Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Jovic good at other than perimeter shooting for a big man? Looks slow in lateral quickness.
    Diaw-esque playmaking, bball iq. Granted Diaw was a natural athlete in flip-flops

And not to get spook by Samanic. That guy didn’t have high bball iq despite being mobile big, getting lost in rotation. Jovic IS a point guard in 6-10 body.
    Last edited by John B; 05-20-2022 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Gaming Rosters |2022 NBA Mock Draft – Post Lottery Edition – 5/19/22

Comments in YouTube video.

Duren comments implies Memphis players should get a closer look because Hardaway is a bad coach.
    YouTube stops after lottery.
    Dumb mock (they almost all are). Spurs aren’t taking Duren and Sochan will be long gone by 20.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw-esque playmaking, bball iq. Granted Diaw was a natural athlete in flip-flops

And not to get spook by Samanic. That guy didn’t have high bball iq despite being mobile big, getting lost in rotation. Jovic IS a point guard in 6-10 body.
    Jovic is not a pg in a 6-10 body as he doesn't have pg ball handling abilities.
    He's maybe a good passer out of the forward position and can knock down a perimeter shot but lacks quickness.

BBIQ is overrated on this board. Guys throw that term out for everything on assumptions of players.

Luka just ended up not very good.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan Murray falls to #9, you take him, without question.
    Doubt he gets to 9 but yes you take him at 9. I see Murray not getting past Indiana.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With all the talk of other prospects, I think I still would take Sochan at 9 if he’s there, Mathurin is my next choice, then one of Davis or Daniels.

Regarding Mark Williams and Jalen Duren, I actually like them both, just not sure if C is a position to go for in today’s NBA. But I wouldn’t be mad at either. In fact I’d probably take these two guys above Daniels and Davis.

Part of what intrigues me about Sochan is obviously the defense and ability to guard multiple positions. Look at the last 4 teams standing in the NBA and their defensive rating ranking during the regular season. Boston (1st), GS (2nd), Miami (4th), Dallas (7th). Other teams who made the conference semis were Phoenix (3rd), Grizzlies (6th).

Ok a lot of those teams have superstars on offense, but not all do. Defense can win you a lot of games, especially if you don’t have an out and out offensive superstar.
    Last edited by mystargtr34; 05-20-2022 at 01:55 PM.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m going to be pissed if the spurs take a center with the 9th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Sochan goes before Murray.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With all the talk of other prospects, I think I still would take Sochan at 9 if he’s there, Mathurin is my next choice, then one of Davis or Daniels.

Regarding Mark Williams and Jalen Duren, I actually like them both, just not sure if C is a position to go for in today’s NBA. But I wouldn’t be mad at either. In fact I’d probably take these two guys above Daniels and Davis.

Part of what intrigues me about Sochan is obviously the defense and ability to guard multiple positions. Look at the last 4 teams standing in the NBA and their defensive rating ranking during the regular season. Boston (1st), GS (2nd), Miami (4th), Dallas (7th). Other teams who made the conference semis were Phoenix (3rd), Grizzlies (6th).

Ok a lot of those teams have superstars on offense, but not all do. Defense can win you a lot of games, especially if you don’t have an out and out offensive superstar.
    You aren't going to win without superstar go to offensive players on the team, relying only on defense.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Sochan goes before Murray.
    Hope so, rather have Murray.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not seeing the Sochan athletic ability that people claim. Some recent videos do make him look better than I thought but he doesn't seem like the modern big we really need.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ClutchPoints | 2022 NBA Draft: Post-Lottery mock draft
    Sean Barnard, May 20, 2022

9) San Antonio Spurs: AJ Griffin- SF Duke

AJ Griffin drew criticism for his lack of assertiveness but plays a winning brand of basketball. There appears to be more in the tank and he fits the Spurs’ style of play.
    20) San Antonio Spurs- Nikola Jovic- SF/PF Serbia

Not to be confused with the back-to-back MVP, Nikola Jovic plays a unique brand of basketball. The 6’10 forward is able to handle the ball and initiate offense. He also can hold his own when defending on the perimeter.
    25) San Antonio Spurs- Kennedy Chandler- PG Tennesse

Lacks size but has impressive pace and good instincts. He improved greatly throughout his freshman season and still has room to grow. His athleticism and potential will earn him a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin + Jovic + unneeded PG = king puke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: Jabari Smith the Magic's prize for winning lottery
    Chase Hughes and Mike Deprisco, May 18, 2020

