Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will select with the #9, but most likely trade the 20th or 25th pick. Just can't see 3 rookies on this team especially if they want to move up in the standings. Having 4 picks at least gives you options though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just based on timvp’s comments of the Spurs being high on him. Duren is young and has upside, so I’m not hating on him. But he comes from a Memphis program that was really poorly coached last season and has a reputation for producing selfish players or players with character issues. Duren doesn’t seem to have the latter, which is good. And he’s the 2nd youngest player in the draft, which is a definite plus.

But just personality-wise, Duren just doesn’t seem like a Spurs guy to me. Williams has that Duke pedigree (was well-coached under Coach K and their excellent staff) and comes from a strong family (his father is a doctor, etc). And now we know his measurements are insane. Just think Spurs would rather have him than Duren.

With that said, I’d be shocked (and disappointed) if we went with a rim-running big at 9. Legit.
    Duke players almost invariably underperform in the NBA. Like always, except Grant Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duke players almost invariably underperform in the NBA. Like always, except Grant Hill.
    True for many, but you also have Kyrie, Tatum, Ingram, Zion, Gary Trent, Grayson Allen, Tyus Jones (hopefully Tre soon)... so let's not go overboard...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They underperform and have bad luck with injuries. To me, they're the equivalent of Penn State running backs in the NFL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Seems like Portland needs to make a big splash with this draft, meaning a guy who can shoulder the load at least some. Getting Mr Switchable on D might not cut it. I wonder about Indiana after jettisoning Sabonis, but Murray feels like a better fit. I almost see the Pels taking him and really cementing some great defensive pieces.
    Outside of the top 4 + Sharpe, I don't consider anybody else "splashy" tbh. Not even Murray. And I think Sochan's age and that his closest comp just won ROTY is gonna make him a goner by the time the Spurs draft.

Though, I do think the 7th pick is very much attainable. If the Spurs are worried about a guy they want getting nabbed by NOLA, they've got the pieces to jump in front tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Kuminga, who was a consensus top 5 pick, fell to #7 in last year’s draft. So it’s not out of the question that Murray, who is a consensus top 6 pick, could fall to #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make no mistake: if Keegan Murray falls to #9, and the Spurs pick him, he would immediately be the team’s starter at PF and would be a strong candidate for making the All-Rookie team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Kuminga, who was a consensus top 5 pick, fell to #7 in last year’s draft. So it’s not out of the question that Murray, who is a consensus top 6 pick, could fall to #9.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make no mistake: if Keegan Murray falls to #9, and the Spurs pick him, he would immediately be the team’s starter at PF and would be a strong candidate for making the All-Rookie team.
    I think you're right. (My only slight concern is that making the All-Rookie team would be the highlight of his NBA career.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will select with the #9, but most likely trade the 20th or 25th pick. Just can't see 3 rookies on this team especially if they want to move up in the standings. Having 4 picks at least gives you options though.
    Unless the play is to be in the running for the French center. 3 more rooks will spark a run to that end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if im the spurs im looking at trying to sign one of the memphis grizz younger players, someone like brooks...has that alpha mentality to chuck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like he'll be immediately benched so he can get over himself and watch McDermott and Keldon be starters at alleged PF

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Murray but he has a high floor and a medium ceiling I still would rather have Dieng who I think has a higher ceiling. But I wouldn’t be mad with the pick I just hope the Spurs can get 3 players that are better then 3 players we currently have. In an ideal world would love a PF, Center, and a SF, and yeah one would be International

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but he has Indy written all over him in my mind. Carlyle drafted an older player last draft, and it’s a position of need for them after the Sabonis deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of the top 4 + Sharpe, I don't consider anybody else "splashy" tbh. Not even Murray. And I think Sochan's age and that his closest comp just won ROTY is gonna make him a goner by the time the Spurs draft.

Though, I do think the 7th pick is very much attainable. If the Spurs are worried about a guy they want getting nabbed by NOLA, they've got the pieces to jump in front tbh.
    By splashy I mean a player who can run right away and probably score and not be a project. Sochan wouldn't be splashy for a fanbase or damian Lillard. Someone to indicate a direction for the franchise. It's low-key a disaster they didn't pop into the top 4. Not like they deserve it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel DET is a team to watch at 5. They have to be upset they didnt get into the Top 3, and may be poised to trade up with Houston or down if their next guy could be had later. Not sure they trade all the way down to 9, but probably more realistic than spurs trying to get 3 via Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following the 2022 NBA Draft Lottery, NBA executives who spoke with HoopsHype said they are monitoring the Sacramento Kings and Portland Trail Blazers as two potential teams that could trade their picks in search of player(s) that can help immediately. Sacramento has missed the playoffs for a record 16 consecutive seasons. Portland’s franchise cornerstone Damian Lillard turns 32 on July 15, with the clock ticking on his prime years.

