Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should draft Jaylin Williams and Jalen Williams just for fun.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's hilarious that there is a Jalen Williams and a Jaylin Williams. I'm waiting for some team to pick the wrong one by mistake.

Edit: Mr. Body beat me to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, despite TiMVP's character questions, I strongly suspect the FO is looking very hard at Eason. Even at #9. He fits the Kwitter physical profile to a T (which is obviously something they like), will likely be a shooter in the NBA (.803 FT%), plays hard (including on D), fills a hole in the lineup (PF), very different personality than Kwitter (but that may be a plus...). He also might have a prior relationship with DJ (he was in Seattle for a while growing up).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, despite TiMVP's character questions, I strongly suspect the FO is looking very hard at Eason. Even at #9. He fits the Kwitter physical profile to a T (which is obviously something they like), will likely be a shooter in the NBA (.803 FT%), plays hard (including on D), fills a hole in the lineup (PF), very different personality than Kwitter (but that may be a plus...). He also might have a prior relationship with DJ (he was in Seattle for a while growing up).
    I could see that. Various posters have commented on Eason having an odd personality, but who knows, maybe it's a quirky personality that Pop loves. I suppose the interview will be crucial. And if nothing else, it seems like Dejounte needs someone from Seattle on the team. Won't be Balenchero, and probably not LaVine but hey, Eason should be available. Ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only was he in WA, he beat Paolo Banchero for the state le.

https://news.scorebooklive.com/boys-...ll-state- le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should draft Jaylin Williams and Jalen Williams just for fun.
    That may actually be both funny AND a good idea... Jalen @ 20/25 + Jaylin @ 38 is not bad...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really interesting thread with the standing vertical reach and the max vertical reach by positions.

a few takes :

- Koloko is looong plus his nice shooting from 3 yesterday. Not bad with the late picks
    - Ej Liddel continues to impress me, he looks explosive and long.
    - Moussa Diabate tested well
    - Leonard Miller can jump tough he's has the lowest standing vertical reach among PF's ( he is listed as a SF)
    - Kendall Brown is a big time athlet
    - Laravia testing a little bit low vs others PF
    - Jalen Williams is huge man
    LaRavia's best position in the league might be SF. In the Lane Agility and Shuttle Run tests, he had the best combined scores of all participants, including all of the PGs and SGs. That's pretty impressive for a 6'8" combo forward.

There's one scout that has a term he calls the Golden Dimensions for a SG, which he puts at 6'6" in shoes with a 6'11" wingspan-- these are the Jordan/Kobe/Vince Carter measurements. Jalen Williams, at 6'5.75" in shoes with a 7'2.25" wingspan actually exceeds that.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-19-2022 at 02:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Combine is on ESPN News now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Combine is on ESPN News now.
    ESPN's coverage is so trash. Would rather chat with the coaches and shove the game in a small insert window. I don't know who the players are. It's just crap coverage like the Summer League stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really interesting thread with the standing vertical reach and the max vertical reach by positions.

a few takes :

- Koloko is looong plus his nice shooting from 3 yesterday. Not bad with the late picks
    - Ej Liddel continues to impress me, he looks explosive and long.
    - Moussa Diabate tested well
    - Leonard Miller can jump tough he's has the lowest standing vertical reach among PF's ( he is listed as a SF)
    - Kendall Brown is a big time athlet
    - Laravia testing a little bit low vs others PF
    - Jalen Williams is huge man
    The knock on Jalen Williams was that his athleticism didn't pop when watching his film. His testing indicates he is a very good athlete with impressive measurables. If he does even halfway decent in the combine scrimmages, he'll be gone by pick 20.

Impressive climb for someone who was 51st on ESPN's Big Board not that long ago. It felt like a reach when I put him in mid 20s on the Spurs Big Board ...... but now that appears to be too low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The knock on Jalen Williams was that his athleticism didn't pop when watching his film. His testing indicates he is a very good athlete with impressive measurables. If he does even halfway decent in the combine scrimmages, he'll be gone by pick 20.

Impressive climb for someone who was 51st on ESPN's Big Board not that long ago. It felt like a reach when I put him in mid 20s on the Spurs Big Board ...... but now that appears to be too low.
    i could see the bulls taking him with the 18th pick if his upward trend continues.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm liking both Jaylin Williams and Kenny Lofton, Jr. at 38. Both involved at both ends. Williams has a nice passing touch, and Lofton's footwork is superb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enjoying this Ben Mathurin interview…
    “In 5 years what will you be?” “The best player in the NBA”.

Slow your role son. Malaki’s interview from earlier sounded much more Spurs-ian. Not a fan of him at #9 though. Maybe #20….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs own Mitch “Johnson” is one of the coaches in the second game. Insider trading watch…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enjoying this Ben Mathurin interview…
    “In 5 years what will you be?” “The best player in the NBA”.

Slow your role son. Malaki’s interview from earlier sounded much more Spurs-ian. Not a fan of him at #9 though. Maybe #20….
    There's confident. There's delusional. And then there's Mathurin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oof. Leonard Miller played himself out of the first round in that scrimmage.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing who is projected as a lottery pick, it shouldn't be that surprising if he will be selected by a lottery team. Kid seems a baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent Barry also there.

Jalen Williams looks like a taller Primo with skills and shooting ability.

J/K. Think Primo is going to be really solid.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's confident. There's delusional. And then there's Mathurin.

I don't care about answers to a question. Bring it on the court is what matters.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oof. Leonard Miller played himself out of the first round in that scrimmage.
    Miller is not ready as a first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams at 9? I think it's about time to rev up that bandwagon, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jalen Williams can be a shot creator as point small forward, that would be huge for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams has done well for himself in the scrimmage this far. He’ll definitely be moving up draft boards even more

Thread Information