Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet Holmgreen: 2% fat, 98% bones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Williams' 9'9" standing reach is pretty crazy. For comparison, Poeltl's is 9'3.5", and Jarrett Allen's is 9'1.5".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if #9 and #20 enough for Portland to trade us #7?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a good inch and a half (especially for those close or below ideal height for their position) and you have real height.
    They do both barefoot and shoes measurements at the combine. This will be the most accurate measurement you will ever see for these young men.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Roddy measured out at 6'6" in shoes with a 6'11.5" wingspan. That's going to help him a lot. He's an interesting pick: probably a defensive liability in some spots, more solid in situations where there's less space, a great shooter.... could he be a beefier version of Desmond Bane?
    Really interesting measurements for him, next will be the athletic tests. He's a baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do both barefoot and shoes measurements at the combine. This will be the most accurate measurement you will ever see for these young men.
    I know, but I'm not seeing them listed so far, so that's what I'm going with for the time being.
    Eventually they make it all the way here: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but I'm not seeing them listed so far, so that's what I'm going with for the time being.
    Eventually they make it all the way here: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

For now, I'm just following Jonathan Givony's twitter: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arizona's Bennedict Mathurin official measurements from the NBA Combine: 6'6 in shoes, 6'9 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach, 204.6 lbs with 5.7% body fat.

G League Ignite guard Dyson Daniels official measurements at the NBA Combine: 6'7.5 in shoes, 6'10.5 wingspan, 8'9 standing reach, 195 pounds, 4.9% body fat.

Duke's Mark Williams official measurements from the NBA Combine: 7'2 in shoes, 7'6.5 wingspan, 9'9 standing reach, 242.4 lbs with 5.4% body fat.
    Daniels is long ......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniels is long ......
    Too much to like about him to fall outside the top 10. He's quietly become my favorite no. 9 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four first round picks this year? Eh, no thanks.

If it's me, I probably try to trade 20 for two future firsts and 25 for one future first. If you can't make such a trade, then take a swing on a high upside player. I like 38 -- but you'd probably have to go draft-and-stash if you're using all three firsts.

Best case scenario is something like 9, 20 and 25 for 4 ... but not even the Kings would do that, I don't think.

When I asked last year about multiple firsts, the answer was “we don’t really want to develop more than 2 guys in a year at a time.

Imo, they’re gonna package the picks, and try hard as to move up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I asked last year about multiple firsts, the answer was “we don’t really want to develop more than 2 guys in a year at a time.

Imo, they’re gonna package the picks, and try hard as to move up.
    Yeah, I think they'll try to keep themselves to 2 rooks as well. Thus I can see packaging to trade up, or trading to the future, or a draft and stash if they can't work a trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there no decent forwards to draft? We have a good core at most positions but we desperately need a decent forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another reason you don't want to draft a very raw prospect, unless he's got off the chart ceiling... only so many guys you can be developing at a time, and there's a cost of opportunity... I don't want to name names so I don't get mugged...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also David Robinson looked pretty upset when he heard spurs get 9th pick. Seems he was really hoping to jump the draft. I think they will attempt to trade up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I made a mistake. What else is new? All the Spurs haters are ing tonight. I just took a xanax so I'm kind of mellowing down. And I've recently started to reconsider suicide. And before you me out or call me a pussy, this has nothing to do with the draft lottery. I'm miserable right now in my life and I'm starting to come to a breaking point. I'm stuck at a dead end job with ty pay and I get treated like a piece of too there. No respect at all. I am a hopeless piece of and prick. I wasted 5 and a half years in college in the hopes of possibly getting a good paying job or at least a decent paying job. I've been stuck in retail for almost 3 years making a whopping 15K a year. How am I ever going to be happy making ty money like that? Sorry for the rant, I think it's the xanax kicking in.

it was good untill 15K a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think they'll try to keep themselves to 2 rooks as well. Thus I can see packaging to trade up, or trading to the future, or a draft and stash if they can't work a trade...
    I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried to package McDermott and or Richardson to get into the 5-7 range. Could be wrong, we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried to package McDermott and or Richardson to get into the 5-7 range. Could be wrong, we’ll see.
    McDermott has NEGATIVE trade value... you have to THROW IN assets to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott has NEGATIVE trade value... you have to THROW IN assets to get rid of him.
    He’s valuable to teams on the border of the playoffs or in. Especially to a New Orleans who needs shooting. He doesn’t have the negative value around the league that this message board has of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s valuable to teams on the border of the playoffs or in. Especially to a New Orleans who needs shooting. He doesn’t have the negative value around the league that this message board has of him.
    He absolutely does have negative value. He makes sense for teams over the cap to take on a longer contract for an expiring in an effort to bater their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Hornets would want to do a 9/25/38-for-13/15 swap. If the Spurs have Williams as their top guy at 9, there's a great chance they could move down a few picks and still snag him. That would give them a chance to grab one of the forwards still around in the middle of the first (Eason, Brown, Dieng) while also keeping their 20th pick to snag some PG depth. It's not my favorite idea, but if the team's goals for this draft is to just fill out the roster a bit, then saving on their first pick's salary and having a better chance at grabbing a near-lotto talent makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He absolutely does have negative value. He makes sense for teams over the cap to take on a longer contract for an expiring in an effort to bater their roster.
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Hornets would want to do a 9/25/38-for-13/15 swap. If the Spurs have Williams as their top guy at 9, there's a great chance they could move down a few picks and still snag him. That would give them a chance to grab one of the forwards still around in the middle of the first (Eason, Brown, Dieng) while also keeping their 20th pick to snag some PG depth. It's not my favorite idea, but if the team's goals for this draft is to just fill out the roster a bit, then saving on their first pick's salary and having a better chance at grabbing a near-lotto talent makes sense.

What do the spurs get for moving back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw Mathurin against UofH in the Elite 8 and he had a tough outing albeit against a very stout Houston defense that stymied all opponents. He was invisible in the 1st half but recovered a bit in the 2nd but not enough to keep Arizona within 10 pts in their loss. He also had an incident with a Texas Christian cheerleader the previous game that got some press. He apologized for any perceived infraction so that should be clean enough for the Spurs FO to take him at 9.

Williams I don't know anything about, but San Antonio has had some decent to good luck with Duke big men (Danny Ferry, Cherokee Parks). Duke pedigree alone should provide some cover in taking him at 20. I would be very glad with both those guys as potential rotational players down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To piggyback off that post, I think the Spurs should be looking for three things in this draft: A forward who can be in the rotation right away (ideally as a starter) while not hurting the defense, a center who can spell Poeltl and Collins right away while eventually taking over for both of them and a three-and-D guard who has the potential to be the point-of-attack defender on the elite scoring PGs in the league. If one of those positions ends up being a star, awesome. But they absolutely need to fill in some cracks with their picks and not just trying the same old, draft a wing and try to teach them to be a PG in the d-league for a year thing they've been doing since Murray was picked. If you think Mathurin is a blue-chipper, you take him. But if you just think he's "BPA" but is in the same class as Vassell and Primo, you trade down until there's a BPA that makes sense.

Thread Information