Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SBNation NBA mock draft 2022: Instant first round picks with lottery complete
    Ricky O'Donnell, 17 May 2022
    I'm starting to really like Mathurin a lot at #9 once again. He has tremendous potential and his deficiencies aren't terrible. A potential star that teams will have to miss on to drop.

I don't like Jovic. Just sucks at defense, truly terrible.

And I guess they just threw a point guard in there because no one pays attention to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: NBA Mock Draft: Magic Win Lottery, Latest Projections
    Jeremy Woo, 19 hours ago, AKA 17 May 2022
    Two guards and a midget PF

That would be a very Spursy draft

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! Sports : 2022 NBA Mock Draft 7.0: Magic secure top spot, plus complete 1st- and 2nd-round picks

9. San Antonio Spurs: C Mark Williams

Ht./Wt.: 7-0, 242 pounds | Class: Sop re | Duke: 10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 3 bpg

Williams is an athletic center who loves to run in transition and is a solid shot blocker with his 7-foot-7 wingspan. At 20 years old, he still has room for growth and development, but the improvements he made under Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski in two years is indicative to the type of worker he is. Williams is extremely coachable, something that bodes well for players under Gregg Popovich.
    20. San Antonio Spurs: G Jaden Hardy

Ht./Wt.: 6-4, 198 pounds | G League Ignite: 17.7 ppg, 3.2 apg
    25. San Antonio Spurs: G Wendell Moore Jr.

Ht./Wt.: 6-5, 213 pounds | Class: Junior | Duke: 13.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.4 apg
    38. San Antonio Spurs: F Leonard Miller (Fort Erie International Academy)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number 9, btw, has some good history, as opposed, say, to the #2, which is cursed.

Tracy McGrady, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki, DeMar DeRozan.

It seems to be a pick where previous teams are distracted by other players and good ones can drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that Mark Williams @ 9 rumor that's going around the league is making its way to the mainstream . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report : 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Full 2 Rounds, Post-Draft Lottery Edition
    Jonathan Wasserman, M1y 18, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Jalen Duren (Memphis, C, Freshman)

Despite Duren's limited creation and shooting skills, in the late lottery, the Spurs should see value in adding a potential top rim protector to their rotation. And having Dejounte Murray to set the table should only optimize the 6'11", 250-pounder's 7'5" wingspan and exciting leaping ability.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Milwaukee, SF/PF, Freshman)

Baldwin had a rough season because of an injury, cold shooting and limited support. But the scouting process on the 6'9" shot-maker didn't start this season. The Spurs can look at the bigger picture and put more stock into his track record of high-level shot-making, which dates to early in high school.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): E.J. Liddell (Ohio State, PF, Junior)

Improved shooting and defense have pushed Liddell into the first-round discussion, and given the Spurs' frontcourt situation, he could be a target with the team's second first-rounder.
    38. San Antonio Spurs (via Lakers): Jake LaRavia (Wake Forest, PF, Junior)

Assuming LaRavia's three-ball remains consistent, the 6'9" forward has developed the right mix of shooting, passing and defensive instincts for a supporting role.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams will be solid imo, the only thing is you can a player with more versality here. Even Duren for me shows us more possibility of shoooting. Williams is a pure paint guy that could limitate his ceilling.
    You take Duren over Williams.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's a rumor circulating then probably part of the typical subterfuge. I feel better about this now. And if this is the Spurs leaking this, then it makes me wonder what they are trying to convey about their need for center and their future with Yak...see how easy it is to get pulled into this nonsense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA.com | Consensus Mock Draft: Top 3 far from clear in first look after Draft lottery
    Drew Packham, May 18, 2022

9. Jalen Duren | San Antonio Spurs

Memphis | Position: C | Height: 6-11
    Most Common: 7 (4)

Young talent with big upside, a physically gifted big man who can finish around the rim; potential to become top defender who can protect the rim and defend the pick-and-roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News | NBA Mock Draft 2022: Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick; Thunder, Kings make biggest lottery jumps
    Kyle Irving, 9 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Jalen Duren, Memphis

Position: C

Height and weight: 6-foot-11, 250 lbs.

Duren is the most physical player in this draft class with an NBA-ready body and plus-athleticism. While the Spurs already have a strong rim protector in Jakob Poeltl, Duren is better-suited for San Antonio's core pieces like Dejounte Murray and Keldon Johnson as a big man with speed and fluidity. His offensive game needs some polishing but there is no better organization to help with that growth than the Spurs, who groomed Hall of Famers David Robinson and Tim Duncan.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (via TOR): Ousmane Dieng, NZ Breakers (NBL), France

Position: F

Height and weight: 6-foot-9, 185 lbs.

Dieng is the definition of a potential diamond in the rough, as the 18-year-old displayed some flashes of brilliance during his first NBL season this year. At 6-foot-9, Dieng is a creative scorer on the perimeter with quality ball-handling skills to get to his spots and he's a good passer for his size. He continued to improve as his rookie season went on, but he'll still be a work-in-progress when he first gets to the NBA level. Leave it to the Spurs to try and develop this young prospect, selecting Dieng with an extra first-round pick they acquired via trade.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via BOS): Kendall Brown, Baylor

Position: F

Height and weight: 6-foot-8, 205 lbs.

