Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic had a high ceiling, look how that turned out. Keegan Murray would be a strong player in a position of need that fits our current roster’s timeline. If he falls to #9, I think it’s a no-brainer.
    Yup. My thoughts exactly, but it's hard to imagine him being available at 9. He's simply too polished and too NBA ready on day one (on both ends of the court) which would be a nice change of pace after drafting But He's Got Electrolytes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham appears to be getting looks in the 20s. Possible pick at #20, likely gone before #25…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hornets have uploaded some of the combine interviews to their website. Some great names there.
    This link will take you to a Sochan one.

Really impressive kid IMHO.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/videos/h...sochan-5-19-22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hornets have uploaded some of the combine interviews to their website. Some great names there.

Jovic looks like a cool dude, tbh.

I can see the spurs being high on him. Too early for 9th but too late for 20th? One sure thing, if he's still there at 20 and Spurs picked somebody else at 9, he's a spur.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah can see Pop and Wright really taking a liking to his personality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can see the spurs being high on him. Too early for 9th but too late for 20th? One sure thing, if he's still there at 20 and Spurs picked somebody else at 9, he's a spur.
    I think jovic is there at 20....might even be there at 25....

I also agree with offset and a couple others on Murray at #9. I have him in the 2nd tier (4-8 spots) and he's a position of need. If he's there at 9 you take him and be thankful a couple teams above you reached for projects. I do like Dieng alot and he may have a higher ceiling but there's more risk there. Murray will be a good player and he could end up being better than anyone on our current roster. If he's there just take him...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree you take Murray if he’s there at 9, but I highly doubt it. He has Pacers written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’d be happy to see Spurs pick Sochan #9, Jovic #20, Liddell #25 and burn #38

I think J-Will has a good chance with his performance and lately Spurs look at the performance at the Combine considerably. I’ve said this team needs a go-to guy first, hopefully from FA (LaVine) or trade. I’d probably switch some more. This is like shopping on X’mas with all the picks Spurs have . I’d use all of them and see who would stick. I think they really have a good chance to really find good players. It would be a fun off-season. I’m so excited what PATFO has stored for Spurs fans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a chance Murray doesn't go 6-7. Still think he should be the number one (realistic) target . . .

To Hornets: Poeltl, 25
    To Pacers: Washington Jr., 9, 20
    To Spurs: Jones, 6, 15

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately the Spurs won a few too many games and dropped outside of the top 7.

This draft is 7 deep with offensive star talent.

Ivey, Sharpe, Mathurin, Murray will all be gone at 9. Fall off happens around 8

Spurs will need to trade up to get one of these guys.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-21-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah can see Pop and Wright really taking a liking to his personality.
    Brilliant drafting guys on personality now.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely it'll be Sochan at 9, Jovic at 20 and trade away 25 for a protected FDP.

Unexciting draft for the Spurs and not really adding any huge difference makers.

That's what I'm expecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Dieng will be the pick at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely it'll be Sochan at 9, Jovic at 20 and trade away 25 for a protected FDP.

Unexciting draft for the Spurs and not really adding any huge difference makers.

That's what I'm expecting.
    Hey there's always the youngest kid in the draft we could surprise everybody with when its our turn. Have some faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey there's always the youngest kid in the draft we could surprise everybody with when its our turn. Have some faith.
    2yrs away from being 2yrs away just means more time to groom them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan Murray (somehow) makes it past Indiana, is it a safe bet that he would fall all the way to us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan Murray (somehow) makes it past Indiana, is it a safe bet that he would fall all the way to us?
    I think the Trailblazers would grab him at 7

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan, Davis, Griffin, Daniels, Williams, those are the likely options/ Spurs just won a few too many games and fell out of the top 7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would add Dieng to that list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is that NBA teams sometimes need to get really lucky. While certain teams like the Grizz (and honestly the Spurs) have drafted fairly well, sometimes you just have to get lucky. Look at how many teams have passed on certain stars in this league like Jokic, Giannis, or Jimmy Butler. People can sit and parse this over and over but the truth is that if it were a simple formula of known variables we'd have figured this out a long time ago and people woudln't miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is that NBA teams sometimes need to get really lucky. While certain teams like the Grizz (and honestly the Spurs) have drafted fairly well, sometimes you just have to get lucky. Look at how many teams have passed on certain stars in this league like Jokic, Giannis, or Jimmy Butler. People can sit and parse this over and over but the truth is that if it were a simple formula of known variables we'd have figured this out a long time ago and people woudln't miss.
    No, you can only get stars in the top 7. There couldn’t possibly be any special talent past the projected top 7. Why bother to take those risks?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would add Dieng to that list
    I wouldn't, he doesn't have the star upside the other guys have.
    For explosive go to scorers which the Spurs badly need, Dieng doesn't fit in that category. I don't see him better than Sharpe or Ivey or Murray.

Those guys are more polished in their athleticism, Dieng doesn't look as good, just another hopeful player which the Spurs already have enough of those.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you can only get stars in the top 7. There couldn’t possibly be any special talent past the projected top 7. Why bother to take those risks?
    I know you're joking but in this draft top 7 look to be above the rest in offensive skills. The offensive skilled players go at a higher premium.

Then a drop off in tier level after 7. With an occasional exception usually the top players are the first few picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maybe in the minority on this one but I hope the spurs trade 20 & 25 to move up a few spots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't, he doesn't have the star upside the other guys have.
    For explosive go to scorers which the Spurs badly need, Dieng doesn't fit in that category. I don't see him better than Sharpe or Ivey or Murray.

Those guys are more polished in their athleticism, Dieng doesn't look as good, just another hopeful player which the Spurs already have enough of those.
    Oh I agree that if it’s Sharpe, Ivey, or Murray you take them before Dieng. As far as potential well we have to disagree I think he has potential and at a position of need will need a year or two to get stronger but definitely has the frame for it

Thread Information