Other executives are monitoring Oklahoma City, Charlotte, San Antonio, and Minnesota as potential traders. The Thunder has four picks in the top 34 and can consolidate some of those picks. The Hornets can afford to move one of their first-round picks (13 and 15). The Grizzlies have an established young core ready to take the next step with picks 22 and 29 to dangle as bait. The Spurs (picks 9, 20, 25 and 38) have a surplus of late first-rounders that should be available. The Timberwolves have the No. 19 pick and three picks in the 40-50 range to dangle.
    via Hoopshype. While there's likely no chance to move into the top 3, I think 4 and 5 might be attainable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following the 2022 NBA Draft Lottery, NBA executives who spoke with HoopsHype said they are monitoring the Sacramento Kings and Portland Trail Blazers as two potential teams that could trade their picks in search of player(s) that can help immediately. Sacramento has missed the playoffs for a record 16 consecutive seasons. Portland’s franchise cornerstone Damian Lillard turns 32 on July 15, with the clock ticking on his prime years.

Other executives are monitoring Oklahoma City, Charlotte, San Antonio, and Minnesota as potential traders. The Thunder has four picks in the top 34 and can consolidate some of those picks. The Hornets can afford to move one of their first-round picks (13 and 15). The Grizzlies have an established young core ready to take the next step with picks 22 and 29 to dangle as bait. The Spurs (picks 9, 20, 25 and 38) have a surplus of late first-rounders that should be available. The Timberwolves have the No. 19 pick and three picks in the 40-50 range to dangle.
    via Hoopshype. While there's likely no chance to move into the top 3, I think 4 and 5 might be attainable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Murray but he has a high floor and a medium ceiling I still would rather have Dieng who I think has a higher ceiling. But I wouldn’t be mad with the pick I just hope the Spurs can get 3 players that are better then 3 players we currently have. In an ideal world would love a PF, Center, and a SF, and yeah one would be International
    I actually agree with folks saying that having a high floor matters here. I don't think the Spurs should gamble on star potential over everything else. If they think Murray is going to be a solid two- or three-contract player for them, that's fine. They'd do well to secure a starter at a position of need. We're talking about the ninth pick here, not the first. There are many avenues for the Spurs to add talent, starting with their second first-round pick. I don't think it's this pick or bust in terms of raising the offensive ceiling. I don't know enough about Dieng to compare, but that's part of the reason why Samanic over Clarke never made sense to me. Get a guy who's really good at what he does and would fit in nicely and worry about a ceiling at a different point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually agree with folks saying that having a high floor matters here. I don't think the Spurs should gamble on star potential over everything else. If they think Murray is going to be a solid two- or three-contract player for them, that's fine. They'd do well to secure a starter at a position of need. We're talking about the ninth pick here, not the first. There are many avenues for the Spurs to add talent, starting with their second first-round pick. I don't think it's this pick or bust in terms of raising the offensive ceiling. I don't know enough about Dieng to compare, but that's part of the reason why Samanic over Clarke never made sense to me. Get a guy who's really good at what he does and would fit in nicely and worry about a ceiling at a different point.
    I've posted this before, but the #9 pick has yielded players like Tracy McGrady, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, DeMar DeRozan, Shawn Marion, Andre Iguodala, Kemba Walker, and Gordon Hayward.

By no means is it a for-certain pick, but it's more than possible to get a very good player there. Earlier teams miss their swings all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've posted this before, but the #9 pick has yielded players like Tracy McGrady, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, DeMar DeRozan, Shawn Marion, Andre Iguodala, Kemba Walker, and Gordon Hayward.

By no means is it a for-certain pick, but it's more than possible to get a very good player there. Earlier teams miss their swings all the time.
    I'm not saying they can't draft a star their. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that there's value in getting a base hit and hoping some kooky bounce and great base running gets you a score rather than thinking you have to swing for a homer every time. Both runs count the same, but one is more likely to yield better intermediate results. People forget that Kawhi and Butler were both high-floor guys who just had ceilings much higher than the general consensus expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA Today | 2022 NBA consensus mock draft 3.0: How the internet is projecting the first round after order was set
    Charles Curtis, May 20, 2022

I'd view this as "best available" at our picks, rather than "Spurs will pick."

If someone's who's best is 21 and worst is out of the first round ends up #20, then the bottom of the first round is all over the place.
    If this is who we draft I'll be here purely to people watch as they rage post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did we miss at #11 last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we miss at #11 last year?
    Won't know yet. But it was the #12 pick anyway. The previous year we took Vassell at #11 and probably should have taken Halliburton.

The #12 is kind of a mixed bag. Players like Stephen Adams, Dario Saric, Thaddeus Young, and then busts like Trey Lyles, Hilton Armstrong, Xavier Henry.

The #11 has Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Damontas Sabonis, Klay Thompson, Myles Turner, middling players like Doug McDermott, a few bad players like Myers Leonard and Cole Aldrich.

The #9 historically is sort of a sweet spot for good players for some reason. Maybe because some were out of high school or weren't understood how good they were (Dirk).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic had a high ceiling, look how that turned out. Keegan Murray would be a strong player in a position of need that fits our current roster’s timeline. If he falls to #9, I think it’s a no-brainer.

Thread Information