09 San Antonio Spurs: Jalen Duren

Team: Memphis
    Year: Freshman
    Position: C
    Height/Weight: 6'10, 230 lbs

Duren's size and strength are unmatched. If he were in a 1990s draft class, he would probably be the prized selection. However, while most college centers and programs had trouble stopping Duren this season, he's not a modern NBA center. In his lone season in college, he attempted one three with a majority of his shots coming within six feet of the basket. Pair that with a poor 62.5% mark at the free-throw line and that drastically limits his potential. There's no denying his NBA-ready frame, athleticism and ability to have an impact in a pick-and-roll offense. Teams will just have to decide if he's the right fit for their system or a depth piece on the defensive end.
    20 San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Kendall Brown
    Team: Baylor
    Position: SF
    Height/Weight: 6'8, 205 lbs

Brown is 6-foot-8, strong and can jump with the best of them. He's also a decent outside shooter when his feet are set and has shown flashes of making plays off the dribble. He's going to be a project for any team that drafts him, but one that could be worth taking a chance on. Early on, he could make an impact defensively, on the glass and by putting pressure on the rim in transition.
    25 San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): MarJon Beauchamp
    Team: G-League Ignite
    Position: SF
    Height/Weight: 6'6, 199 lbs

Another flashy star from the G-League, Beauchamp was a talented scorer on a squad loaded with ripe talent. The small forward is older than most in this class, 21, and was originally planning on declaring for the 2021 NBA Draft. The COVID-19 pandemic pushed that option back and then the Ignite invited him to come down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope so, rather have Murray.
    I really think some undervalue the defense of sochan, his switchability is gold imo in today's nba. Murray could be a good fit but i'm not totally sold on him, i have more concerns about his transition to the NBA. I could be wrong on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie Wire | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 4.0: Projections for every pick post lottery
    Cody Taylor | May 20, 2022

San Antonio Spurs: Jalen Duren, Memphis

Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports

Height: 6-11

Weight: 250

Position: C

Duren proved to be a force inside the paint throughout the season given the physicality he plays with on a nightly basis. He broke out a mid-range shot at times, which would certainly help his value on offense but teams will be attracted to him for what he brings on defense. He has the size to hold his own against bigger compe ion as teams will be impressed with his 7-foot-5 wingspan. There are questions with his offensive game but Duren has a lot to like elsewhere to overcome those possible shortcomings.
    San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto): Blake Wesley, Notre Dame

Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports

Height: 6-4

Weight: 187

Position: G

Wesley averaged 14.4 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.3 steals in 35 games on 47.1% shooting from the field. He was the only true freshman in the nation to record at least 450 points, 100 rebounds, 75 assists, 50 3s and 39 steals. He has also shown promise on the defensive end of the floor with his length and athleticism. Wesley opted against participating in 5-on-5 scrimmages at the combine, likely a strong indication that he feels good about his draft positioning.
    San Antonio Spurs (from Boston): Kendall Brown, Baylor

Chris Jones-USA TODAY Sports

Height: 6-7

Weight: 201

Position: F

Brown has shown he can affect games on the defensive end and can guard nearly every position on the court, save for the 5. He hasn’t shown real confidence in his shot, attempting only 41 3-pointers, but still knocked down 34.1% of those looks. With three first-rounders, the Spurs could look to take a chance here if they decide to keep each pick and Brown would be a good option at this point.
    38. San Antonio (from Lakers): Christian Koloko, Arizona

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Im gonna be pissed if they take a guard when they should be taking one of those combo forwards, preferably Eason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin + Jovic + unneeded PG = king puke

Unknown/unneeded PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else expecting #25 to be better than #9 and #20?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of this speculation talk is always fun as a fan but we know all well Spurs FO is going to pick a player none of us or the media is talking about and yall know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too (especially if it's Duren or Williams, and who else could it be).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is gone by the 8th pick, not getting past Portland tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Murray slides a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan is gone by the 8th pick, not getting past Portland tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Murray slides a bit.
    I don't know. Seems like Portland needs to make a big splash with this draft, meaning a guy who can shoulder the load at least some. Getting Mr Switchable on D might not cut it. I wonder about Indiana after jettisoning Sabonis, but Murray feels like a better fit. I almost see the Pels taking him and really cementing some great defensive pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes because they trade it to next year so we don't argue about it until then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drom John big ups to you for collating the mock drafts 🍻

I’m wary of both Davis and Keegan. Big 10 scorers with inflated numbers and both look super soft on their highlight tape. Spurs need a dog at that 9th pick

Thread Information