Brown had a rough stretch from the Big 12 Tournament through the NCAA Tournament, but his athleticism, quick feet, breakaway speed and vertical leap make him a high-risk, high-reward prospect. The Baylor freshman could provide some added depth for the Spurs on the wing, but he'll be a development project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY Post | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 1.0: Which player will go No. 1 and the Knicks’ pick at No. 11
    Zach Braziller, May 18, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs
    Jeremy Sochan, Baylor (F, 6-9, 230 pounds)

He defends, he can play multiple positions and he has underrated playmaking skills. Sounds like a Gregg Popovich type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dime Magazine | NBA Mock Draft 2022: The Orlando Magic Are On The Clock
    Brad Rowland, May 17, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs – Bennedict Mathurin (G/F, Arizona)

Mathurin has long been a favorite in this space, and his offensive skill set is a lot of fun. His feel is impressive and his shooting has come a long way. Defensively, there are some concerns, but there is enough to work with in terms of basketball IQ and frame to get by.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto) – Nikola Jovic (F, Mega)

Jovic is a first-round talent, and the Spurs are a natural landing spot. It remains unclear on whether he can defend in the NBA, but Jovic is 18 years old and highly skilled and polished in key areas. He certainly brings offensive upside.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via Boston) – Jake LaRavia (F, Wake Forest)

It’s been quite a rise for LaRavia, but it seems like NBA teams have taken notice along with public-facing evaluators. He would be a fun Spurs fit with his passing and general basketball IQ, and LaRavia should be able to shoot it at a pretty high level. He’s a limited athlete, but there is a lot to like.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The move is to take Duren at 9 then trade Poeltl to Charlotte for 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are saying Duren is a physical specimen. But Mark Williams is taller and has a longer wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These sites selecting Duren for the Spurs are just being lazy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News | NBA Mock Draft 2022: Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick; Thunder, Kings make biggest lottery jumps
    Kyle Irving, 9 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022
    Replace Duren with Sochan, and we'd get a likely starter at PF, a longterm project in Dieng and then Kendall Brown as a defensive stopper with some upside. But I don't see Dieng and Brown both still available. But to be able to get Dieng at 20 would be amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft Room | 2022 Mock Draft
    [at least post lottery]

9 Spurs Ousmane Dieng SF – New Zealand Breakers (France) – HT: 6-9 – WT: NA – WING: 7-0 – Int.03 – The Spurs are rebuilding with young and can swing for the upside here. Dieng had an up and down season in the NBL but his skills are tantalizing. -
    20 Spurs (from Raptors) Blake Wesley SG – Notre Dame – Ht – 6-5 – Wt – 185 – Wing – NA – Fr – One of the top athletes in the class, Wesley is a truly explosive player but lacks a 3pt shot. Article R.J. Hampton, Larry Hughes
    25 Spurs (from Celtics) Kendall Brown SF – Baylor – HT: 6-6 – WT: 205 – WING: NA – Fr – A versatile player who brings it on both ends of the court. Has elite above-the-rim ability, is a world class defensive player and underrated passer. 1on1 interview Corey Maggette+
    38 Spurs (from Lakers) Jean Montero PG – Overtime Elite (Dominican Republic) – HT: 6-2 – WT: 175 – WING: NA – Int.03 – A slick ball handler, passer and creative finisher with scoring instincts. International Elite 15 Dennis Schröder

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dime Magazine | NBA Mock Draft 2022: The Orlando Magic Are On The Clock
    Brad Rowland, May 17, 2022
    No limited athletes on the spurs. Need to add more length and athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Drom John a bot? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftKings Nation | 2022 NBA mock draft 2.0: Predicting the first round after the draft lottery
    Chinmay Vaidya, May 17, 2022

No. 9 - San Antonio Spurs - Johnny Davis, G, Wisconsin
    No. 20 - San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors) - Nikola Jovic, F, Serbia
    No. 25 - San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics) - Malaki Branham, G, Ohio State

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Drom John a bot? Lol
    Drom John is bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These sites selecting Duren for the Spurs are just being lazy.
    Agreed. He’s the guy I’m most confident we won’t be taking.

I think we’d take Williams over him at 9 if we were to go the C route, which I don’t believe we will either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftKings Nation | 2022 NBA mock draft 2.0: Predicting the first round after the draft lottery
    Chinmay Vaidya, May 17, 2022
    Not a fan of Jovic as he’s probably the worst defender of all the First Round prospects, but Branham at 25 would be a steal. Spurs won’t select 2 SG’s in the First though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fadeaway World | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Orlando Magic Select Chet Holmgren With The No. 1 Overall Pick
    Ishaan Bhattacharya, 7 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs - Benedict Mathurin, Arizona Wildcats
    2022 NBA Mock Draft: Will The Orlando Magic Select Chet Holmgren With The No. 1 Overall Pick?

Credit: Scott Wachter-USA TODAY Sports

Benedict Mathurin is one of the best off-ball scorers available in the draft. He can score off the catch, off a cut, and can even create his own shot with the ball. He is yet another modern combo guard that can perform roles as either the primary guard or the secondary guard. But, there are some issues with his play that need to be kept in mind.

Mathurin is 6'7 has the frame to be a solid guard defender, but hasn't found the right flow and is prone to making poor decisions. In addition, his ball-handling for a combo guard could be better, as his ability to create for others is a little questionable. It's a good thing the Spurs could pair him with Dejounte Murray, who can do everything that Mathurin can't and be a mentor to the young guard and help him round out his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^That breakdown of Mathurin sounds a lot like Jalen Brown coming out of college.

Thread Information