidd has been he gotta get more easy looks for the supporting cast.
    That being said DOJo and bullock missed layups last night too

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The overreactions are pretty funny here. The team is getting the same easy, wide open looks they got vs Phoenix and Utah. The problem is they only have 5 decent players (5.5 if you count Maxi). These guys used everything they had to beat Phoenix, and now they’re exhausted. You can’t run 5 guys into the ground like this during the playoffs.

Addressing the center position and wing depth are their biggest needs. Brunson has taken steps every year, and I personally think he can handle a bigger scoring load next year. Dinwiddie was a deadline pickup, and 99% of the time those guys never fit in properly in year one. He should be able to develop more chemistry with Luka & Brunson too.

The scoring is going to be fine next season, and so is the defense. The problem is depth, and if they don’t fix that, and have to play Bullock/DoeDoe 45 minutes a game again next postseason, we’ll see the same results.

Sterling Brown and Frank were pretty terrible misses by the current front office. Josh Green is still TBD but he definitely is trending down. Hardaway & Bertans are what they are. I’m actually hoping they keep Pinson and give him a shot. But on top of that they just have to replace Powell and get another 3&D. This team is really close, they don’t need to blow all their capital acquiring an overrated second star.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Beautiful long blonde curls but idk something off about her, thread. long face l? her mouth ? not sure … she has some pretty features but in a odd combo.
    Personally the Becky Bronny took to prom, looks much better to me.
    I've looked her up since they caught them courtside last night and it wasn't as sweet as then. Just that ing moment was unbelievable. The perfection, her innocence caught precisely. Made my evening.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The overreactions are pretty funny here. The team is getting the same easy, wide open looks they got vs Phoenix and Utah. The problem is they only have 5 decent players (5.5 if you count Maxi). These guys used everything they had to beat Phoenix, and now they’re exhausted. You can’t run 5 guys into the ground like this during the playoffs.

Addressing the center position and wing depth are their biggest needs. Brunson has taken steps every year, and I personally think he can handle a bigger scoring load next year. Dinwiddie was a deadline pickup, and 99% of the time those guys never fit in properly in year one. He should be able to develop more chemistry with Luka & Brunson too.

The scoring is going to be fine next season, and so is the defense. The problem is depth, and if they don’t fix that, and have to play Bullock/DoeDoe 45 minutes a game again next postseason, we’ll see the same results.

Sterling Brown and Frank were pretty terrible misses by the current front office. Josh Green is still TBD but he definitely is trending down. Hardaway & Bertans are what they are. I’m actually hoping they keep Pinson and give him a shot. But on top of that they just have to replace Powell and get another 3&D. This team is really close, they don’t need to blow all their capital acquiring an overrated second star.
    this. a quality big, a quality wing, some natural chemistry growth and a few tweaks by kidd, and they are there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've looked her up since they caught them courtside last night and it wasn't as sweet as then. Just that ing moment was unbelievable. The perfection, her innocence caught precisely. Made my evening.
    ADDENDUM:::If anyone has it on a recording the moment is coming out of the end of the 3rd quarter commercials as they're sitting side-by-side on the sideline...and they catch her unawares.

I had deleted it on the DVR and went back and recovered it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she's like a 5/10 influencer Barbie

I let you borrow my IG log in

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I get not wanting to blow up team …
    But it’s not just depth if so just getting Hardaway Jr back and a smart signing would fix that
    I think if you are being truly honest more guys besides Brunson Dinwiddie and of course Luka that are both good enough shooters to force a hard close out but skilled enough to attack it off the bounce.
    Yes Mavs Got some open looks they just missed … but there are levels. They are not very far but to say they are close is being a homer.
    Took an epic collapse by Phx to get here but all credit to Mavs for applying the pressure that caused Suns to fold. I don’t think major changes are needed but small additions not enough either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Mavs gonna go the 2011 route they need to bring in a dpoty quality center
    A hof PG that still got game
    Add a versatile defender like Marion
    And Dinwiddie or Brunson approximate Het who hit some big shots in big moments

Easier said than done

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I get not wanting to blow up team …
    But it’s not just depth if so just getting Hardaway Jr back and a smart signing would fix that
    I think if you are being truly honest more guys besides Brunson Dinwiddie and of course Luka that are both good enough shooters to force a hard close out but skilled enough to attack it off the bounce.
    Yes Mavs Got some open looks they just missed … but there are levels. They are not very far but to say they are close is being a homer.
    Took an epic collapse by Phx to get here but all credit to Mavs for applying the pressure that caused Suns to fold. I don’t think major changes are needed but small additions not enough either.
    I just think the whole “they need a #2 scorer” take is wrong imo. They have scorers, they have shooters, and they have defense. They just need small additions there to make sure those guys stay fresh. But then fixing the center position is definitely more than a small upgrade. They have to get someone significantly better than Powell, which shouldn’t be very hard to do, but we’ve seen Dallas screw up the center position for decades now, sans 2011.

Thread Information