Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's likely that Keegan Murray could fall a few spots. That would be ideal
    Definitely who I'm hoping for at 9, but it's wishful thinking.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have a Gay-dar?
    Well to get myself out of jail here I have never once before looked at any draft prospect and thought, I think this guy is gay. And I only thought that with Sochan when I saw his outfit at the draft combine the other day, then listened to his interview, then thought about the coloured hairstyles etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to get myself out of jail here I have never once before looked at any draft prospect and thought, I think this guy is gay. And I only thought that with Sochan when I saw his outfit at the draft combine the other day, then listened to his interview, then thought about the coloured hairstyles etc.
    Just giving you . Nothing wrong with what you said. He may very well be. And growing up for a number of years in Waco, and being a former Baylor Ball Boy (basketball sweat scrubber) I can tell you there are a number of gay athletes and students that attend Baylor. Which is ironic considering it's the largest Southern Baptist university on Earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone who popped out to me in the draft combine measurements was Marjon Beauchamp. His physical profile is very similar to Herb Jones and could be worth a look at 20. He might have that potential as a defensive stopper who can also switch and guard 2-4. Very good rebounder, 3 point shot needs work (24% on 2.8 attempts in the G-League).

6’5.25 without shoes (-0.75” vs Jones)
    7’0.75 wingspan (+0.5” vs Jones)
    8’10 standing reach (= vs Jones)

He didn’t test in the lane agility and vertical leaping but he’s a very good athlete.

Herb Jones had very similar measurements to Kawhi (identical height and standing reach, Kawhi had a ridiculous 7’3 wingspan).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just giving you . Nothing wrong with what you said. He may very well be. And growing up for a number of years in Waco, and being a former Baylor Ball Boy (basketball sweat scrubber) I can tell you there are a number of gay athletes and students that attend Baylor. Which is ironic considering it's the largest Southern Baptist university on Earth.
    Haha yep all good I took it as a joke 👍🏼😂

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like who in cares if he's gay or not, if he's good at basketball he belongs on my fav team no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like who in cares if he's gay or not, if he's good at basketball he belongs on my fav team no doubt.
    Haha for sure I wouldn’t care if he was and he was on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be bisexual like Rodman was. Who knows. Who cares. So long as he can hoop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy I feel a little bad for is Trayce Jackson-Davis. Earlier in the week, he seemed to have the most hype as an overlooked sleeper, but then he got covid and had to drop out of the combine activities. Guys like Jalen Williams and Jake LaRavia were the big risers in the last few days, with LaRavia likely getting a promise from a team and dropping out of the scrimmages, and some scouts predicting that J-Will would go as high as a lottery pick. I wonder how teams will proceed with Trayce at this point? I suppose they'll do their own measurements, but he'll miss out on trying to wow people in the combine environment. He led his team in points, rebounds, and blocks-- 18.3/8.1/2.3-- as well as FG% and FTA. He led the entire country in FTA last year and has averaged 12 FTA per game over his career at Indiana, which is an elite number. He led the entire Big Ten conference in Defensive Win Shares and was 2nd behind Keegan Murray in Total Win Shares. His most common player comp is Brandon Clarke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hes also first among SFs

all this while being one of the most complete offensive players in the draft

No need to overthink this. Draft JWill and run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

look who is watching intently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

take note: JWill is ambidextrous

its gonna take years for Eason or Sochan to learn moves like this

draft him with the 9th

get this draft over with.

lets move on to FA
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-20-2022 at 05:20 AM.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is a baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha man I could care less about a players sexuality but I laughed out loud about Keldon and him being boyfriends. The youth push the envelope these days with their styles etc, maybe he is already open. Makes no difference but if him and Keldon are dating somebody has to get traded LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think Eason can play the 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I were bisexual. Opens up the entire population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're getting your dates confused, likely 1999 with 2002. When Manu was picked he was nowhere near the widely recognized player he became by the time he actually stepped foot in the NBA.
    I know that. I wasn't suggesting he was widely recognized, but he was a Euro MVP and the comparisons overseas were happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in such a good position as long as they don’t around lol they’ll be able to grab one of either Johnny Davis, Mathurin, JWill, Sochan, Eason. Just gotta hope they don’t pull some and grab Nikola Jovic with the 9th pick or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy I feel a little bad for is Trayce Jackson-Davis. Earlier in the week, he seemed to have the most hype as an overlooked sleeper, but then he got covid and had to drop out of the combine activities. Guys like Jalen Williams and Jake LaRavia were the big risers in the last few days, with LaRavia likely getting a promise from a team and dropping out of the scrimmages, and some scouts predicting that J-Will would go as high as a lottery pick. I wonder how teams will proceed with Trayce at this point? I suppose they'll do their own measurements, but he'll miss out on trying to wow people in the combine environment. He led his team in points, rebounds, and blocks-- 18.3/8.1/2.3-- as well as FG% and FTA. He led the entire country in FTA last year and has averaged 12 FTA per game over his career at Indiana, which is an elite number. He led the entire Big Ten conference in Defensive Win Shares and was 2nd behind Keegan Murray in Total Win Shares. His most common player comp is Brandon Clarke.
    Agree. I follow Big Ten and IU fairly closely and think he should be early 2nd round. I've also tabbed Clarke as a decent comparison. If the Spurs had room, I certainly wouldn't mind giving him a shot. Good character, rangy and athletic, good hustle, just missing that jumpshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

take note: JWill is ambidextrous

its gonna take years for Eason or Sochan to learn moves like this

draft him with the 9th

get this draft over with.

lets move on to FA
    Kudos to Jalen Williams. I'd still not be overjoyed to take him at #9. None of the very top players are in these scrimmages. He's playing against a lower echelon. Of course he had a great year and his numbers look very good, but I'm weary of paying too much attention to the combine at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone who popped out to me in the draft combine measurements was Marjon Beauchamp. His physical profile is very similar to Herb Jones and could be worth a look at 20. He might have that potential as a defensive stopper who can also switch and guard 2-4. Very good rebounder, 3 point shot needs work (24% on 2.8 attempts in the G-League).

6’5.25 without shoes (-0.75” vs Jones)
    7’0.75 wingspan (+0.5” vs Jones)
    8’10 standing reach (= vs Jones)

He didn’t test in the lane agility and vertical leaping but he’s a very good athlete.

Herb Jones had very similar measurements to Kawhi (identical height and standing reach, Kawhi had a ridiculous 7’3 wingspan).
    that's all very nice and all but is he gay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that. I wasn't suggesting he was widely recognized, but he was a Euro MVP and the comparisons overseas were happening.
    Not in 1999. In 1998 he went to Italy to play for Reggio Calabria in the 2nd division and got the promotion to the 1st division, THEN he was drafted and subsequently played another season for Reggio Calabria in the Italian 1st division, following that he signed for Kinder Bologna and THERE he earned Euroleague finals MVP in 2001. That's when he really gained widespread attention. Not before that. Look, it's pretty easy to figure out: someone who draws comparisons to Kobe doesn't fall to 57. Again, you're probably in good faith confusing 1999 with 2001/2002.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in such a good position as long as they don’t around lol they’ll be able to grab one of either Johnny Davis, Mathurin, JWill, Sochan, Eason. Just gotta hope they don’t pull some and grab Nikola Jovic with the 9th pick or something.
    The only one i could like the reach is Dieng tough i prefer drafting in your list( with Daniels also in the mix and maybe not Jwill). Jovic at 20 is ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's all very nice and all but is he gay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information